People who are still afraid to return to in-person work because of fears of Covid, are costing the country billions in annual productivity

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
What has amazed me throughout all of this, is how many people out there that have been able to dodge work.
Part of the problem has been the government "stimulus".
It really shows what I've always said. When you give out government handouts, people become trained to accept and expect them, and you do nothing but enable them to continue to do so.

People are ‘long social distancing’ due to COVID-19. Economists say that’s contributing to a drop in labor-force participation.

Labor-force participation fell for the third month in a row in November, as13% of U.S. workers say they will continue social distancing, and another 45% say they will do so in limited ways​

More than two years after the coronavirus pandemic began, a desire for social distancing is still keeping some people from going back to work. It’s a decision, medical experts say, that everyone must make for themselves, based on their own circumstances. Some economists, however, say that people opting out of work because of the pandemic may also be having an impact on the country’s economic output.

Any pseudo explanations if they deflect away from the possibility that the injections are killer shots and are, at

minimum, a possible cause of the excess death figures and the missing work force numbers .

They should starve if they don't want to go to work.

Almost all of those people are full of shit. They just want to work from home because they are lazy, or don't want to work at all and just want free money.

I bet the first mortgage or rent notice saying they are overdue will push them back to work pretty damn quick.

How do you know people who WFH are less productive ? That just seems to be dogma.
People not in the office are less likely to be distracted by feuds and other office politics.
If they are less productive that is a failure of management.

"Alternative" like sitting on their asses?
What an unimaginative person you are. There are numerous ways to hustle a living at the fringes of corporate America. I look at people in office buildings and it certainly looks like they are sitting on their asses. Meanwhile people like me got some skills and put them to work for themselves and screw the suit wearing, cog in a machine life of uncertain despair and ass-kissing.

Forum List

Back