Pervert fears cast doubt on plans to lower voting age

They could vote on a bedtime or whether they have to eat brussel sprouts or not or......

You don't blame the tool whether it is guns, Tv or the internet you blame the individual who misused the tool.

As far as I'm concerned you don't get a vote til you start paying all your own bills by the sweat of your brow. Until then you haven't the necessary life experiences to make an informed decision.

As far as I'm concerned you don't get a vote til you start paying all your own bills by the sweat of your brow.

If that were the rule, you'd have some people eligible to vote at 16 and earlier. (Shirley Temple paid her own way) and then some other people not able to vote till past 30 when their parents finally boot them out of the house.

qand your problem with that would be?

gosh i don't know, the auto workers about to be laid off would be without a vote.

in other news...looks like its time for a visit to wine country...

Everything about this thread is just so wrong. The whole concept of kids as consenting adults...it's all about sexualizing children and it makes me ill that idiots like Ravi just don't get it.

Apparently you've never worked with kids who have been molested, Ravi. I suggest you get to your nearest adolescent treatment center pronto and put some time in. Wake the fuck up.

UH sorry they've been paying there way genius. Once you've had the first job and paid your own rent and bills what happens afterwards is moot until then you simply don't have the requisite experience of reality to be voting for anything or anyone other than maybe class president.

Er..Ravi, you're the one who said the age of consent and the voting age should be the same.

Er..Ravi, you're the one who said the age of consent and the voting age should be the same.
No, I said it is stupid when the age of consent is already sixteen (in Scotland) to not allow them to vote. Isn't deciding to have sex the ultimate maturity test to a winger after all?

I find that most 18 year olds are clueless as to issues and candidates. Lowering the age to 16 or 17? 16 and 17 year olds are barely out of childhood and will likely follow their peers or parents in voting, rather than researching issues and such, IMHO. I think 16 is too young to drive too but I'm guessing that's just me. I felt that way when i was 16 and we made our daughter wait until she was 17 to get her permit and she was 3 months shy of her 18th birthday before she got her license. Still didnt' stop her from having a fender bender in my car on her 1 month license anniversary! :rolleyes:

How come they consider age 11 as 'adult' when it comes to paying admission to get into the movies when for everything else it's 16 and up? Money hungry Hollywood.

Did you actually understand the article?

Here is the crux of the issue:

But now experts say the move could mean the names and dates of birth of people as young as 14 appearing on the electoral register and they warn that would raise child protection issues.

This means that their name, date of birth, and address would be a matter of public record, and that searching for private information about a juvenile in the 14-16 year old age group would become much easier.

It's a PRIVACY issue relating to age and family concerns.

For the record, though, I don't believe that 16 year olds should have the right to vote, though I do support lowering the drinking age in the U.S. to 18.

Last edited:
No, I said it is stupid when the age of consent is already sixteen (in Scotland) to not allow them to vote. Isn't deciding to have sex the ultimate maturity test to a winger after all?

see, ravi.. Comments like that are the reasons you wear the "im a stupid bitch" t shirt around here.

:rofl:

see, ravi.. Comments like that are the reasons you wear the "im a stupid bitch" t shirt around here.

:rofl:
It is your litmus test and Allie's as well. Maybe one day you will be ready to have an adult relationship yourself, but I have my doubts.

It is your litmus test and Allie's as well. Maybe one day you will be ready to have an adult relationship yourself, but I have my doubts.

you don't know a goddamn thing about ANYONES "litmus" test for adulthood, stupid. For real.. go kick that bucket of fried chicken's ass because you are FAILING in this thread. As for relationships? I don't take lessons from trashy bitches whose ideal of foreplay is trying to fake brush her teeth with a shot of scope while keeping the "wet spot" flour handy, thanks.

you don't know a goddamn thing about ANYONES "litmus" test for adulthood, stupid. For real.. go kick that bucket of fried chicken's ass because you are FAILING in this thread. As for relationships? I don't take lessons from trashy bitches whose ideal of foreplay is trying to fake brush her teeth with a shot of scope while keeping the "wet spot" flour handy, thanks.

i take it you prefer to bring your own flour?

how continental of you.

Forum List

Back