Phil Collins

Blaster

Diamond Member
Sep 9, 2022
I've seen Phill Collins in concert with and without Genesis and they all were great. Unfortunately Phil is in bad health and won't be touring anymore.

So many great rock stars have died or have a serious illness. So sad.

Phill Collins hits.jpg

I've seen Phill Collins in concert with and without Genesis and they all were great. Unfortunately Phil is in bad health and won't be touring anymore.

Reminds me of the time I was at a small theater near Philadelphia (the same place they shot the original 'The Blob' movie I think), and I had just missed seeing Keith Emerson's (ELP) and Lee Dorman's (Iron Butterfly) last concert performances.

I can't say I was ever a big Phil or Genesis fan. I have Trick of the Tail and one or two other Genesis' I think; maybe if I play them again after all these years, I will hear them differently, but I just caught Phil doing a classic Genesis tune on TV the other night and was enjoying it and when I saw this thread, I thought: Oh No! Don't tell me he passed away!

Problem is, new people just are not coming in to replace any of this great talent as all the old ones say goodbye.

In another 20-50 years, kids will be asking: What is a Beatle or a Led Zeppelin.

They will be the Tommy Dorseys and Paul Whitemans of their era.

Is he in poor health? That would be a shame

this is all old news.Its been known for years he has had very poor health for several years and stopped touring several years ago because of that if not a decade or more.

My introduction to Genesis was the Duke album. Been a fan ever since and have an extensive collection in vinyl and CD.
My favorite song to play full blast though was Abacab.

I did like a later album they released, We Can't Dance.
They still did a couple ten minute songs in that one too.

Became a huge fan of Peter Gabriel also, and just heard something about a concert coming.

Forum List

Back