hazlnut

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2012
Chicago
Pentagon chief says decision to free Sergeant Bowe Bergdahl was unanimous

u·nan·i·mous
yo͞oˈnanəməs/Submit
adjective
(of two or more people) fully in agreement.
"the doctors were unanimous in their diagnoses"
synonyms: united, in agreement, in accord, of one mind, of the same mind, in harmony, concordant, undivided, as one More
antonyms: divided
(of an opinion, decision, or vote) held or carried by everyone involved.
synonyms: uniform, consistent, united, concerted, congruent More

Oops, there it is....

LONDON (Reuters) – U.S. Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel said the decision to strike a deal with the Taliban for the release of Sergeant Bowe Bergdahl was unanimous in the White House as it was believed that the soldier’s life was “in peril”.

Bergdahl was handed over to U.S. special operations forces in Afghanistan on Saturday after five years in captivity in exchange for the transfer of five senior Taliban members from Guantanamo prison in Cuba to Qatar.

The official report coming from the white house is that the Pentagon chiefs were unanimous in their decision to trade the new cabinet for Mullah Omar for a deserter. We don't know what really happened or who really agreed.

In 2010 a Pentagon investigation found that Bergdahl was a deserter too.

u·nan·i·mous
yo͞oˈnanəməs/Submit
adjective
synonyms: united, in agreement, in accord, of one mind, of the same mind, in harmony, concordant, undivided, as one More

Oops, there it is....

LONDON (Reuters) – U.S. Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel said the decision to strike a deal with the Taliban for the release of Sergeant Bowe Bergdahl was unanimous in the White House as it was believed that the soldier’s life was “in peril”.

Bergdahl was handed over to U.S. special operations forces in Afghanistan on Saturday after five years in captivity in exchange for the transfer of five senior Taliban members from Guantanamo prison in Cuba to Qatar.

Sure it was. After all the only one that voted was Obama.

Larry, Moe and Curly......Larry: "it's unnanimous gentlemen"...... Curly: "suretanly"......Moe: "whatever you say Larry".

The world is laughing at us.

Move high enough up the chain and any arm of government is ruled by politics.

u·nan·i·mous
yo͞oˈnanəməs/Submit
adjective

Oops, there it is....

This is a misleading post, as you are trying to imply the Military was 100% on board, when it was actually the White House that was 100% on board. Yes the JCS was included, but he was the only Pentagon rep in there, the rest were Obama Political appointees.

u·nan·i·mous
yo͞oˈnanəməs/Submit
adjective

Oops, there it is....

I am sure it was in the Whitehouse

Last edited:

:bsflag::salute:

Not by releasing 5 hardened jihad whack jobs to kill again.

Last edited:
The Taliban are unanimous. This inspires them to kidnap more Americans.

Bowe Bergdahl: Taliban Captors Speak to TIME - TIME

Asked whether the Taliban would be inspired by the exchange to kidnap others, he laughed. “Definitely,” he says. “It’s better to kidnap one person like Bergdahl than kidnapping hundreds of useless people. It has encouraged our people. Now everybody will work hard to capture such an important bird.”

-with reporting by Mushtaq Yusufzai / Peshawar

Considering the law says congress has to be consulted and they weren't i think arguing that it was unanimous decision is a bit incorrect.

By the way, even if this is true, does it:

1)Change the fact that it's a bad trade?
2)The fact that the administration now has two stories of why it was done? (it's a sacred responsibility vs. well, we were going to release them anyway so we thought we'd see what we could get)
3) Does it change the fact that the five were released days prior to Sgt Bergdahl?
4) Does is change the fact that the video of Bergdahl's release shows our side violating standard operating procedures and just putting our troops in a really bad position for the exchange? (I mean seriously, who on earth would conduct the exchange in a highly vulnerable position, while being extremely casual with their alertness and weapons, and while not frisking for bombs prior to bringing him over to the helicoptor?)
5) Does this excuse Obama for violating the Federal Law he signed into law to do this trade?

Spin this all you want, the administration does not look good in this deal.

This is the 3rd story that has been told. The first one didn't take the second one didn't take so just like bengazi they keep changing the story. And you just follow Obama off the cliff.

This administration has done nothing but lie to the American people.

u·nan·i·mous
yo͞oˈnanəməs/Submit
adjective

Oops, there it is....

Considering the law says congress has to be consulted and they weren't i think arguing that it was unanimous decision is a bit incorrect.

considering you have no idea what you're talking about, take a Coke break, its lunch.

What about when bengazi ambassador feared for their lives and asked for more security but were given none. And the Obama administration lied about that.

You will defend anyone who has a D next to their name.

Our Pentagon sucks ass

They should leave the Obama Kneepads on the side of the road

considering you have no idea what you're talking about, take a Coke break, its lunch.

not going to drink that crap.

I could be wrong about some aspect. I don't have all knowledge about every subject.

But I can't help but notice you don't have any thing to say that's more enlightening.

Forum List

Back