Perry's economy fuels low-wage jobs

"You would prefer no job over a lower paying job?"

Are those the only choices out there? I don't think so.

More importantly is this something a person running for President should tout as an example of their successful leadership?

Robert Scheer: The Biggest Little Hypocrite in Texas - Robert Scheer's Columns - Truthdig

"n addition, thanks to breakthroughs in oil field technology that Perry had nothing to do with, there have been controversial new drilling techniques that have vastly expanded the exploitation of gas and oil reserves, producing many of the new jobs that the Texas governor claims. For a relatively ineffectual governor, in a state in which the part-time Legislature holds the power, to take credit for this job boom is as ludicrous as a Saudi prince bragging of his entrepreneurial skills as the source of royal wealth."

I'd rather have a low wage job than a no wage job

This is what Conservatism wants. Conservatism supports the free market, and the free market is pulling down American wages towards an equilibrium point with wages around the world.

When you can't get labor cheaper in China than you can in the U.S., then we'll have all the shit wage job opportunities we want.

That's what Conservatism wants. A mass working population earning next to nothing, run by a super-rich elite ruling class, with a decimated middle class in between.

Texas' "diverse" job market is fueled by government spending.

I know you read this...why do you continue to lie?

The lie - Economic job growth in Texas was dependent on stimulus money and defense contracts...IOW Government Spending.

The Truth - Texas has created more jobs in the last year than the other 49 states combined.

They all got stimulus money.

They all receive a share of defense spending.

When you look at the last government report on the subject of Federal Government spending by state...the Consolidated Federal Funds Report for Fiscal Year 2009, which is the most recent report that the Census Bureau has released...

Texas is close to the bottom...like 42 out of 50.

Here is the source: The States Where America Spends The Most (And The Least) Per Person - 24/7 Wall St.

Forum List

Back