Photo ID to Vote: Another Trick of the GOP?

Comedian John Oliver, surprisingly, delivers a good argument;
the requirement of a photo id at the polling stations effecting African American and Latino communities more. And Republicans who introduces these laws are admitting to that.

Why New Photo ID Laws Mean Some Won't Vote
" By all estimates, those least likely to have a government-issued photo ID fall into one of four categories: the elderly, minorities, the poor and young adults aged 18 to 24. "

What do you think?

The photo id requirement to vote is another trick by the GOP?
or a valid concern to protect the integrity of voting?

So many idiots get their info from comedians. It's quite alarming.

And where do you get your info from Grampa?

Asking, because curious...

Mostly ABC. ABC Radio is mostly all I listen to. Most of their stories originate with the AP

How many people don't have photo ID's? 1%?? 0.5%??? 0.0000001%?

"That leaves another 3.2 million Americans who don't possess a government-issued picture ID, according to a recent study co-authored by Norden."

146 million registered voters in the US. Makes around 2%.

I don't see how they get by without one. In Florida, you need one to qualify for Social Security, to get SNAP, and sometimes to even open a bank account.

"A good number of these people, particularly seniors, function well with the IDs they have long had — such as Medicaid cards, Social Security cards or bank cards.

Among the elderly, many of them have banked at the same branch for so long that tellers recognize them without needing to see their IDs. They also may rarely need to cash or deposit checks, relying instead on the direct depositing of Social Security and pension payments. "

Being elderly has nothing to do with it at all. I might be considered elderly by some stupid people. I'm 72 and have had a Florida photo driver's license since 1984 when I moved here. The crutch that elderly folks are uneducated does not fly anymore. I have a degree in electrical engineering with a minor in mathematics. My Father's generation was perhaps the last uneducated generation and he had enough to get a driver's license and Social Security as well as have a bank account. There are simply no excuses for not being able to obtain a photo ID anymore.

"That leaves another 3.2 million Americans who don't possess a government-issued picture ID, according to a recent study co-authored by Norden."

I don't see how they get by without one. In Florida, you need one to qualify for Social Security, to get SNAP, and sometimes to even open a bank account.

"A good number of these people, particularly seniors, function well with the IDs they have long had — such as Medicaid cards, Social Security cards or bank cards.

Among the elderly, many of them have banked at the same branch for so long that tellers recognize them without needing to see their IDs. They also may rarely need to cash or deposit checks, relying instead on the direct depositing of Social Security and pension payments. "

These laws have been trying to get mandated for what, 4 or 6 years? Are you; or anyone else for that matter, trying to tell everyone that if the law was just allowed to go through, in 4 or 6 years, these people could not have gotten a photo ID if they wanted to vote?

Do you realize how ridiculous of a statement that actually is to protect the vote for the leader, and most powerful person, in the free world!

It is such a weak argument, that the best thing anyone can do trying to stop it, is keep it out of the spotlight. What you are basically saying is------------> "4 to 6 years is NOT enough time to allow people to comply with the law, but oh............2 years is plenty of time for people to have to comply with Obamacare before they have to pay a tax. It is the most unbelievable argument in American politics today, lol.

VotingPicIDRequiredListsAllThingsThatRequireIDNotVoting.png

Comedian John Oliver, surprisingly, delivers a good argument;
the requirement of a photo id at the polling stations effecting African American and Latino communities more. And Republicans who introduces these laws are admitting to that.

Why New Photo ID Laws Mean Some Won't Vote
" By all estimates, those least likely to have a government-issued photo ID fall into one of four categories: the elderly, minorities, the poor and young adults aged 18 to 24. "

What do you think?

The photo id requirement to vote is another trick by the GOP?
or a valid concern to protect the integrity of voting?

So many idiots get their info from comedians. It's quite alarming.

And where do you get your info from Grampa?

Asking, because curious...

