Philadelphia man shot over 70 times while on porch of home

Damn!

Philadelphia man shot over 70 times while on porch of home: report

A Philadelphia man who was killed in a shooting Saturday night was struck by about 70 bullets outside a home, according to a local report.

The shooting happened just before midnight in the 3400 block of North 16 Street in the city’s Tioga neighborhood, Philadelphia police said.

Officers responding to a report of a person with a gun found the 25-year-old victim with multiple gunshot wounds to his body. The victim, later identified as Dhalsim Jackson-Mayes, was rushed to Temple University Hospital, where he was pronounced dead, according to police.

The victim suffered more than 70 gunshot wounds while on the front porch of a home, FOX29 Philadelphia reported.

Police said no arrests have been made, and no weapon was recovered at the scene. A motive for the shooting is under investigation.

R.436a1cba5514044b78b139e4547b6f05

RIP.....I’m sure Dhalsim’s contributions to society will be sorely missed.
LOL - leave it to Fox.

Stories at credible news sites claim that 70 shots were fired in the exchange. No one got shot seventy times.

He was pronounced dead at the hospital, 70 gun-shot wounds, seriously? Most people's idea of a gun-shot wound is furnished them by Hollywood, however each bullet removes/destroys tissue, even low powered handgun projectiles destroy tissue to a marginal extant, as opposed to rifles which literally annihilate tissue. All that said, a guy with seventy 9mm hits to his body is not gonna require a pulse check to establish whether he is dead, you're gonna know just by looking at the mess!
What if he was the recipient of 70 rounds from an AK-47? There wouldn't be much left, maybe his shoes.

Not a drive by in my view. I doubt that someone could hit the target that many times without stopping their vehicle.

This was more like when Pacino got murdered in his home in Miami, or James Caan got clipped at the toll booth.

I'd be curious to know how many rounds were expended to get that many hits.....500+?

Hey, maybe they came by boat.

Agreed. Crazy people don't need guns, neither do groups of them (and this sounds like he was shot by more than one person).

But the big question is, how do you figure out who is and who isn't crazy and shouldn't be allowed to have a gun? Remember, the second you start to say certain people shouldn't have guns, you're gonna have the gun rights people screaming at you.
But of course, this is not indicative of a gun problem we have in the nation.

Has anyone offered thoughts and prayers yet?

Prayers up for the man's loved ones. It's sad that crime is up after defunding the police was done or threatened in so many states. The resulting merchandise crimes are putting businesses that people like out of business and those who try to hang on have to dismiss their employees due to having so much loss they can't make payroll. That and inflation results in an unhappy regions and states where crime is increasingly destroying American prosperity, destroying the ability to pay the rent, high food prices, and anger their paychecks are supporting Biden freeloaders who cross the border and are placed in 5 star hotels with 5 star restaurants free of charge while rumors of increased taxes abound. :(

But of course, this is not indicative of a gun problem we have in the nation.

Has anyone offered thoughts and prayers yet?

I'm not sure what this has to do with a "gun problem" at all. Would you have been happier if the assassins stabbed, burned or garrotted this fellow instead? They did see pretty determined to get the job done.

Prayers up for the man's loved ones. It's sad that crime is up after defunding the police was done or threatened in so many states. The resulting merchandise crimes are putting businesses that people like out of business and those who try to hang on have to dismiss their employees due to having so much loss they can't make payroll. That and inflation results in an unhappy regions and states where crime is increasingly destroying American prosperity, destroying the ability to pay the rent, high food prices, and anger their paychecks are supporting Biden freeloaders who cross the border and are placed in 5 star hotels with 5 star restaurants free of charge while rumors of increased taxes abound. :(
Are you on drugs?

Everyone should take an Amtrak along West Philadelphia sometime, you'll see things you didn't know existed in this country, from the safety of a speeding train. You'd only drive through there in an armored vehicle.

A Philadelphia man was struck by about 70 bullets outside a home
Dayam! Must've reloaded about 9 times just to be sure!

The shooting happened just before midnight in the 3400 block of North 16 Street in the city’s Tioga neighborhood, Philadelphia police said.
Nobody heard or saw a thing.

The victim, later identified as Dhalsim Jackson-Mayes, was rushed to Temple University Hospital, where he was pronounced dead
No kidding.

The victim suffered more than 70 gunshot wounds while on the front porch of a home
Must've been a rapper. They all die of gunshots by 30 years old.

Police said no arrests have been made, and no weapon was recovered at the scene. A motive for the shooting is under investigation.
Wonder if any cops slipped and fell on all of the spent casings laying around. My early guess is suicide.

This is really fucked up. Crazy people don't need to have guns.
That sounds less like "crazy" and more like evil. I mean, who the hell stands there and pumps that many rounds into a body? The only worse death like that I've ever heard of was a perp who had killed a sheriff's deputy and his K-9 partner. The guy was cornered in some woods and he took a shot at one of the dozen or so cops who had him trapped. They counted over 120 holes in his body when the autopsy was done.

Forum List

Back