Perception: Gestalt Gating

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
Perception is an integrative experience in the modern age of systems networking, traffic lights, globalization consciousness, and lifestyle journalism (i.e., Reality TV).

Millions of people around the world sit in front of their computers connected to the Internet. People are conscious of how wireless technologies create a virtual environment of communications efficiency (the Information Superhighway).

Perhaps it is no coincidence that the advent of instant cameras and mobile phones came hand-in-hand with the development of mobilization technology and globalization applications (i.e., eTrade, Facebook, etc.).

What was once considered purely clinical or theoretical applications of Gestalt psychology (the study of stimuli mosaic coordination) is now a psycho-sociological understanding of traffic sensitivity (i.e., urbanization), and systemics-fantasy films such as "The Matrix" [1999] and "Robots" [2004] echo this new age holistic science.

I'm a big fan of comic books, and one of the most symbolic American comic book characters of this modern age is perhaps Cyclops (Marvel Comics), a heroic mutant human with the ability to hone his vision-power with laser-like science.

Here are two web-links to a collected body of conference lectures in Rome concerning Gestalt aesthetics in urban design:

AbeBooks.Com (Rome Lectures)

Google Books (Same Work)

:afro:

Gestalt Psychology

Robots (Film)

cyclops.png

Forum List

Back