Philosophy and Truth.

brainsee

Jan 25, 2024
Isn't the whole point of philosophy to get at some truth? Well it is as far as I'm concerned. So with that being the case, what in the hell does this category even exist here for. Because I know that truth isn't allowed around here. And if you don't know that, know it now. Because in that I am speaking the truth.

I do know of a forum where the truth is allowed. At least to a greater degree than anyplace else I've found. But it has such a small membership that you could wait months or years for a reply to anything you posted there. Why is it that way? Because from what I have seen, the vast majority of people avoid the truth at all costs. Also, for this forum to have a philosophy section where truth would be involved reminds me of another forum that claims to defend the truth. When what it in fact does is defend the lies.

So, having said that, who here reading this would be willing to tell me a lie. What would that lie be? For the vast majority of people, the lie would be to tell me that you support the truth. So go ahead and tell me your lie. WHO HERE SUPPORTS THE TRUTH! Make your replies to this thread and make yourself known to me. Also, do what you can to convince me that you actually in fact do support the truth. I have searched high and low for such people. Only very very rarely have I ever found such people.

The etymology of the word philosophy is from the Greek philosophia "love of knowledge, pursuit of wisdom; systematic investigation," from philo- "loving" (see philo-) + sophia "knowledge, wisdom," from sophis "wise, learned.

There is nothing about truth in the origin of the word.

Haven't we all seen that everyone seems to have a different truth?

The etymology of the word philosophy is from the Greek philosophia "love of knowledge, pursuit of wisdom; systematic investigation," from philo- "loving" (see philo-) + sophia "knowledge, wisdom," from sophis "wise, learned.
There is nothing about truth in the origin of the word. Haven't we all seen that everyone seems to have a different truth?

Exactly. The concise definition of philosophy then is speculation about those aspects of existence we cannot verify through direct knowledge, filling in the gaps.

• Banned

There is nothing about truth in the origin of the word.

Haven't we all seen that everyone seems to have a different truth?

You seem to doubt what I said. Philosophy is indeed about seeking TRUTH. It doesn't matter where the word came from or how it is broken down. Toob seems to think that philosophy is some sort of journey. It isn't. And in the definition you provided, words like knowledge, wisdom, wise and learned came up. But can any of those exist without truth? There's just no way! There is another thing about truth. I know much of it. The problem is, I'm not allowed to speak it. Do you understand? Can you understand? I... Am.... Not.... ALLOWED!!!

Maybe I said too much in my thread for you to get the point of the thread. So I will state it again here. "Do you support the truth?" I am guessing not. Otherwise you would have said so.

You seem to doubt what I said. Philosophy is indeed about seeking TRUTH. It doesn't matter where the word came from or how it is broken down. Toob seems to think that philosophy is some sort of journey. It isn't. And in the definition you provided, words like knowledge, wisdom, wise and learned came up. But can any of those exist without truth? There's just no way! There is another thing about truth. I know much of it. The problem is, I'm not allowed to speak it. Do you understand? Can you understand? I... Am.... Not.... ALLOWED!!!

Maybe I said too much in my thread for you to get the point of the thread. So I will state it again here. "Do you support the truth?" I am guessing not. Otherwise you would have said so.

Philosophy is nothing but seeking to understand why things are the way they are.

And what is "truth"? Everyone has their own definition. That you proclaim to know THE TRUTH and are being prevented from enlightening the world with your wisdom is a reason not to bother listening to you

• Banned
Philosophy is nothing but seeking to understand why things are the way they are.

And what is "truth"? Everyone has their own definition. That you proclaim to know THE TRUTH and are being prevented from enlightening the world with your wisdom is a reason not to bother listening to you

If you find out how something actually is, wouldn't it be TRUE that it is that way? You know, as in TRUTH. Next, why do you doubt what I had to say. Do you think I have nothing better to do than tell lies to idiots? If what I said wasn't true, I wouldn't have said it.

Believe what you want.
Academic Eunuchs

For example, I believe that Philosophy should judge science, which used to be part of Philosophy. My analysis is that there needs to be one more step to the scientific method—"How can we use this?"

For example, instead of goofy nerds emoting "Cool! Wow!" about the discovery of the neutrino's properties, adults should have gotten to work on using neutrinos as a combination GPS-Geiger counter to map the location of every mineral in the planet, all the way to Earth's core. So Psychology, too, shouldn't have been taken away from Philosophy either, because it would have made us realize that theoretical scientists have severe psychological disabilities.

Another area is Logic. A "fallacy" is not something that is false, so that would lead to the Philosophy of inappropriate language. A "fallacy" merely falls short of absolute proof. But it is a very useful lead or clue.

Don't get me started on the stupidity of the way the richgirl Valley Girl bimbo non-word "clueless" is being illogically used. Only a philosopher can see the idiocy of what is bombarding us from On High. That, in fact, is secular theology, which is not a contradiction in terms.

