"Pentagon confirms they may court martial soldiers who hold Christian faith."

Breitbart is seldom wrong, that's why obama had Andrew Breitbart murdered.

Exactly. There was a coroner report on Breitbart that found he died of arsenic poisoning. The coroner who went public with that report died shortly afterwards........of arsenic poisoning.

- Jeri

Exactly. There was a coroner report on Breitbart that found he died of arsenic poisoning. The coroner who went public with that report died shortly afterwards........of arsenic poisoning.

- Jeri
Your tin foil hat is a little crooked. Straighten it out and you might get better reception. Brietbart was a coke head and an alcoholic.

- Jeri
Your tin foil hat is a little crooked. Straighten it out and you might get better reception. Brietbart was a coke head and an alcoholic.

If you ask me, they're both getting kind of annoying. :cool:

How about someone who wears a cross, that you have to look at every time you see them? That has been held to be harassment in the private sector. What about saying Grace in the mess hall? Everyone sitting at your table knows what you're doing, even if you don't speak aloud. Suppose it annoys someone. A bunch of someones. Suppose an atheist group decides to sit at your table and now you're annoying ALL of them. Suppose two Christians are having a private conversation and an atheist comes up. They don't change the subject to include him. He's offended and annoyed. They were discussing religion, perhaps on the grounds of a military base. Is it the obligation of the atheist to walk away?

When you get into the area of legislating people's feelings, there is no end to the abuse.

Please link a case where wearing a cross has been adjudicated as harassment.

You make some of the most bizarre claims.
Please back it up.

Seriously, if you have to make things up to try to prove your point ... then you really aren't making a very good point now are you?

man I want to grab that nuttery for a new signature line but it's a little heavy handed with the looney spice

What do you suppose would happen to the American military if Christians decided that they didn't want to have to reject their religion just go join and risk their lives?

No one is being asked to reject their beliefs. I am a Christian and not only do I understand that annoying people who have asked you to stop is not only rude, it's a poor way to represent my savior.

I definitely agree with you about the being rude and a poor way to represent our savior. I disagree with your point about harassment. In today's pc world, harassment is in the hands of the so called "victim". All that is necessary is that a claim be made and if the person doing the whinig is in a group perceived to be disadvantaged the person accused is automatically considered guilty. He must then prove his innocence.

Innocent until proven guilty does not truly exist in this country.

Immie

What do you suppose would happen to the American military if Christians decided that they didn't want to have to reject their religion just go join and risk their lives?

No one is being asked to reject their beliefs. I am a Christian and not only do I understand that annoying people who have asked you to stop is not only rude, it's a poor way to represent my savior.

I definitely agree with you about the being rude and a poor way to represent our savior. I disagree with your point about harassment. In today's pc world, harassment is in the hands of the so called "victim". All that is necessary is that a claim be made and if the person doing the whinig is in a group perceived to be disadvantaged the person accused is automatically considered guilty. He must then prove his innocence.

Immie

In reality - innocent until proven guilty applies to harassment cases as well. Don't get sucked into those scare tactic lies that those with a political agenda sling around in order to pretend "God is on our side."

Worshiping Christ comes under attack ... but we all know the source of those attacks. No one political system, or political party is the enemy. The enemy can use them all.

Immie

In reality - innocent until proven guilty applies to harassment cases as well. Don't get sucked into those scare tactic lies that those with a political agenda sling around in order to pretend "God is on our side."

Worshiping Christ comes under attack ... but we all know the source of those attacks. No one political system, or political party is the enemy. The enemy can use them all.

I have been accused of a crime I did not commit. I know this is anecdotal but trust me, you are guilty until proven innocent.

Immie

Immie

I have been accused of a crime I did not commit. I know this is anecdotal but trust me, you are guilty until proven innocent.

And just to clarify, I was not talking about harassment alone. I meant all cases.
Immie

- Jeri

I was unaware coke heads and alcoholics couldn't be murdered. Go figure.

Oh and just because people are involved in conspiracies doesn't mean there aren't conspiracies. People plead to conspiracy charges almost everyday.

Unfortunately, we live in a world that has forsaken the truth to the point is most people don't even acknowledge when they aren't being honest. And when politics gets involved, it's difficult for discerning people to determine the truth.

But then, I dont think this thread was started for the sake of the truth. Very few things are done for the truth. Instead, I think this was probably done to attack Brietbart and pretty much imply that everyone who has ever agreed with anything he said, or even agrees with similiar political positions is somehow evil.

Considering General Washingtons orders to keep the commandments of God in their life, I wonder if our current policies would result in him being court martialed. The Gospel is going to be shared by people who live their faith. The idea that I can't talk to my friends about the Gospel if we were both in the military is appalling. As long as there is mutual respect and no attempts to subvert the military and nation, what does it matter what two soldiers talk about in their private life?

