People of Hong Kong want a right to keep and bear arms.

Looks like Trump picked a side between China and Hong Kong.

He’s on the side of China.

The Colony was transferred to China in 1997 with a "guarantee" to Great Britain, by China, that the Chinese would maintain the then existing political and economic systems for 50 years. So it isn't taking the side of China against Hong Kong, it is taking China against China. Bejing may use these demonstrations as an excuse to step in and take overwhelming control much sooner.

The demonstrations, ongoing for about 10 weeks now. During that time about 700 demonstrators have been arrested whose whereabouts are unknown. They could be transported to the prisons on mainland China.

Many of the illegal aliens crossing our border are Chinese and are coming from Hong Kong.

Yes, we should back the citizens of Hong Kong but our options are very, very limited.
They could be transported to the prisons on mainland China.
They're not supposed to. That is what these protests have been about--China is not allowed to extradict them to mainland China! According to the Chief Executive, Lam, that bill is "dead."

Whew, I'm sure that puts the minds of the friends and families of those 700+ prisoners at ease! :D

The citizens of China have no clue what is happening in Hong Kong and the families of those prisoners have no clue either.

The Colony was transferred to China in 1997 with a "guarantee" to Great Britain, by China, that the Chinese would maintain the then existing political and economic systems for 50 years. So it isn't taking the side of China against Hong Kong, it is taking China against China. Bejing may use these demonstrations as an excuse to step in and take overwhelming control much sooner.

The demonstrations, ongoing for about 10 weeks now. During that time about 700 demonstrators have been arrested whose whereabouts are unknown. They could be transported to the prisons on mainland China.

Many of the illegal aliens crossing our border are Chinese and are coming from Hong Kong.

Yes, we should back the citizens of Hong Kong but our options are very, very limited.
They're not supposed to. That is what these protests have been about--China is not allowed to extradict them to mainland China! According to the Chief Executive, Lam, that bill is "dead."

Whew, I'm sure that puts the minds of the friends and families of those 700+ prisoners at ease! :D

The citizens of China have no clue what is happening in Hong Kong and the families of those prisoners have no clue either.
Markle, I've been hunting through coverage to see what anyone knows about those protesters who have been arrested. You got a link I haven't seen?
I know about the booksellers who mysteriously "disappeared," but nothing on this. I don't think in the midst of this protest with the whole world watching that China would do anything quite so cheeky as kidnap 700 young protesters illegally. But like I said, share if you've got something.
Also, a couple hundred who were just arrested were released, although they are still being "investigated." May have been what happened to the 700 as well.

----------------------------------------------------- from what I hear that extradition bill has been SHELVED probably for reintroduction at a later date in my OPINION .

If the 2nd amendment was written to defend against govt. tyranny it would say that. It doesn`t. The video is bogus btw.
It is well known what the 2A was about.

The Second Amendment was meant to help the people protect themselves from a tyrannical government. Just like the revolutionaries who fought against the King of England, they wanted to maintain their right to "bear arms" in case the new government began to take away their rights.
One problem: The 2nd amendment says no such thing and the Nation`s Real Assholes are pulling your chain with that BS. They wanted us to have guns so no govt. would be able to take our guns away? You`re nuts but you`re funny.
51538709_144727806547466_9086815037737140224_n.jpg

Protesters in Hong Kong take to the streets carrying the American flag, singing the American National Anthem and want the right to defend themselves.

False flag. Slave-masters and labor-union bosses are moving to secede from mainland China. They have not indicated an intention to bear arms on behalf of China or in defense of Chinese human rights. They have absolutely no intention of allowing rank-and-file manufacturing industry workers to possess firearms.

Are the people of Hong Kong demanding the Chinese government use non gender specific pronouns?

IS that what this is all about?

If the 2nd amendment was written to defend against govt. tyranny it would say that. It doesn`t. The video is bogus btw.

The Second Amendment was meant to help the people protect themselves from a tyrannical government. Just like the revolutionaries who fought against the King of England, they wanted to maintain their right to "bear arms" in case the new government began to take away their rights.
One problem: The 2nd amendment says no such thing and the Nation`s Real Assholes are pulling your chain with that BS. They wanted us to have guns so no govt. would be able to take our guns away? You`re nuts but you`re funny.
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants and cowards. It is its natural manure,

Protesters in Hong Kong take to the streets carrying the American flag, singing the American National Anthem and want the right to defend themselves.

False flag. Slave-masters and labor-union bosses are moving to secede from mainland China. They have not indicated an intention to bear arms on behalf of China or in defense of Chinese human rights. They have absolutely no intention of allowing rank-and-file manufacturing industry workers to possess firearms.
The protest in Hong Kong is not a false flag and the protesters are wanting the right to arm themselves

"People of Hong Kong want a right to keep and bear arms."

They already have that right – all individuals do.

The issue is that China is an authoritarian one party dictatorship that refuses to recognize individual rights.

"People of Hong Kong want a right to keep and bear arms."

They already have that right – all individuals do.

The issue is that China is an authoritarian one party dictatorship that refuses to recognize individual rights.
That is a lie
Possession of Firearms
The approach of the Firearms-Control Law is to prohibit any private possession of firearms in China except under extremely restricted conditions. Compared with its predecessor, the range of groups and individuals permitted to possess guns is significantly narrowed. The 1981 provision allowing citizens over eighteen years of age to possess two hunting rifles was abolished; instead, the new Law permits only hunters and herdsmen to possess hunting rifles in areas delineated by provincial governments, subject to approval, and such guns cannot be brought out of these hunting or pastoral areas.16]
Firearms-Control Legislation and Policy: China | Law Library of Congress

If they had arms and decided to use them they would all be killed. China is a pretty big place with a whole lot of soldiers and weapons. Their Walmart militia would fare no better than ours would.

Markle, I've been hunting through coverage to see what anyone knows about those protesters who have been arrested. You got a link I haven't seen?
I know about the booksellers who mysteriously "disappeared," but nothing on this. I don't think in the midst of this protest with the whole world watching that China would do anything quite so cheeky as kidnap 700 young protesters illegally. But like I said, share if you've got something.
Also, a couple hundred who were just arrested were released, although they are still being "investigated." May have been what happened to the 700 as well.

Strictly speculation on the part of many. China is allowing more capitalism and freedom but they are firmly in command and will not lose that iron control. They will not give the protesters what they want but they will control the situation. Do you honestly believe that China would not take steps to see that those arrested, or a good percentage will NOT disappear? If you do, you honestly need to inform yourself about China and their goals.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants and cowards. It is its natural manure,

Perhaps you could give credit where credit is due.
Thomas%20Jefferson-L.jpg

Forum List

Back