Petition to remove Westboro's Tax Exempt Status

I'm having trouble with people equating the first amend with a tax free status. Can anyone explain?

The government should not use the threat of taxation to stifle free speech.

I've often thought that liberals should pay all the taxes in this country since they love taxation so much. That's just me. I'm not the government.

So. apparently, it is you who is equating free speech with tax free status.

Why do churches get special rights?

What special rights? Bash Back has tax free status, are you willing to label them a hate group even though they are gay?

Unfortunately good soldiers have to die to protect their rights.

And no one cared about them until they went after those good soldiers.

The same people that didn't care before then still don't care. It is the idiots that gave them national air time, and started handing them commercial time on radio and TV stations in order to prevent protests, that keep them in business. If you just ignored them they would go away, even Phelps has admitted that.

So...groups like Rolling Thunder were around when the WBC was just protesting gay funerals....eh?

As far as im concerned ALL churches should lose tax exempt ststus when a certain level of income is obtained. Funds for charity should of course still be exempt.

Churches don't even pay property taxes. They don;t have to file any reports of their income like EVERY OTHER CHARITABLE CAUSE.

IMO the tax exempt status of all churches should be revoked with the exception of donations to verifiable charitable causes. Churches are nothing but country clubs and research reports have shown that 90-95% of the money donated goes to the trappings of that church...buildings, supplies, events, choirs, golden chalices, hosts, stained glass windows, artwork, etc.

I wonder what our national deficit would be if donations to churches were not deductible?

I have a suggestion for you when you get into an argument, don't start with a lie. All tax exempt groups, including churches, have to file tax returns with the IRS, and no tax exempt group pays property taxes.

And the response from the White House;

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/response/heres-what-we-have-say-about-westboro-baptist-church

I think they handled the petitions correctly. Until churches as a whole lose their tax-free status, none should be singled out.

Why should churches lose tax exempt status? Are you one of those people that hate the Dalai Lama?

The Dalai Lama has a church? In America?

Did I miss a memo somewhere, or are you just stupid?

And no one cared about them until they went after those good soldiers.

The same people that didn't care before then still don't care. It is the idiots that gave them national air time, and started handing them commercial time on radio and TV stations in order to prevent protests, that keep them in business. If you just ignored them they would go away, even Phelps has admitted that.

So...groups like Rolling Thunder were around when the WBC was just protesting gay funerals....eh?

It wasn't until a bunch of people chose to make Mathew Sheppard the poster boy for gay rights that you even heard of WBC. Now that they are in the news, Rolling Thunder will show up anywhere they plan to protest, even gay funerals.

Any more stupid questions?

The government should not use the threat of taxation to stifle free speech.

I've often thought that liberals should pay all the taxes in this country since they love taxation so much. That's just me. I'm not the government.

So. apparently, it is you who is equating free speech with tax free status.

What special rights? Bash Back has tax free status, are you willing to label them a hate group even though they are gay?

You're ignorance is showing. Non profit groups have special tax status but they still have to file annual reports. which are made public, and they pay prop taxes. Churches are a special subsection of IRS 501 groups, they don;t have to file ANY kind of reports, they don't have to account where their tax free donations come from or go, they don't have to pay one penny of prop taxes on any prop they own, they don't have to pay income taxes or taxes on their investment income.

Do you know who is the biggest and wealthiest corporation in the world? The Roman Catholic Church. Although a few "super churches" and television preachers are giving them a run for their money.

And not one single nickel of anything they take in (including the hundreds of billions in write offs for tax free "donations") ever show up in taxes to pay for schools, roads, fire and police depts or our military.

Last edited:
Meh...nobody gave two shits about Westboro when it was just gays that were their targets.

Damn you dykes never stop bitching "Woe is us". Yep nobody cared about Westboro until they started showing up at military funerals. Get over it snievling Dyke. :cool:

The lawsuits and "perimeter laws" didn't start until they protested soldier funerals. You calling them snivelers?

It wasn't until a bunch of people chose to make Mathew Sheppard the poster boy for gay rights that you even heard of WBC. Now that they are in the news, Rolling Thunder will show up anywhere they plan to protest, even gay funerals.

Rolling Thunder didn't form until Phelps started in on soldiers. We did it without them before that.

fall-walk250x435.jpg

Rolling Thunder didn't form until Phelps started in on soldiers. We did it without them before that.

fall-walk250x435.jpg

well maybe you should of though of getting YOUR OWN biker group together...but I guess that would of been too much trouble so instead you just whine about rolling thunder and how they ONLY care about THE VETS.....well go figure they would they are made up of VETS...AND rolling thunder has been around for a long time...you just didn't care to NOTICE until they started blocking out the Westboro church...

dear gawd, it never stops with you shallow and petty people

Last edited:
The Westboro Baptist church gang are uniformly scumbags and whatever else they may do in terms of actual religion, they also clearly do engage in a massive amount of pure politicking.

It might be opening a can of worms, but frankly, to see them lose their tax exempt status doesn't offend my sense of justice in any way. They did it to themselves.

But if we DO start to examine entities regarding their tax exempt status on a case by case basis, let's hope it is done Apolitically by the partisan goobers in the IRS who singled out conservatives and tea-party groups.

Take on some of the lolberal entities who presently enjoy their unjustified and unjustifiable tax exempt status, too.

Last edited:

You're ignorance is showing. Non profit groups have special tax status but they still have to file annual reports. which are made public, and they pay prop taxes. Churches are a special subsection of IRS 501 groups, they don;t have to file ANY kind of reports, they don't have to account where their tax free donations come from or go, they don't have to pay one penny of prop taxes on any prop they own, they don't have to pay income taxes or taxes on their investment income.

Do you know who is the biggest and wealthiest corporation in the world? The Roman Catholic Church. Although a few "super churches" and television preachers are giving them a run for their money.

And not one single nickel of anything they take in (including the hundreds of billions in write offs for tax free "donations") ever show up in taxes to pay for schools, roads, fire and police depts or our military.

Still lying even though I called you on it.

Annual Exempt Organization Return: Who Must File

Do you know I don't think corporations are evil incarnate? Are you aware that my money is my money, and I don't care if other people have more money than I do?

Last edited:
Meh...nobody gave two shits about Westboro when it was just gays that were their targets.

Damn you dykes never stop bitching "Woe is us". Yep nobody cared about Westboro until they started showing up at military funerals. Get over it snievling Dyke. :cool:

The lawsuits and "perimeter laws" didn't start until they protested soldier funerals. You calling them snivelers?

The lawsuits started within weeks of their existence, and Kansas wrote multiple laws specifically aimed at prevent them from protesting long before they even thought of protesting a military funeral.

Last edited:

fall-walk250x435.jpg

Funny, I don't recall saying anything else. Does you personal need to revise everything you say extend to everyone, or just the people that prove you wrong?

Still lying even though I called you on it.

Annual Exempt Organization Return: Who Must File

Do you know I don't think corporations are evil incarnate? Are you aware that my money is my money, and I don't care if other people have more money than I do?

Dont worry, al-fail-fa will move the goal posts again.

The lawsuits started within weeks of their existence, and Kansas wrote multiple laws specifically aimed at prevent them from protesting long before they even thought of protesting a military funeral.

Homosexuality is all about pretend.

Proof? Links?

Homosexuality is all about pretend.

Only when you stay in the closet and pretend to be straight.

As far as im concerned ALL churches should lose tax exempt ststus when a certain level of income is obtained. Funds for charity should of course still be exempt.

I'd add colleges and universities with huge endowments to that list as well.

Forum List

Back