Pepper-Spray by a Cruel and Cowardly NYC Cop

I watched the videos and the crowd was out of control. The key is I watched the unedited version of the videos. If they got sprayed for being in that crowd it is their fault. I have pictures and memories to tell you what an out of control protest can come to be like...if you had been here where I am at after June 2009 you would understand how quickly a situation can become explosive and deadly in a protest.

I watched the videos and the crowd was out of control. The key is I watched the unedited version of the videos. If they got sprayed for being in that crowd it is their fault. I have pictures and memories to tell you what an out of control protest can come to be like...if you had been here where I am at after June 2009 you would understand how quickly a situation can become explosive and deadly in a protest.

The crowd was out of control? I did not see it, and it has been reported that cops will blend in the crowd to start a distrurbance which will give them reason to bust a few heads.

welcome-to-the-next-police-state.gif

You're welcome to your authoritarian biased opinions. :thup:

Explain why this is an imbecile's protest. Use your words, not your spittle.

It shouldn't matter whether one views these protests as imbecilic or otherwise. In this country we're supposed to have the freedom to protest, peacefully and within reason. The women sprayed by the cop were clearly protesting peacefully and within reason. It doesn't matter if they were imbeciles or not, they were victims of police brutality. Plain and simple.

They were law breakers. Protesting without a permit.

permit means privilege since when is a right to protest (which is protected by the first amendment) a previlege?

It shouldn't matter whether one views these protests as imbecilic or otherwise. In this country we're supposed to have the freedom to protest, peacefully and within reason. The women sprayed by the cop were clearly protesting peacefully and within reason. It doesn't matter if they were imbeciles or not, they were victims of police brutality. Plain and simple.

Bullshit :thup:

BULLSHIT?
N.Y. City rules;
Here’s a few things to keep in mind when you’re protesting in New York City:

* You have a right to stand or march on sidewalks without a permit.
* You may photograph or video the cops, but do not interfere with police action.
* Remember officers’ badge numbers, names and physical descriptions.
* File complaints about misconduct by calling 311.
* If you march in the street without a permit, you risk arrest.
* If ordered to disperse, do so unless you want to be arrested.

They Marched in the streets without a permit.

Bullshit :thup:

BULLSHIT?
N.Y. City rules;
Here’s a few things to keep in mind when you’re protesting in New York City:

* You have a right to stand or march on sidewalks without a permit.
* You may photograph or video the cops, but do not interfere with police action.
* Remember officers’ badge numbers, names and physical descriptions.
* File complaints about misconduct by calling 311.
* If you march in the street without a permit, you risk arrest.
* If ordered to disperse, do so unless you want to be arrested.

They Marched in the streets without a permit.

welcome-to-the-next-police-state.gif

Police State?
The traffic in the streets don't have rights?
Why didn't they stay on the sidewalks where it was leagal?

Police State?

You might consider watching the video lest you continue to make an ignorant ass of yourself.

The girls that were sprayed were on the sidewalk and complying with the police. One was even politely asking the officer standing there where he wanted them to go.

Police State?

When people no longer have the right to voice their opinion
YES THAT IS A POLICE STATE

They had the right.
Where do you get the idea that they didn't?
They did not have the right to break the law.

laws can be made to silence people, we need to change those laws and it needs to be done today.

They had the right.

laws can be made to silence people, we need to change those laws and it needs to be done today.

Your really full of it today aren't you? :lol:
No I'm just fed up with people allowing the law to do as it wants too.
Tyranny can't be changed laws that prevent people from protesting bring about an authoritarian government and authoritarian government brings about a dictatorship.

Police State?

You might consider watching the video lest you continue to make an ignorant ass of yourself.

The girls that were sprayed were on the sidewalk and complying with the police. One was even politely asking the officer standing there where he wanted them to go.

Actually "you" might want to go back and watch the video again, Manifold. If you watch the long version you'll see the point where the protestors initially break through police barricades...you'll see the point where an older woman with short blonde hair politely asks an officer where he wants them to go...an important question because the protesters have just been told by the police that they have to leave that area...you'll see the point where the young girls who end up getting pepper sprayed are screaming at the police calling them fascists and telling a policewoman that she's a disgrace to her gender...you'll see the point where the police start arresting anyone who attempts to cross that street after being warned once not to do so...including the man with the video camera that Lawrence O'Donnell made such a big deal about.

Bottom line is this...those protesters did not have a permit for what they did...they pushed their way through police barricades not once but several times and they refused to disperse when asked by the police. This was a protest by a small group of activists whose only purpose was to create a conflict with police so their arrests could be recorded and used to gain coverage of a march so small that it didn't warrant coverage at all. Anyone that can't see that...displays a level of gullibility that is scary.

Your really full of it today aren't you? :lol:

Actually you the one that is full of shit since you repeatedly insist that the pepper sprayed girls broke the law when clearly they did not.

But whatcha gonna do? :dunno:

On what do you base the contention that those girls weren't breaking the law? Did they have a permit to stage that protest? Did they participate in breaking through clearly established police lines? Did they leave the area where they were sprayed when asked by the police? Did they escalate the situation when one of them was being arrested by screaming at the police?

I'm curious to hear your rationale on why these people were not breaking the law.

When people no longer have the right to voice their opinion
YES THAT IS A POLICE STATE

They had the right.

Do you think that a group of 150 people in a city of millions should have the right to shut down traffic simply because they want a photo op to get coverage of their point of view? How is blocking traffic a form of free speech?

What "the crowd" was doing is irrelevant. What were the girls who were sprayed doing? That cop clearly walked over to them from some distance away, sprayed them, then walked away.

Police State?

Actually "you" might want to go back and watch the video again, Manifold. If you watch the long version you'll see the point where the protestors initially break through police barricades...you'll see the point where an older woman with short blonde hair politely asks an officer where he wants them to go...an important question because the protesters have just been told by the police that they have to leave that area...you'll see the point where the young girls who end up getting pepper sprayed are screaming at the police calling them fascists and telling a policewoman that she's a disgrace to her gender...you'll see the point where the police start arresting anyone who attempts to cross that street after being warned once not to do so...including the man with the video camera that Lawrence O'Donnell made such a big deal about.

Bottom line is this...those protesters did not have a permit for what they did...they pushed their way through police barricades not once but several times and they refused to disperse when asked by the police. This was a protest by a small group of activists whose only purpose was to create a conflict with police so their arrests could be recorded and used to gain coverage of a march so small that it didn't warrant coverage at all. Anyone that can't see that...displays a level of gullibility that is scary.

Perhaps you should visit an eye doctor.

What "the crowd" was doing is irrelevant. What were the girls who were sprayed doing? That cop clearly walked over to them from some distance away, sprayed them, then walked away.

They had just been asked to leave that area by the police. Instead of doing so, the three girls who ended up getting pepper sprayed stayed and screamed their heads off as another girl is getting arrested. You're right about the cop walking over from some distance and spraying them...but he was doing so because they were being so disruptive.

Forum List

Back