Academic Eunuchs

For example, I believe that Philosophy should judge science, which used to be part of Philosophy. My analysis is that there needs to be one more step to the scientific method—"How can we use this?"

For example, instead of goofy nerds emoting "Cool! Wow!" about the discovery of the neutrino's properties, adults should have gotten to work on using neutrinos as a combination GPS-Geiger counter to map the location of every mineral in the planet, all the way to Earth's core. So Psychology, too, shouldn't have been taken away from Philosophy either, because it would have made us realize that theoretical scientists have severe psychological disabilities.

Another area is Logic. A "fallacy" is not something that is false, so that would lead to the Philosophy of inappropriate language. A "fallacy" merely falls short of absolute proof. But it is a very useful lead or clue.

Don't get me started on the stupidity of the way the richgirl Valley Girl bimbo non-word "clueless" is being illogically used. Only a philosopher can see the idiocy of what is bombarding us from On High. That, in fact, is secular theology, which is not a contradiction in terms.

If you ever want to know the real truth about many subjects, just send me a PM. It can be arranged. Because truthful things aren't allowed to be discussed here. That aside, I asked in my thread, "Who here supports the truth." You didn't answer it.

If you find out how something actually is, wouldn't it be TRUE that it is that way? You know, as in TRUTH. Next, why do you doubt what I had to say. Do you think I have nothing better to do than tell lies to idiots? If what I said wasn't true, I wouldn't have said it.
So what's this TRUTH that you are being prevented from enlightening us with? Who is stopping you from telling it?

The answer is : No one.

Spill it then.

What are all these TRUTHS only you know?

Enlighted us or just admit you're a poser

Apparently my telling you that it wouldn't be allowed does no good. Be that as it may. But there is a pointless thing you could try. Find out who the lead mod is around here. Ask them to not ban me no matter what. That you don't care if they think I am a "sock," a "spammer" or whatever else they may think I am. Just don't man me. If they agreed, have them start a thread saying, "I will never ban brainsee." And in the text of it be willing to say, "No matter what."

But even then, it really wouldn't matter. Because there was another forum somewhere where I got a mod to say that they wouldn't ban me. And they didn't. Some other mod did. They would probably just ban me here anyway. And as for the thread where they said they wouldn't, they would just delete it. And except for the few who may have seen it, nobody would be the wiser. And even if anybody who did see it said something, no mod cares what any member has to say. And if they put up a fuss, they may get a little (or big) taste of banning themselves.

That aside, I will tell you one truth here anyway. You are a SLAVE! If you are on this forum, you are basically a slave to the mods. They can do whatever they want. Because they are your masters. And something no master will ever let any of their slaves do is to speak amongst themselves about their enslavement.

This world is poisoned by money. That's the truth the guilty will never speak.

Money philosophies politics, published books, articles, journals, etc... Money has purchased most of the thoughts, laws, ideas, and ways of mankind. What I'm saying is that It's not about truth it's about payment rendered and well received. That shifts the angle and balance in various directions. Alright, chew on that for a bit.

Last edited:
Apparently my telling you that it wouldn't be allowed does no good. Be that as it may. But there is a pointless thing you could try. Find out who the lead mod is around here. Ask them to not ban me no matter what. That you don't care if they think I am a "sock," a "spammer" or whatever else they may think I am. Just don't man me. If they agreed, have them start a thread saying, "I will never ban brainsee." And in the text of it be willing to say, "No matter what."

But even then, it really wouldn't matter. Because there was another forum somewhere where I got a mod to say that they wouldn't ban me. And they didn't. Some other mod did. They would probably just ban me here anyway. And as for the thread where they said they wouldn't, they would just delete it. And except for the few who may have seen it, nobody would be the wiser. And even if anybody who did see it said something, no mod cares what any member has to say. And if they put up a fuss, they may get a little (or big) taste of banning themselves.

That aside, I will tell you one truth here anyway. You are a SLAVE! If you are on this forum, you are basically a slave to the mods. They can do whatever they want. Because they are your masters. And something no master will ever let any of their slaves do is to speak amongst themselves about their enslavement.
Who is not 'allowing you?

The voices in your head?

You're full of shit.

And if I can leave this forum and never come back I am not a slave. I think you need to look up the word.

This world is poisoned by money. That's the truth the guilty will never speak.

Money philosophies politics, published books, articles, journals, etc... Money has purchased most of the thoughts, laws, ideas, and ways of mankind. What I'm saying is that It's not about truth it's about payment rendered and well received. That shifts the angle and balance in various directions. Alright, chew on that for a bit.

To me, chewing on that is like chewing on water. Also, the world is poisoned by far more than that. Now I will give you some of my own philosophy. Lies are easy. Truth is difficult. In the long run, lies are inconsistent with existence.

Who is not 'allowing you?

The voices in your head?

You're full of shit.

And if I can leave this forum and never come back I am not a slave. I think you need to look up the word.

You are a slave wherever you go. Also, if you think I am full of shit, how about trying this out. Fuck off and stop replying to my threads.

Forum List

Back