No Work and Employment Board??

fbj

Gold Member
Jul 10, 2014
To discuss job searching and employment situations. Discussions would cover all the areas below

1. Resume advice
2. Cover letter advice
3. Interview advice
4. Coworker rants
5. Supervisor rants
6. How to ask for a raise
7. Promotions
8. Being fired

To discuss job searching and employment situations. Discussions would cover all the areas below
1. Resume advice
2. Cover letter advice
3. Interview advice
4. Coworker rants
5. Supervisor rants
7. Promotions
8. Being fired

Sounds like fun! JoeB131 could serve as usmb in-house expert for:

1. Resume advice
2. Cover letter advice

maybe...
3. Interview advice
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
4. Coworker rants
5. Supervisor rants

^^^ may be tricky^^^
and could end up the down below
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
simple
7. Promotions
Do you mean usmb members announcing their promotion's?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
8. Being fired
Now this one could be the most daunting of all subtopics listed.

How about adding...
9. Employment opportunities

1. Resume advice
2. Cover letter advice
3. Interview advice
4. Coworker rants
5. Supervisor rants
7. Promotions
8. Being fired

1. Resume advice
2. Cover letter advice

maybe...
3. Interview advice
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
4. Coworker rants
5. Supervisor rants

^^^ may be tricky^^^
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
simple
7. Promotions
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
8. Being fired

How about adding...

Promotions at people's jobs

1. Resume advice
2. Cover letter advice
3. Interview advice
4. Coworker rants
5. Supervisor rants
7. Promotions
8. Being fired

1. Resume advice
2. Cover letter advice

maybe...
3. Interview advice
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
4. Coworker rants
5. Supervisor rants

^^^ may be tricky^^^
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
simple
7. Promotions
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
8. Being fired

How about adding...

Thanks for clarifying!

What do you think about this one?

1. Resume advice
2. Cover letter advice
3. Interview advice
4. Coworker rants
5. Supervisor rants
7. Promotions
8. Being fired

1. Resume advice
2. Cover letter advice

maybe...
3. Interview advice
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
4. Coworker rants
5. Supervisor rants

^^^ may be tricky^^^
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
simple
7. Promotions
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
8. Being fired

How about adding...

Thanks for clarifying!

What do you mean by employment opportunities?

1. Resume advice
2. Cover letter advice
3. Interview advice
4. Coworker rants
5. Supervisor rants
7. Promotions
8. Being fired

1. Resume advice
2. Cover letter advice

maybe...
3. Interview advice
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
4. Coworker rants
5. Supervisor rants

^^^ may be tricky^^^
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
simple
7. Promotions
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
8. Being fired

How about adding...

Thanks for clarifying!

What do you mean by employment opportunities?

Job openings.

This is my first time back to USMB in quite a while. I'm pleased to see that there are finally some moderation guidelines in place that have diminished on the barrage of abusive posting by what appeared to be an army of incarcerated convicts who formerly infested these forums.

Looking over the revised list of forums, I was a little disappointed to notice that there was not, in fact, a forum devoted to discussing Employment-related issues, especially since work opportunities, minimum wage, and unions are at the top of the list of issues that voters would like their candidates to address.

Then I found this thread. Great minds think alike?

I really like MeBelle's suggestion for #9. Employment Opportunities.

Other work-related issues:

10. Is this legal? What should I do?
-- For instance, earning less than minimum wage, being asked personal questions in a job interview, or being sexually harassed. This would be a great place for people to share their experiences or expertise.

11. Job markets -- Choosing a new career? Having trouble finding a job in your current field? What's going on in various job markets? And how are government actions influencing the job market in your field? (For instance, the H1-B temporary visa program was greatly expanded in 2001, 2002, and 2003, which virtually eliminated entry-level opportunities in the STEM fields -- science, technology, engineering, and math -- for US graduates until 2010.)

-- Paravani

This is my first time back to USMB in quite a while. I'm pleased to see that there are finally some moderation guidelines in place that have diminished on the barrage of abusive posting by what appeared to be an army of incarcerated convicts who formerly infested these forums.

Looking over the revised list of forums, I was a little disappointed to notice that there was not, in fact, a forum devoted to discussing Employment-related issues, especially since work opportunities, minimum wage, and unions are at the top of the list of issues that voters would like their candidates to address.

-- For instance, earning less than minimum wage, being asked personal questions in a job interview, or being sexually harassed. This would be a great place for people to share their experiences or expertise.

11. Job markets -- Choosing a new career? Having trouble finding a job in your current field? What's going on in various job markets? And how are government actions influencing the job market in your field? (For instance, the H1-B temporary visa program was greatly expanded in 2001, 2002, and 2003, which virtually eliminated entry-level opportunities in the STEM fields -- science, technology, engineering, and math -- for US graduates until 2010.)

-- Paravani

I hope to see a forum geared toward Employment Search and Issues one day

-- Paravani

I think you owe me a lasagna recipe! :)

Ya'll do know there's a whole big internet out there...... right? Have any of you tried Google, just look up Employment, you'd be amazed at what you might find......... McDonalds, Burger King, Motel 6.......... :eusa_whistle:

Ya'll do know there's a whole big internet out there...... right? Have any of you tried Google, just look up Employment, you'd be amazed at what you might find......... McDonalds, Burger King, Motel 6.......... :eusa_whistle:

Why do you have talk so fucking stupid? What's wrong Job Search Advice on this forum?

Why do you have talk so fucking stupid? What's wrong Job Search Advice on this forum?
The only way you would know stupid is if you looked in a mirror, everyone else here sees it, too bad you can't. Don't be so fucking lazy ya pathetic looser, there's no need for job search advice on any political messageboard, there are literally thousands of sites at your fingertips.

The only way you would know stupid is if you looked in a mirror, everyone else here sees it, too bad you can't. Don't be so fucking lazy ya pathetic looser, there's no need for job search advice on any political messageboard, there are literally thousands of sites at your fingertips.

Well why is it other sections like health and sports and cars and computers???????????????????????????

Well why is it other sections like health and sports and cars and computers???????????????????????????
Health is nothing but another political mud wrestling pit as for the others........ Here's a clue....... They're h-o-b-b-i-e-s.........

Forum List

Back