Mostly ABC. ABC Radio is mostly all I listen to. Most of their stories originate with the AP

Here you go

Tougher voter ID laws fuel debate

I wouldnt do this for anybody else
Doing this for you just because you are Chiefs, if you know what I mean ;)

Yet, all those people it supposedly disenfranchises probably have electricity, a place to live, buy things with age requirement, get some sort of government entitlement or earned income etc
BULLSHIT.

Its 2016 Damit! Not 1916!

" Mitchell, 93, has never had a birth certificate. She wasn't born in a hospital and was delivered by a midwife, in Alabama in 1918. Birth certificates, particularly for African-Americans in the South, weren't regularly generated at the time.

As a result, Mitchell may not be able to vote this year for the first time in decades. "
Mitchell, if still alive, should be either 97 or 98 by now. It's 2016 damn it!

I think a good solution that would be accepted across the isle would be tax-payer funded photo ids. They give cards for everything else..
.0001 percent tax increase should cover it. lol
I am all for small govt, but we NEED voting integrity. Period.

These laws have been trying to get mandated for what, 4 or 6 years? Are you; or anyone else for that matter, trying to tell everyone that if the law was just allowed to go through, in 4 or 6 years, these people could not have gotten a photo ID if they wanted to vote?

Do you realize how ridiculous of a statement that actually is to protect the vote for the leader, and most powerful person, in the free world!

It is such a weak argument, that the best thing anyone can do trying to stop it, is keep it out of the spotlight. What you are basically saying is------------> "4 to 6 years is NOT enough time to allow people to comply with the law, but oh............2 years is plenty of time for people to have to comply with Obamacare before they have to pay a tax. It is the most unbelievable argument in American politics today, lol.

The problem here is that some people are having trouble acquiring these photo ids. And seems like there are legit reasons.

The question here is: is there really a voters fraud to prevent by requiring a photo id?

The argument is that, there is not. No proof that there is a voters fraud being committed, yet republican politicians introducing these laws.

And at the end, bragging how they got Obamas numbers down in 2012 by introducing these laws.

To be honest; I didnt think a photo id requirement was too big of a deal, after listening to rep politicians comments regarding this...

" Mitchell, 93, has never had a birth certificate. She wasn't born in a hospital and was delivered by a midwife, in Alabama in 1918. Birth certificates, particularly for African-Americans in the South, weren't regularly generated at the time.

As a result, Mitchell may not be able to vote this year for the first time in decades. "
Mitchell, if still alive, should be either 97 or 98 by now. It's 2016 damn it!

She was trying to vote for Obama in 2012...

It is 2016 damn it!! :)

Something wrong with the math there, matey! If she was born in 1918, she would be at least 97 years old, not 93.

There are also provisions to grant IDs without actual birth certificates.

the entire voter fraud bs is nothing but RW rhetoric .. fraud is so miniscule it wouldn't change the outcome of any election of consequence.

yaaaaaaaaawn

I think a good solution that would be accepted across the isle would be tax-payer funded photo ids. They give cards for everything else..
So why won't they do that? Oh right, that doesn't help the GOP win elections.
Dude, your party members cant even elect their own primary candidate. Take your bullshit somewhere else.

Something wrong with the math there, matey! If she was born in 1918, she would be at least 97 years old, not 93.

Face it, this "Voter ID" crap you bring up every election cycle is nothing but a blatant attempt by the Democrats to make voter fraud easier...

And don't say fraud doesn't happen, since Bernie blew the whistle on you in IOWA!!!!!

Face it, this "Voter ID" crap you bring up every election cycle is nothing but a blatant attempt by the Democrats to make voter fraud easier...

And don't say fraud doesn't happen, since Bernie blew the whistle on you in IOWA!!!!!

"And don't say fraud doesn't happen, since Bernie blew the whistle on you in IOWA!!!!!"

Well, she has a point there :D

You didn't say that! :D

You didn't say that! :D

I know, sorry about that :(

the entire voter fraud bs is nothing but RW rhetoric .. fraud is so miniscule it wouldn't change the outcome of any election of consequence.

yaaaaaaaaawn
As long as methods to check for voter fraud are not in the system, detected voter fraud will be minuscule.

Forum List

Back