Pete Buttigieg Twists Christianity: ‘Salvation’ Depends on Being ‘Useful.’

Again................it kinda sounds like a lot of the Christians on here who are bitching about Mayor Pete forgot the part of their book that says "faith without works is dead". So yeah, I can understand why he said that his faith requires him to be useful to other people who don't have the advantages that others have.
Teaching into other people’s pockets is theft, not being useful.

Here's some more cool shit Jesus said:

Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye;
and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

stormy-daniels-trump.jpg
Trump isn’t preaching bullshit Bible lessons, shitforbrains.
Trump So Passionate on Bible Literacy That He Wants It Taught in Public Schools

Of course, all the parts which describe him to a T would be redacted.
AND?

Again, Trump isn’t giving bullshit Bible lessons, shitforbrains.

Here's some more cool shit Jesus said:

Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye;
and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

stormy-daniels-trump.jpg
Trump isn’t preaching bullshit Bible lessons, shitforbrains.

Sure he is. "Suffer the little children to come unto me, for I own this here beauty pageant and they are naked, hubba hubba".

Last edited:
Again................it kinda sounds like a lot of the Christians on here who are bitching about Mayor Pete forgot the part of their book that says "faith without works is dead". So yeah, I can understand why he said that his faith requires him to be useful to other people who don't have the advantages that others have.

Spell check your posts, because "teaching" isn't the same as "reaching". And, nowhere did he say that he wanted people's money. He said that his faith requires him to be useful by helping out people less fortunate than him.

Honestly, as a conservative, Pete May be the least objectionable democratic candidate. I didn’t get a chance to watch the last debate, but I read or heard (can’t remember which) that most of the candidates are backing off the Medicare for all idea, so the swing towards the middle has begun.
I agree. I have no plan on voting for Trump or whatever Democrat is the nominee, but I prefer Boot Edge Edge over all the senior citizens in the race, Republican and Democrat.

Not because he is younger, but because he seems the most level-headed and not prone to wild swings of emotion like the current occupant and Sanders, Warren, and Biden.

I don't like his policies, but if I had a gun to my head and was asked who was the least threat to the future of America and my choices were Trump, Warren, and Buttigieg, I'd have to go with the mayor.

So you’re going to cast your vote into the waste heap by not picking between a douche bag and a turd sandwich. I don’t understand that.

He's no less a Christian than the rich evangelicals who have turned the Bible I to something opposite of what Jesus preached to make their almighty $. The $ is their God.

He didn't say anything about "Christianity", shitforbrains. He said "my faith".

What a fucking dumbass. If I ran a headline saying "Bridge For Sale" would you pull your wallet out?
He says he’s a Christian, ignoramus.

He says "MY FAITH", dickwad. There's no way around that. It's on TAPE.
He even pauses for a beat to let the phrase sink in. Yet there you are going :lalala:

What do you do, trawl around the internet looking for fake headlines where you can go "here's my nose, lead me astray because I won't bother to read the article or watch the video"?

It’s common knowledge he is Episcopalian, you fucking idiot.

Pete Buttigieg: How 2020 Democratic hopeful found God - CNNPolitics

What a fucking dumbass. If I ran a headline saying "Bridge For Sale" would you pull your wallet out?

He even pauses for a beat to let the phrase sink in. Yet there you are going :lalala:

What do you do, trawl around the internet looking for fake headlines where you can go "here's my nose, lead me astray because I won't bother to read the article or watch the video"?

Get a clue...dumbass. Or try something that resembles research.

Pete Buttigieg’s Very Public Faith Is Challenging Assumptions

RUN THE VIDEO IN THE OP, IDIOTS.

At the 0:35 mark he says WHAT?

Oh, you didn't bother to vet the headline eh? Just leaned back and swallowed whole because you believe everything on the internets, is that it?

Fucking morons...
I can call it my faith AND be a Christian.
lord you are a dumbass.

Sure you can. But you can't be said to have invoked "Christianity" when what you actually said was "my faith".

This ain't rocket surgery here. "Christianity" and "my faith" do not equal each other. The first is a broad concept; the second is personal and singular.

