"Pentagon confirms they may court martial soldiers who hold Christian faith."

[ame=http://youtu.be/FgvZ751owG4]War on Christians has begun! - Military bans Religion - YouTube[/ame]

PolitiFact | Bloggers say Pentagon may court-martial Christian soldiers

Our ruling

Recent headlines and articles offered versions of the claim that the "Pentagon confirms they may court-martial soldiers who hold Christian faith."

Instead, a Defense Department spokesman had explained that proselytizing — "unwanted, intrusive attempts to convert others" — wasn’t permitted and that punishment for breaking military rules is decided "case by case."

Conservative religious groups argue this means "sharing the gospel" would become a crime. But no policy we saw suggests that the Pentagon would court-martial soldiers "who hold Christian faith." Quite the opposite — much of the language from the Defense Department reinforces the right of military members to practice their religion, as long as it’s in a way that respects others’ belief systems. Chaplains already follow such rules.

Still, there’s a sliver of truth — if you believe your Christian faith compels you to try to convert others in a way people find harassing, it’s possible you could face court-martial, though such a thing has yet to happen.

We rate the claim Mostly False.

Once again Breitbart and the conservative media is caught just making it up. :cuckoo: They want to be seen as the victim so bad they want to believe the govt and liberals want to stop religion. SURE! Makes total sense...no

So let me see if i got this... You posted a story (?) or whatever, stating that the pentagon isn't going to court-martial any soldiers based on their religious faith, despite the claims of a couple of obscure blogs that I've never heard of... Got it...

This isn't news, and the fact someone was concerned enough to even run it through the politifact BS meter (an oxymoron), is truly amazing. Frankly I never heard of the claim till now, and don't know of anybody who bought it anyway.

There has always been a Christian "Good ole boys" network in the military. It was no secret that displaying good "christian" values and openly displaying your faith was a wise career move. A declaration of atheism was almost equivalent to declaring yourself gay.

It is long overdue for the military to crack down on excessive Christian prostelitizing

Forum List

Back