Pet Deaths

I really didn't like our now 15 year old dog until we moved to the city in double-ought nine.

In the country, he had free-roam and was a fairly wild Chow-mix-mutt. Now he's a fairly tame Chow-mix-mutt LOL.

I sort of felt sorry for him when we moved because he's on a leash whenever we walk him. He's going deaf and blind at this point. He bit the neighbor last year (I think I posted about that).

Long story longer... part of me can't wait until he dies. It's really expensive buying top-shelf food, arthritis tablets, pill pockets, etc. Same for the cat.

My priority is keeping the daughter in college, not maintaining aging pets. Yeah, it's that tight around here.

Oh- get this. I called the local Dog Club last year when he bit the neighbor. This bitch told me that we should immediately put the dog down, and go out and get another. That was some weird shit.
When Mr Gracie brought Gracie home...I didn't bond with her. Kind of a long story, but I'll try to make it short.
Gracie was 17 weeks old. I had two roomies (love male partners) and one was dying of Aids. He saw Gracie and fell in love with her as soon as hubby walked in the door with her. Gracie was shy, didn't like being petted on the head. I think whomever had her used to hit her on the head which is why she groveled if someone touched her there. The dying roomie wanted to cuddle her immediately, so I let him do it. And knew she was not meant for me. She was his. So I gave her to him. He named her Gracie. She would hang out with me most of the time cuz he was so sick and bedridden, and I gave her space. I also put walls up around my heart. She was not mine. She just lived in the same house.
He had to eventually go to a medical facility where he could be taken care of better, and he asked if I would take care of Gracie. I said of course I would. And I kept my walls up. For about a year I did. Then one day...that wall broke down. I don't know why. I just let it be free and she and I were mother and daughter. Then at 7 years old, she had a seizure. I freaked. I begged God to give whatever she had to me. I could take it. Make her well. A week later I found the breast cancer lump. Gracie was on drugs to stop the seizures, which worked. Until a year later, when they started up again, non stop. I took her to the vet, not knowing that would be her last trip. It was not epilepsy after all. It was a brain tumor. She was put down right then and there. I think I was in a daze.
Still am.
Point is......I let her in my heart, and I was in hers. And she is gone. I took what I could that was hurting her..but it was not enough. She died anyway. At my hand because I could not handle her suffering.

Her death has affected everyone in this house. Espeically me. Maybe if the yard and her lounge chair and her tennis balls still laying where she last dropped them were gone, I could....stop grieving. But I won't move those balls. I will not sell the lounge chair. She is still here. In my heart. And I would have died in her place if given the choice. It will be two years this August since Gracie went over rainbow bridge.
Omg Gracie :crybaby:

Your dog is lucky that she had you while she was here! Bless the both of you! I'm off now; after hearing your story, I think I'm going to go hug my dog for the rest of time! :crybaby:

I really didn't like our now 15 year old dog until we moved to the city in double-ought nine.

In the country, he had free-roam and was a fairly wild Chow-mix-mutt. Now he's a fairly tame Chow-mix-mutt LOL.

I sort of felt sorry for him when we moved because he's on a leash whenever we walk him. He's going deaf and blind at this point. He bit the neighbor last year (I think I posted about that).

Long story longer... part of me can't wait until he dies. It's really expensive buying top-shelf food, arthritis tablets, pill pockets, etc. Same for the cat.

My priority is keeping the daughter in college, not maintaining aging pets. Yeah, it's that tight around here.

Oh- get this. I called the local Dog Club last year when he bit the neighbor. This bitch told me that we should immediately put the dog down, and go out and get another. That was some weird shit.
When Mr Gracie brought Gracie home...I didn't bond with her. Kind of a long story, but I'll try to make it short.
Gracie was 17 weeks old. I had two roomies (love male partners) and one was dying of Aids. He saw Gracie and fell in love with her as soon as hubby walked in the door with her. Gracie was shy, didn't like being petted on the head. I think whomever had her used to hit her on the head which is why she groveled if someone touched her there. The dying roomie wanted to cuddle her immediately, so I let him do it. And knew she was not meant for me. She was his. So I gave her to him. He named her Gracie. She would hang out with me most of the time cuz he was so sick and bedridden, and I gave her space. I also put walls up around my heart. She was not mine. She just lived in the same house.
He had to eventually go to a medical facility where he could be taken care of better, and he asked if I would take care of Gracie. I said of course I would. And I kept my walls up. For about a year I did. Then one day...that wall broke down. I don't know why. I just let it be free and she and I were mother and daughter. Then at 7 years old, she had a seizure. I freaked. I begged God to give whatever she had to me. I could take it. Make her well. A week later I found the breast cancer lump. Gracie was on drugs to stop the seizures, which worked. Until a year later, when they started up again, non stop. I took her to the vet, not knowing that would be her last trip. It was not epilepsy after all. It was a brain tumor. She was put down right then and there. I think I was in a daze.
Still am.
Point is......I let her in my heart, and I was in hers. And she is gone. I took what I could that was hurting her..but it was not enough. She died anyway. At my hand because I could not handle her suffering.