Immie

Maybe that's the problem. Everyone trying to claim God is on their side. So few making the effort to make sure they are on God's side.

they want the right to bother ppl

No. We want the right to freely express ourselves that is guarenteed in our Constitution. We also want the right to freely worship which is guarenteed in our Constitution.

Why, exactly, do you think that is bad? Why do you want to pretend that proselyting is something other than talking with another person?

If someone wants to talk to you about Christ and you don't want to listen. Just say no thank you or leave the conversation. No one can force you to listen. No one can force you to convert. Conversion comes from the inside. Your rights are not violated if someone invites you to listen any more than my rights are violated if someone offers me a beer. I just kindly refuse and move on.

If someone claims to feel harassed because a service member in their unit goes to church every Sunday are they harassed? They are if they say they are.

Can you possibly be more stupid? It's going to take some real effort, I think.

PolitiFact | Bloggers say Pentagon may court-martial Christian soldiers

Our ruling

Recent headlines and articles offered versions of the claim that the "Pentagon confirms they may court-martial soldiers who hold Christian faith."

Instead, a Defense Department spokesman had explained that proselytizing — "unwanted, intrusive attempts to convert others" — wasn’t permitted and that punishment for breaking military rules is decided "case by case."

Conservative religious groups argue this means "sharing the gospel" would become a crime. But no policy we saw suggests that the Pentagon would court-martial soldiers "who hold Christian faith." Quite the opposite — much of the language from the Defense Department reinforces the right of military members to practice their religion, as long as it’s in a way that respects others’ belief systems. Chaplains already follow such rules.

Still, there’s a sliver of truth — if you believe your Christian faith compels you to try to convert others in a way people find harassing, it’s possible you could face court-martial, though such a thing has yet to happen.

We rate the claim Mostly False.

Once again Breitbart and the conservative media is caught just making it up. :cuckoo: They want to be seen as the victim so bad they want to believe the govt and liberals want to stop religion. SURE! Makes total sense...no

There is a slow but steadily growing movement in the UnConservative circles that is anti-military. The hatred of our troops is growing larger every day among these maniacs. This, more than anything else, is a really bad indicator of just how batshit insane they are becoming.

Sieg Heil!

A beer hall putsch is not far off.

There is a slow but steadily growing movement in the UnConservative circles that is anti-military. The hatred of our troops is growing larger every day among these maniacs. This, more than anything else, is a really bad indicator of just how batshit insane they are becoming.

Sieg Heil!

I may be misreading what your saying, but I have to ask, how is arguing for the rights of our servicemen to share the Gospel anti-military?

PolitiFact | Bloggers say Pentagon may court-martial Christian soldiers

Our ruling

Recent headlines and articles offered versions of the claim that the "Pentagon confirms they may court-martial soldiers who hold Christian faith."

Instead, a Defense Department spokesman had explained that proselytizing — "unwanted, intrusive attempts to convert others" — wasn’t permitted and that punishment for breaking military rules is decided "case by case."

Conservative religious groups argue this means "sharing the gospel" would become a crime. But no policy we saw suggests that the Pentagon would court-martial soldiers "who hold Christian faith." Quite the opposite — much of the language from the Defense Department reinforces the right of military members to practice their religion, as long as it’s in a way that respects others’ belief systems. Chaplains already follow such rules.

Still, there’s a sliver of truth — if you believe your Christian faith compels you to try to convert others in a way people find harassing, it’s possible you could face court-martial, though such a thing has yet to happen.

We rate the claim Mostly False.

Once again Breitbart and the conservative media is caught just making it up. :cuckoo: They want to be seen as the victim so bad they want to believe the govt and liberals want to stop religion. SURE! Makes total sense...no

Sieg Heil!

The military isn't an American military any more. It is an obama military. What you see isn't hatred. It's actually contempt. The military is not a place for Christians, or Jews either. In fact, religion and military service are fast becoming mutually exclusive. Unless it's islam, and that's an entirely different subject. The left doesn't really like islam, they are just using islam to fight Christianity.

The left fully expects Christians to offer up their lives for same sex marriage, abortion now expanded to infanticide, the destruction of the family unit and providing cradle to grave welfare for the very people who most despise them. And, do it all while being prohibited from praying, speaking about their faith and soon even practicing their faith.

It's not going to happen. It's not going to happen because you are asking people to die for what YOU believe. Not what they believe, what YOU believe. It's not worth it. So, the military is very fast not becoming worth it either.

Annoying people is subjective. What is annoying?

Annoying people is subjective - harassment (a legally defined action) is not.

And when someone tell's a real Christian "Leave me alone," a real Christian will leave them alone.

If practicing your faith requires you to harass people ... it's not the Christian faith you practice.
Exactly!!

God doesn't force us, we don't force Jesus on anyone, its' always a choice.

Scripture states that "I stand at the door, and knock: IF any man hear my voice..."

Revelation 3:20 KJV - Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: - Bible Gateway

Radical fundamentalist believe in FORCE, they have to FORCE everything on you you see.

Immie

Amen brother! :clap2:

Forum List

Back