Philadelphia man shot over 70 times while on porch of home

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
Damn!

Philadelphia man shot over 70 times while on porch of home: report

A Philadelphia man who was killed in a shooting Saturday night was struck by about 70 bullets outside a home, according to a local report.

The shooting happened just before midnight in the 3400 block of North 16 Street in the city’s Tioga neighborhood, Philadelphia police said.

Officers responding to a report of a person with a gun found the 25-year-old victim with multiple gunshot wounds to his body. The victim, later identified as Dhalsim Jackson-Mayes, was rushed to Temple University Hospital, where he was pronounced dead, according to police.

The victim suffered more than 70 gunshot wounds while on the front porch of a home, FOX29 Philadelphia reported.

Police said no arrests have been made, and no weapon was recovered at the scene. A motive for the shooting is under investigation.

R.436a1cba5514044b78b139e4547b6f05

RIP.....I’m sure Dhalsim’s contributions to society will be sorely missed.

This is really fucked up. Crazy people don't need to have guns.

Agreed. Crazy people don't need guns, neither do groups of them (and this sounds like he was shot by more than one person).

But the big question is, how do you figure out who is and who isn't crazy and shouldn't be allowed to have a gun? Remember, the second you start to say certain people shouldn't have guns, you're gonna have the gun rights people screaming at you.

25 year old dude with 70 gunshots to his body.

Sounds like a gang drive by to me.

Not a drive by in my view. I doubt that someone could hit the target that many times without stopping their vehicle.

This was more like when Pacino got murdered in his home in Miami, or James Caan got clipped at the toll booth.

Not a drive by in my view. I doubt that someone could hit the target that many times without stopping their vehicle.

This was more like when Pacino got murdered in his home in Miami, or James Caan got clipped at the toll booth.

Actually, you're right. Gangs don't shoot that accurately, and to hit someone 70 times takes at least a little bit of paying attention to your target (which is difficult to do while moving incidentally).

See PP? Even though we fight like cats and dogs most of the time, when you're right or say something I agree with, I will tell you that what you said that I agree with. We don't always have to be at odds.

BTW................I used the term "drive by" because that is the term that most people can understand and identify.

Damn!

A Philadelphia man who was killed in a shooting Saturday night was struck by about 70 bullets outside a home, according to a local report.

The shooting happened just before midnight in the 3400 block of North 16 Street in the city’s Tioga neighborhood, Philadelphia police said.

Officers responding to a report of a person with a gun found the 25-year-old victim with multiple gunshot wounds to his body. The victim, later identified as Dhalsim Jackson-Mayes, was rushed to Temple University Hospital, where he was pronounced dead, according to police.

The victim suffered more than 70 gunshot wounds while on the front porch of a home, FOX29 Philadelphia reported.

Police said no arrests have been made, and no weapon was recovered at the scene. A motive for the shooting is under investigation.

A most effective mechanic.

He was pronounced dead at the hospital, 70 gun-shot wounds, seriously? Most people's idea of a gun-shot wound is furnished them by Hollywood, however each bullet removes/destroys tissue, even low powered handgun projectiles destroy tissue to a marginal extant, as opposed to rifles which literally annihilate tissue. All that said, a guy with seventy 9mm hits to his body is not gonna require a pulse check to establish whether he is dead, you're gonna know just by looking at the mess!

Damn!

I'm suprised they haven't blamed it on a cop yet.

Plus, at some point the kid would collapse and the target becomes far smaller. I stll think it is most likely.a drive by though, many richocheting bullets in close.p quarters too, right? Thst could account for many strikes.

He was pronounced dead at the hospital, 70 gun-shot wounds, seriously? Most people's idea of a gun-shot wound is furnished them by Hollywood, however each bullet removes/destroys tissue, even low powered handgun projectiles destroy tissue to a marginal extant, as opposed to rifles which literally annihilate tissue. All that said, a guy with seventy 9mm hits to his body is not gonna require a pulse check to establish whether he is dead, you're gonna know just by looking at the mess!

To tell you the truth, I'm kinda surprised they decided to take him to the hospital, because it would take a long time to pick up all the pieces after getting hit by that much firepower.

The gentleman was clipped just a couple of city blocks from the hospital, it was easy enough to bring him there and maybe evaluate him for organ donation.

Forum List

Back