“People simply cannot afford to live anymore,” Rep. Bowman in letter with Elizabeth Warren urging Biden to address the extortionate increase in rents

Good points. I guess building roads and running electricity in rural areas and subsidizing farm production is also not a free market.

You forgot fire department, paramedics and police. Police are the leftist enemy now so I understand why you left them out.

Good points. I guess building roads and running electricity in rural areas and subsidizing farm production is also not a free market.
Ahhh.. a Prog and their comparisons. Living off of massive federal, state and local outlays to their own cities and off of the people who built them many decades and centuries ago.

Ahhh.. a Prog and their comparisons. Living off of massive federal, state and local outlays to their own cities and off of the people who built them many decades and centuries ago.
You're wrong, I don't live in a Red State:
RankStateFederal Share of State Revenue
1West Virginia45.16%
2New Mexico41.80%
3Mississippi47.31%
4Alabama41.20%

You're wrong, I don't live in a Red State:
RankStateFederal Share of State Revenue
1West Virginia45.16%
2New Mexico41.80%
3Mississippi47.31%
4Alabama41.20%

People keep voting to pay for them either way ...
You don't have to live there as long as you keep sending them money ... :auiqs.jpg:

I mean ... Forget the fact the Federal Government doesn't have the money either ...
Spend some more.

Dang ... People crack me up ... It's like ... "What's the use even talking them".

Sure because of the lobbyists involved with banking
Go back and re-read about the debacle of the housing crisis.
You could possibly learn something.

Demanding that people who never paid a loan ack get housing loans did not help. A small downturn a few years earlier turned into something that hurt tens of millions of people. People who played by the rules. The traitors in D.C. screwed over many.

Go check your banking rules and how they changes took place.
:th_spinspin:

The real causes of the housing and financial crisis were predatory private mortgage lending and unregulated markets ...

Which markets were unregulated? Be specific.
And define "predatory private mortgage lending".

Go check your banking rules and how they changes took place.
:th_spinspin:

By that ... Do you mean spinning President Clinton and HUD Secretary Cuomo's ... Community Reinvestment Act and efforts ...
Fanny Mae, a little Freddy Mac ... Making it illegal not to give some folks loans as well ... Threatening to sic the dogs on them if they didn't ...
Then blaming everything on the banks and predatory lending ... That kind of spinning?

Last edited:
Too many non performing residential mortgages sold as “A” paper when they were really C- and risky is what collapsed things 2007-10

Liberals are constant pissers and moaners about success. They rarely achieve it so they want the top brought down so everything can be smoothed out, equal and safe spaced.

Last edited:
No, just how you spun everything without the entire story.
1674243286714.png

Adjustable-Rate Mortgages​

Among the most potentially lethal of the mortgages offered to subprime borrowers were the interest-only ARM and the payment option ARM, both adjustable-rate mortgages (ARMs). Both of these mortgage types have the borrower making much lower initial payments than would be due under a fixed-rate mortgage. After a period of time, often only two or three years, these ARMs reset. The payments then fluctuate as frequently as monthly, often becoming much larger than the initial payments.
Which the lenders saw as their ticket to unprecedented rewards.
During the run-up in housing prices, the mortgage-backed securities (MBS) market became popular with commercial investors. An MBS is a pool of mortgages grouped into a single security. Investors benefit from the premiums and interest payments on the individual mortgages the security contains.

This market is highly profitable as long as home prices continue to rise and homeowners continue to make their mortgage payments. The risks, however, became all too real as housing prices began to plummet and homeowners began to default on their mortgages in droves. At the time, few people realized how volatile and complicated this secondary mortgage market had become.
Next,

Lehman Brothers Collapses​

So the banks then got their bailout from the US government. So their risk turned out to be minimal!!
Check out the interest rate they had to pay back their loans they received!
Stop only telling a small part of the story.

By that ... Do you mean spinning President Clinton and HUD Secretary Cuomo's ... Community Reinvestment Act and efforts ...
Fanny Mae, a little Freddy Mac ... Making it illegal not to give some folks loans as well ... Threatening to sic the dogs on them if they didn't ...
Then blaming everything on the banks and predatory lending ... That kind of spinning?

Forum List

Back