People Voting WIth Their Cars

ChemEngineer

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2019
Everyone has heard the old saw of people voting with their feet. Well today hundreds of millions of Americans are voting with their cars.

While the Climate Change Cult screams panic and "We must take action now!!!", hundreds of millions are.... carrying on life as usual.

I drive to the tennis courts six days a week and find the parking lot always full of families driving their cars to swim meets, and baseball games, and softball games in the park.

Everyone has the free choice to "SAVE THE PLANET" by staying at home, and doing nothing, or else:

1. Driving to sports, such as swimming, tennis, baseball, softball, soccer, golf, fishing, hunting, hiking,

2. Driving to spectator sports, like, oh, baseball parks, football stadiums, ice hockey rinks, tennis stadiums, the World Series, the Superbowl,

3. Driving to entertainment venues such as movies, plays, concerts, aquariums, zoos, parks,

4. Driving to friends and relatives' homes for visits and meals,

5. Driving to airports, train stations or ships' ports for vacations anywhere,

6. Driving to vacation destinations here in the U.S..

And just because it's an electric car doesn't prevent any driver from using those deadly FOSSIL FUELS, because over 60% of electricity is produced by....
burning fossil fuels.

Finally, and this is the best part, even Lord Al Gore himself said at the United (sic) Nations, "Even if American stop using all fossil fuels today, it won't make any difference because China and India are increasing their emissions faster than everyone else in the world reduces them."

They're building coal-fired electric plants, cement plants, they're advancing their citizens' living standards to something far below the average we Americans enjoy.

So enjoy yourself. Forty years and it's all over anyway. But most of us will be long gone by then.

Last edited:
Everyone has heard the old saw of people voting with their feet. Well today hundreds of millions of Americans are voting with their cars.

While the Climate Change Cult screams panic and "We must take action now!!!", hundreds of millions are.... carrying on life as usual.

I drive to the tennis courts six days a week and find the parking lot always full of families driving their cars to swim meets, and baseball games, and
softball games in the park.

Everyone has the free choice to "SAVE THE PLANET" by staying at home, and doing nothing, or else:

1. Driving to sports, such as swimming, tennis, baseball, softball, soccer, golf, fishing, hunting, hiking,

2. Driving to spectator sports, like, oh, baseball parks, football stadiums, ice hockey rinks, tennis stadiums, the World Series, the Superbowl,

3. Driving to entertainment venues such as movies, plays, concerts, aquariums, zoos, parks,

And just because it's an electric car doesn't prevent any driver from using those deadly FOSSIL FUELS, because over 60% of electricity is produced by....
burning fossil fuels.

Finally, and this is the best part, even Lord Al Gore himself said at the United (sic) Nations, "Even if American stop using all fossil fuels today, it won't make any difference because China and India are increasing their emissions faster than everyone else in the world reduces them."

They're building coal-fired electric plants, cement plants, they're advancing their citizens' living standards to something far below the average we Americans enjoy.

So enjoy yourself. Forty years and it's all over anyway. But most of us will be long gone by then.
I'm anxious to see how the transportation industries are going to cope with having to use "green" energy. Millions of trucks, trains, buses, ships and airplanes. It's gonna be interesting. On top of that, all the millions and millions of cars. It will take even more energy just to power all the billions of homes and buildings.

Until battery life is longer, charging times get quicker and recharge stations are as ubiquitous as gas stations EVs will not be that popular.

I drive to the tennis courts six days a week and find the parking lot always full of families driving their cars to swim meets, and baseball games, and softball games in the park.

burning fossil fuels.

They don't want you living any farther away from work, play and stores than 15 minutes. They want to concentrate everyone in small spaces for greater control.

Until battery life is longer, charging times get quicker and recharge stations are as ubiquitous as gas stations EVs will not be that popular.

Exactly as it require an infrastructure to exist or be developed to support the demand and the general whim of people.

It is a technology competition. Who can satisfy peoples desires and pocketbook. I can't see electric cars in the Daytona 500.

The gas power infrastructure is well developed. It did not happen over night. Yeah they did beat out electric cars in the early years (1900)

If the electric car infrastructure is built up to be able to compete then it can be a toss up. Especially if it can save money and appeal to those people from the future or the past.

Exactly as it require an infrastructure to exist or be developed to support the demand and the general whim of people.

It is a technology competition. Who can satisfy peoples desires and pocketbook. I can't see electric cars in the Daytona 500.

The gas power infrastructure is well developed. It did not happen over night. Yeah they did beat out electric cars in the early years (1900)

If the electric car infrastructure is built up to be able to compete then it can be a toss up. Especially if it can save money and appeal to those people from the future or the past.
Agreed.....But that should all be on a fair playing field. No special government 'incentives' for either EV or CE. Let them compete fairly. Let's see how the market goes. Stop all the special 'environmental' incentives or 'green' subsidized bullshit.

When my Hemi Jeep wears out, I am planning to vote myself into a 5.7 Toyota Tundra to tow my camper and boat I voted for myself.

Agreed.....But that should all be on a fair playing field. No special government 'incentives' for either EV or CE. Let them compete fairly. Let's see how the market goes. Stop all the special 'environmental' incentives or 'green' subsidized bullshit.
Right there is the rub.....Subsidies mean "donations" to politicians.

In 2022 Ford spent around 2.6 million in political donations slightly favoring the dems......They spent better than double that on lobbying those same congress critters. Both "sides" belly-up to the trough.

"When my Hemi Jeep wears out, I am planning to vote myself into a 5.7 Toyota Tundra to tow my camper and boat I voted for myself."
Wise choice. I drive a 5.7 Tundra, and it is a powerful, reliable, satisfying truck.

Sure........just like the oil companies.

Oil companies line up for billions of dollars in subsidies ...​

1690727996938.png
Financial Times
https://www.ft.com › ... › Companies › Oil & Gas industry

Mar 6, 2023 — An oil industry that opposed President Joe Biden's signature climate law is now manoeuvring to claim billions of dollars of US tax credits ...

`````coal plants under construction.jpg

They don't want you living any farther away from work, play and stores than 15 minutes. They want to concentrate everyone in small spaces for greater control.

Lol 🤣🤣🤣 Nope . That is about providing services. Florida did that 20 years ago to increase population density and reduce costs for fire and rescue etc.

burning fossil fuels.

ac4a5093-3419-4a1e-99b6-94a56fd18e4b_1920x1080.jpg

Forum List

Back