Her death has affected everyone in this house. Espeically me. Maybe if the yard and her lounge chair and her tennis balls still laying where she last dropped them were gone, I could....stop grieving. But I won't move those balls. I will not sell the lounge chair. She is still here. In my heart. And I would have died in her place if given the choice. It will be two years this August since Gracie went over rainbow bridge.

Your dog is lucky that she had you while she was here! Bless the both of you! I'm off now; after hearing your story, I think I'm going to go hug my dog for the rest of time! :crybaby:
I know. I depressed myself, too.

Which proves that I am not alone in love for a pet. Family, yes. Fur family, yes.

Mr H.....I don't have a lot, hon. But if it comes to feeding your family and pet meds for your FUR family....I can and would paypal you some funds to help. I would be glad to. Never think you are alone. You aren't. None of you are. When I needed help with Gracie....friends helped me. Heck, even the pharmacy helped. Most meds needed for dogs CAN be bought cheaper thru your pharmacy instead of the vet pharmacy. Gracie's seconals (spelling) were a horrid price at the vets...but at Ralpsh Pharmacy, they were HALF PRICE. And the pharmacist said if I was ever short, he would cover the difference himself. I can pay that forward, sweety. Just holler via pm if you ever EVER need that help.

Still am.

Which proves that I am not alone in love for a pet. Family, yes. Fur family, yes.

Mr H.....I don't have a lot, hon. But if it comes to feeding your family and pet meds for your FUR family....I can and would paypal you some funds to help. I would be glad to. Never think you are alone. You aren't. None of you are. When I needed help with Gracie....friends helped me. Heck, even the pharmacy helped. Most meds needed for dogs CAN be bought cheaper thru your pharmacy instead of the vet pharmacy. Gracie's seconals (spelling) were a horrid price at the vets...but at Ralpsh Pharmacy, they were HALF PRICE. And the pharmacist said if I was ever short, he would cover the difference himself. I can pay that forward, sweety. Just holler via pm if you ever EVER need that help.
OMG no stranger has ever offered me as much. Thanks ma'am. We're ok for now. Wife takes that stuff out of her paycheck. But, more out of her paycheck is less out of household. We'll figure it out. It's a delicate balancing act here.
I think we're a ways from discovering our limit. But that day will come eventually.

Still am.

OMG no stranger has ever offered me as much. Thanks ma'am. We're ok for now. Wife takes that stuff out of her paycheck. But, more out of her paycheck is less out of household. We'll figure it out. It's a delicate balancing act here.
I think we're a ways from discovering our limit. But that day will come eventually.
I have a roof. I have food. I have roomies. I have gas in my car. My pets are well. Our bills are paid. I get my SS now, which isn't much, but if you need meds for the dog that won't take out of the family budget...holler. I mean it. :)

Still am.

I have a roof. I have food. I have roomies. I have gas in my car. My pets are well. Our bills are paid. I get my SS now, which isn't much, but if you need meds for the dog that won't take out of the family budget...holler. I mean it. :)
I wuv woo.

Just to make you feel better.......

I used to send stuff to folks at an old board I hung out at. Actually, my old board I owned. Crystals for those who wanted them for chakra stuff, anything boy scout affiliated for a collector of such things, books to someone who loved to read, care packages, etc. We even had an ebay auction sale for a gal to help her keep her house becuase she was behind on payments. We listed a bunch of stuff....all proceeds to go to the mortgage. We did it, too!
Once upon a time, the net was kinder.
Anyway..I am a sucker for animals. If you need help with the furkid.....tell Aunty Gracie...the crazy dog/cat lady. :)

Still am.

I wuv woo.
I wuv you too. :smiliehug:

I wuv woo.
I wuv you too. :smiliehug:
Awww... please permit me to give you a Brotch-tap. It's my first ever.

Consider it a Smite-light. :slap:

Just because. :thup:

Keepin' it real. :thup:

This is the Lounge. If you wanna laugh at someone's sorrow over the death of a pet, don't do it here. Take it to the FZ where they get off on the jollies of it.

The topic is the death of a pet or pets. It is not the same as the death of a child or a spouse or a parent. There are many kinds of love..and loss. So my question is..who here feels great pain or sorrow when their pet dies? And how do you handle it when someone says "it's just a dog/cat/bird/etc....get over it, then go get another one" when you decide to share that loss with people online or in real life?

Me and my ex had a dog we got from a pet adoption place as a puppy. She was our fucking kid.

She got cancer at age four. It was n-stage when it was diagnosed and by then she was in so much pain we had to put her down.

Hardest fucking thing I've ever had to do in my life.

People who mock folks who have lost critter-kids are fucking scum.

We love our critter kids, don't we?
When these two go...no more for me. I'll be in my 70's by then. Too old for the heartbreak, and I'd worry about the furkid if something happened to me.

:smiliehug:

My dog died on October 20th, 2014 and not a day passes without me thinking of my sweet Klia.

About 2 weeks ago, in the middle of vacation with Miss Statalina, we found a half-chewed dog bone that I missed, it was behind a big box with some supplies in it.

It was a tearful moment for both of us.

Never had a dog quite like this one. Sigh.

Forum List

Back