Philosophy forum

example. there is a poster on this site who has decided that i am a sock puppet. that poster has accepted "evidence" to bolster that idea in a cherry picking format. then this person has sought to bring others to that reality. that position assumes that gunny doesn't know what he is doing, and that that poster alone has the hang on reality, which is false. the question must be asked why that poster has taken that approach, since they are crafting a false and very selective reality set. what bias underlies the quest to craft such a reality?

I have outlined the case plenty of time now. I have given the reason that counters everything you just wrote. I believe I even countered most of before you brought it up. You're being highly disingenuous with this post. If you want to clear up the sock puppet business stop looking like a sock puppet. Then maybe after a month or 2 most people will forget about.

The position doesn't assume shit about Gunny. I've had, I believe, 3 mods cheering me on. You just haven't gone far enough or they are just amused enough that THEY choose to let you continue.

Why have I taken this approach? Because even most of the people I disagree with her I respect. We have a nice little dysfunctional family and you're not respecting that. You mock us with your sock puppetry. And your citing sources that don't exist.

the gauntlet. hmmm.....

when i was a poliwog, the occassion presented itself that i become a shellback. that required the 'wogs to be led around on leashes like dogs on the hard deck, sprayed with salt water carrying fire hoses, to wear wet mop heads atop their heads, and "enjoy" other useless indignities. i declined and since the librarian was a friend, i hung out in the library while my wog shipmates subjected themselves to some of the many useless rituals that we participate in-as civilians and military personal-on the flimsiest of justifications. had i become a shellback, the shellback card-plus a buck fi'ty-could have earned me a cup of jo at micky dees. that shellback card-plus a good credit rating-would have earned me a loan for a house.

others have souight to inflict their gauntlets on me, and found my return version of a gauntlet much more physical and painful than theirs, and they suddenly found their mirth reduced to nothing but their pain and some degree of their blood. i simply suppose they lacked my sense of humor. it was all in good fun, wasn't it? fun is a subjective definition. they didn't seem to like mine. oh well.

should i feel the need to grow or improve, i am much better situated to conduct such an exercise than anyone else. i reject the notion that silly, idiotic, incipient ankle gnawing is of any use save to give the gnawer a feeling of self worth in some cheap superficial useless act. mores the pity.

wading through the 95% of crap that exists on the three forums i participate in has become tiring. on another forum, a poster honestly thinks women should be smacked once in a while. he is serious, well spoken, and honestly thinks he has the right to hit another person, especially someone who has entrusted him with their emotions and well being. now, i have hit many ppl, and they were all men. none of them deserved it, but then, i really didn't care. we all grow (assumption). that someone feels as that poster does-added to the cacophany of twisted logic, insane thinking and meally mindedness i experience in forums just once again reinforces my desire to run back up into the rockies and pull the damn ladder up after me.

i have some 21 states yet to visit, many countries yet to visit, a novel half written (writers block sucks) and a life to live. the television as a form of immobile socialization steals lives, years and souls, and that alter has been replaced or augmented by internet forums and interactive networks. i escaped the television socialization, and will now escape the computerized version

perhaps in some years we will finish our discussion.

the gauntlet. hmmm.....

when i was a poliwog, the occassion presented itself that i become a shellback. that required the 'wogs to be led around on leashes like dogs on the hard deck, sprayed with salt water carrying fire hoses, to wear wet mop heads atop their heads, and "enjoy" other useless indignities. i declined and since the librarian was a friend, i hung out in the library while my wog shipmates subjected themselves to some of the many useless rituals that we participate in-as civilians and military personal-on the flimsiest of justifications. had i become a shellback, the shellback card-plus a buck fi'ty-could have earned me a cup of jo at micky dees. that shellback card-plus a good credit rating-would have earned me a loan for a house.

others have souight to inflict their gauntlets on me, and found my return version of a gauntlet much more physical and painful than theirs, and they suddenly found their mirth reduced to nothing but their pain and some degree of their blood. i simply suppose they lacked my sense of humor. it was all in good fun, wasn't it? fun is a subjective definition. they didn't seem to like mine. oh well.

should i feel the need to grow or improve, i am much better situated to conduct such an exercise than anyone else. i reject the notion that silly, idiotic, incipient ankle gnawing is of any use save to give the gnawer a feeling of self worth in some cheap superficial useless act. mores the pity.

wading through the 95% of crap that exists on the three forums i participate in has become tiring. on another forum, a poster honestly thinks women should be smacked once in a while. he is serious, well spoken, and honestly thinks he has the right to hit another person, especially someone who has entrusted him with their emotions and well being. now, i have hit many ppl, and they were all men. none of them deserved it, but then, i really didn't care. we all grow (assumption). that someone feels as that poster does-added to the cacophany of twisted logic, insane thinking and meally mindedness i experience in forums just once again reinforces my desire to run back up into the rockies and pull the damn ladder up after me.

i have some 21 states yet to visit, many countries yet to visit, a novel half written (writers block sucks) and a life to live. the television as a form of immobile socialization steals lives, years and souls, and that alter has been replaced or augmented by internet forums and interactive networks. i escaped the television socialization, and will now escape the computerized version

perhaps in some years we will finish our discussion.

Am I reading this correctly? Is this good bye?

If it is, you bitches owe me some rep! :lol:

Forum List

Back