Honestly, as a conservative, Pete May be the least objectionable democratic candidate. I didn’t get a chance to watch the last debate, but I read or heard (can’t remember which) that most of the candidates are backing off the Medicare for all idea, so the swing towards the middle has begun.
I agree. I have no plan on voting for Trump or whatever Democrat is the nominee, but I prefer Boot Edge Edge over all the senior citizens in the race, Republican and Democrat.

Not because he is younger, but because he seems the most level-headed and not prone to wild swings of emotion like the current occupant and Sanders, Warren, and Biden.

I don't like his policies, but if I had a gun to my head and was asked who was the least threat to the future of America and my choices were Trump, Warren, and Buttigieg, I'd have to go with the mayor.

So you’re going to cast your vote into the waste heap by not picking between a douche bag and a turd sandwich. I don’t understand that.
When you cast your vote, you are telling that person, "Keep doing what you are doing!"

No fricking way I am telling Trump or a Democrat that.

More theology lessons from a God hater.

Every time you ask the Left to demonstrate their usefulness to others, it's under the banner of some government redistribution program, transparently used to buy votes from the most needy.

Leftists are only incredibly charitable with other people's money.

Pete Buttigieg Twists Christianity: 'Salvation' Depends on Being 'Useful'

I am sorry to be the one to tell Pete Queerboy but Christianity isn't deeds based.
James 2:14-26.

I care about this because my faith teaches me that salvation has to do with how I make myself useful to those who have been excluded, marginalized, and cast aside and oppressed in society."

I believe Pete is too much of a corporatist for my tastes but note, he is talking about himself. That is what he believes his salvation requires of him. It's not my place to question what has been placed on him.

Indeed, he even prefaced the whole passage with "let me tell you what's in my heart".

Pretty sure the pronoun my is a singular.

Christianity is based on focusing ones life on helping the poor and lesser among us. It isn't about being wealthy.

Every time you ask the Left to demonstrate their usefulness to others, it's under the banner of some government redistribution program, transparently used to buy votes from the most needy.

I am sorry to be the one to tell Pete Queerboy but Christianity isn't deeds based.
Oh goody, yet another Bible lesson from a God hater.

Spell check your posts, because "teaching" isn't the same as "reaching". And, nowhere did he say that he wanted people's money. He said that his faith requires him to be useful by helping out people less fortunate than him.
Thanks for validating you know nothing about the Bible. There’s like 6 scriptures that say we are NOT saved by works. Works are a byproduct of faith only. The man on the cross next to Jesus became a believer in his last minutes hanging on the cross. Yet bingo, without physically doing anything he went to paradise.

What faith does Petey say he belongs to?

I was under the impression he says he is a Christian

You need to pay attention in church because you are confused. Christians believe that Faith and Grace are the key to salvation, not deeds.

If you believe that deeds will get you to heaven then you should be a Mormon.

For God loved the world so much that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him may not die but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to be its judge, but to be its savior. (John 3:14-17)

Also

For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith--and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God--(Ephesians 2:8]

Now if you are a good Christian you will try to do good deeds but like all humans you will fall short and you will be in need of God's Grace.

You can vote for all the filthy Democrats you want that will tax away all your money to give to the Illegals, welfare queens and Obama's Muslim buddies but that won't get you into heaven.

As a practicing lifelong Christian I don't quite know what Bible version you guys Subscribe to. Jesus would not approve of either party whatsoever. Facts are facts.

You need to pay attention in church because you are confused. Christians believe that Faith and Grace are the key to salvation, not deeds.

If you believe that deeds will get you to heaven then you should be a Mormon.

For God loved the world so much that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him may not die but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to be its judge, but to be its savior. (John 3:14-17)

Also

For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith--and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God--(Ephesians 2:8]

Now if you are a good Christian you will try to do good deeds but like all humans you will fall short and you will be in need of God's Grace.

You can vote for all the filthy Democrats you want that will tax away all your money to give to the Illegals, welfare queens and Obama's Muslim buddies but that won't get you into heaven.

TL;DR and all irrelevant anyway. This thread has a bullshit title. Buttigieg said nothing about "what Christianism believes". He said, and again I quote, "My faith". Once again, "my" is a singular.

I don't pay attention when queers preach the Bible.

I noted this before and will again. He is not preaching the Bible. He is speaking about his own faith and what he believes it requires of him.

Forum List

Back