Perfect proof gun control is useless

rhodescholar

Gold Member
May 31, 2009
Strafing Iranian RGs with my .50 Cal
I'll give any person a dollar who gets this right: in Mexico, probably the capital of mass gun murders, with cartels better armed than the army, and 60,000 dead in the past few years alone, how many gun stores are in existence?

A. 50,000
B. 100,000
C. 1

And the correct answer? C.

Even I was stunned about that, given the astounding volume of guns and shootings south of the border:

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/25/w...strictive-approach-to-gun-laws.html?ref=world

"MEXICO CITY — Juan García relinquished his cellphone, walked through two metal detectors, registered with a uniformed soldier — and then finally entered Mexico’s only legal gun store."

What's better, is that Mexico has very restrictive gun laws...so how's that working out for them? And why would anyone think it would work here?

Last edited:
I'll give any person who gets this right a dollar: in Mexico, probably the capital of mass gun murders, with cartels better armed than the army, and 60,000 dead in the past few years alone, how many gun stores are in existence?

A. 50,000
B. 100,000
C. 1

Even I was stunned about that, given the astounding volume of guns and shootings south of the border:

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/25/w...strictive-approach-to-gun-laws.html?ref=world

"MEXICO CITY — Juan García relinquished his cellphone, walked through two metal detectors, registered with a uniformed soldier — and then finally entered Mexico’s only legal gun store."

What's better, is that Mexico has very restrictive gun laws...so how's that working out for them? And why would anyone think it would work here?

It's beginning to look like criminals just don't obey the rules. That ain't right. But certainly, more rules couldn't hurt, right? It's the "common sense" approach...:eusa_eh:

I'll give any person who gets this right a dollar: in Mexico, probably the capital of mass gun murders, with cartels better armed than the army, and 60,000 dead in the past few years alone, how many gun stores are in existence?

A. 50,000
B. 100,000
C. 1

It's beginning to look like criminals just don't obey the rules. That ain't right. But certainly, more rules couldn't hurt, right? It's the "common sense" approach...:eusa_eh:

Yep because liberals know the secret of zero percentage crime, we just need piles of more laws and we'll get there, but we dont want to hurt the criminals, they will all be rehabilitated and win Nobel Prizes

Forum List

Back