Debate Now People who do not control themselves in public

Discussion in 'Debate Now - Structured Discussion Forum' started by RandomPoster, Sep 25, 2017.

1. fncceo

fncceo Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17,007
    It's not about blood ... being Jewish has absolutely zero to do with blood. Don't identify yourself as Jewish to any degree when you clearly aren't.

It's like going around pretending to be an Native American because you think it makes you special.

[​IMG]

It's insulting to Native Americans and everyone else.

• Funny and Agree!! Funny and Agree!! x 2
  2. RandomPoster

RandomPoster VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +224
    The threat of potential physical violence typically keeps both men from getting too emotional. It is a sort of unspoken contract that if we both remain calm, things can stay calm. This is because we typically don't want to fight.

3. fncceo

fncceo Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17,007
    Neither is an acceptable response. You're not going to engage anyone screaming 'Death to Jews' (or 'Death to anyone else') in public in a rational discussion and if you physically assault him, you're committing a crime.

Go home and leave it alone. Jews don't need you becoming a violence statistic on their behalf.

4. RandomPoster

RandomPoster VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +224
    As I said, it's not about being Jewish. It's about understanding that an anti-Semite does not care about your religious practices and yes anti-Semites do care about your blood and your blood only. Stop being dense.

5. fncceo

fncceo Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17,007
    You obviously have no experience with public violence. The threat of physical violence ALWAYS escalates the emotions.

6. RandomPoster

RandomPoster VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +224
    Not if neither man really wants to fight and they both know from the outset that if they remain calm and maintain the proper tone of voice, body language, and conduct themselves in a rational manner, things can stay calm.

7. fncceo

fncceo Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17,007
    I'm a cop. This is something I see every single working day. When two people (men or women) confront each other they don't remain claim, or rational, or maintain low tones or control their body language. The voices raise, the personal space diminishes, neither wants to physically fight but will not back down because that would be tacit surrender of the argument.

If the police don't intervene, it almost always escalates into physical violence ... whether they want it or not.

8. RandomPoster

RandomPoster VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +224
    Put it this way. Who do you respect more, two men honorably rolling around on the ground punching each other or two men screaming at each other like cackling scatter-brained hens? I would suspect neither as much as the two men calmly debating the subject in classical public speaking contest format, except the two men engaging in physical combat are at least being honorable and dignified about it.

9. fncceo

fncceo Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17,007
    They're breaking the law and will, at minimum, end up in cuffs.

10. BULLDOG

BULLDOG Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +30,683
    I'm not so sure about that. In Texas, there are certain so called "fighting words" that can be used as justification for a fight or arrest. These are words that are said that by their very utterance inflict injury or tend to incite an immediate breach of the peace. It has been well observed that such utterances are no essential part of any exposition of ideas, and are of such slight social value as a step to truth that any benefit that may be derived from them is clearly outweighed by the social interest in order and morality. I haven't found a complete list of these words yet, but I know that "fuck you" is included in the list.