Pervert fears cast doubt on plans to lower voting age

run out of breath before you could finish typing that word?

good grief, ravi.. typing is not like taking the stairs or anything!

Diving into your third Bucket already, Ravi? Eat another donut, fat girl.
dude, seriously
i think Ravi is a moron, but thats based on what she types
what does her size(or lack there of) have to do with what she said?

This is hilarious. The Irony of Robert telling someone else they are to young and have not got "life experience" yet, is just to good to pass with out pointing it out.

You fail to point out that I never stated that youths should have the right to vote, own guns, or many of the things that Agna wants to put into the hands of a mostly irresponsible age group.

hey, never mind, clearly the moron enjoys your attacks
be my guest

ya THINK? watch her follow me around as if I were an Ice Cream truck rolling through a kid infested neighborhood on a hot summer day.

hey, never mind, clearly the moron enjoys your attacks
be my guest
lol, soggy's little whine fests don't bother me. I can't believe you missed the irony in your "defense" or the joke in my reply.

Damn, dcon, you're starting to make RGS look intelligent.

Hell, I wish I could say that I've never encountered such asinine idiocy, but unfortunately, that's not the case.

Regardless...:cuckoo:

It's asinine not to give the 16yr old the vote? Or asinine to be mindful of their privacy for safety:eusa_shhh: reasons?

Yeah, 16yrs getting the vote, real big issue.

Catzmeow said:
Did you actually understand the article?

He didn't care. What he cared about was advocating the idea again that kids are adults before they really are to satisfy his little agenda, apparently? He doesn't let off this kids-should-be-fair-game-as-adults thing. Really~Whatta drag, Agna, to come back and find you doing the same shit every time, it is annoying.

And btw, your b/b code, I just didn't know it was called that, it's rather obvious stuff, though, man, for having preened yourself so quickly for knowing it. Thanks just the same, I was just surprised to see it was what was already all over the board and pretty spelled out. ~Kinda disappointed...

Last edited:
As far as I'm concerned you don't get a vote til you start paying all your own bills by the sweat of your brow. Until then you haven't the necessary life experiences to make an informed decision.

The problem with that is that it's nearly impossible for anyone under 18 to do that. Minimum wage and less than a 40 hour work week make it so that most people under 18 couldn't pay their own way if they wanted to.

Now, if it were actually possible then I think you'd have a fairly valid point though I can still think of some exceptional cases where you might want to bend the rules.

For me, I struggle to make my own way and I do vote so yay for me. But if I could have paid my own way at 16 I would have. What Agna is suggesting isn't that "kids" be given the vote without the responsibility, but rather that people under 18 be given the same opportunity as those over. If I would have been allowed to be a stripper at 16 I probably would have done it, and it would have made paying my own way a lot easier. I'd probably have the money I need for college right now too. But that's not how things work, I wasn't allowed to have a job or work enough hours at a job to make paying my own way feasible. So even though I was more than willing to earn my keep and take the benefits (voting) of my responsibility I wasn't allowed to. It's "kids" being kept artificially kids that Agna is opposed to.

And before you take exception with my stripper comment, let me remind you that I did far more with my friends than any stripper does on the stage. It's not like not being a stripper sheltered me from the big bad world.

Did you actually understand the article?

Here is the crux of the issue:

But now experts say the move could mean the names and dates of birth of people as young as 14 appearing on the electoral register and they warn that would raise child protection issues.

This means that their name, date of birth, and address would be a matter of public record, and that searching for private information about a juvenile in the 14-16 year old age group would become much easier.

It's a PRIVACY issue relating to age and family concerns.

For the record, though, I don't believe that 16 year olds should have the right to vote, though I do support lowering the drinking age in the U.S. to 18.

I understood the article. What I didn't anticipate is that any poster would have been indoctrinated thoroughly enough to be unable to recognize such idiocy.

It's asinine not to give the 16yr old the vote? Or asinine to be mindful of their privacy for safety:eusa_shhh: reasons?

Yeah, 16yrs getting the vote, real big issue.

Now, now, ratty. Shouldn't you be spending your time stripping women of the right to vote to prevent them from being raped? Why would you support the pro-rape sentiments of Elizabeth Cady Stanton and Susan B. Anthony? RAPE! RAPE! RAPE! :mad:

Amendment XXVI

(Ratified July 1, 1971)

The right of citizens of the United States, who are eighteen years of age or older, to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of age. Congress shall have the power to enforce this law through appropriate legislation.

Additional amendments to the United States Constitution - Wikisource

in local elections, sure, but not national.

Her meaning was that no minimum age limit was set by the Twenty-Sixth Amendment. It sets no minimum voting age; it merely stipulates that no age above 18 can be set by any state.

Minimum wage and less than a 40 hour work week make it so that most people under 18 couldn't pay their own way if they wanted to.

For me, I struggle to make my own way and I do vote so yay for me. But if I could have paid my own way at 16 I would have. What Agna is suggesting isn't that "kids" be given the vote without the responsibility, but rather that people under 18 be given the same opportunity as those over. If I would have been allowed to be a stripper at 16 I probably would have done it, and it would have made paying my own way a lot easier. I'd probably have the money I need for college right now too.

And before you take exception with my stripper comment, let me remind you that I did far more with my friends than any stripper does on the stage. It's not like not being a stripper sheltered me from the big bad world.
...we move our culture toward a society that would encourage and cultivate it's youth toward stripping in order to make it on their own??:eusa_eh:And because you've done more with your friends on wild Friday nights?--The picture, for one, is much bigger than you. How long have you been infiltrated by this guy's thinking already, girl; I thought only a few days, is it spreading with you or is it just me?:confused:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back