Petition to Re-name the Race Releations Forum

Should We Re-name the Race Relations Forum to Race Relations & Race Realism Forum?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
While there are racists, only a fool would think there are also not race-baiters and hypocrites on this issue. Racism itself is not solely from one group of people, either; some within minority groups can be quite racist as well. Only when we point out the true racists within our midst will we be better off for it. On the race-baiting tangent, there are also some who strive to make everything about race, even to the point of paranoia and delusion, and should be responded to with a critical mind. Similarly, some think race has absolutely zero biological basis at all, while others think race accounts for every mean difference within groups of people. I tend to think a group's average behaviors [exceptions noted] is based more on societal, economic, and behavioral influences. Both the Right and the Left have their own agendas and biases regarding the topic of Race. Ain't that the truth.

Some really are racist, while others just want to drum, drum, drum it up.

As we move close to a situation where the conversation on race becomes harder to ignore, we should make an effort to de-stigmatise a topic that has been allowed to grow into such a taboo by virtue of the term spitefully appied to anyone who raises the subject of racial incompatibility and the detriment it often has on modern society. As such, I think that it would be a good idea if we, too, evolved with the times and re-named the "Race Relations/Racism" forum the Race Relations & Race Realism Forum so as to break down barriers amongst ourselves in anticipation of a much more intense debate on the subject if and when things really come to a head.

Please, feel free to add you own, grown-up, suggestions for the re-branding

Dear Swagger
I think Race Relations is a more clear term.
It focuses on the Relations which is they key to overcoming any other issues causing obstruction or division.

Also, does it matter if someone is being realistic or not.
If they are projecting and that is where they are, that is just the stage of the process
they are going through.

If they are not ready for the reality of what it takes to really reconcile,
work through issues and heal of these so people can work together constructively,
that is part of reality.

I think that goes without saying!

I would keep the focus on RELATIONS.
Then whatever that entails is included.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back