Bowe Bergdahl embraces victimhood.

This thread isn't about the 5 Taliban or why we were holding them.

Fair enough.

It should be about why the Army is being particularly vindictive in this case.

They are the ones who signed a waiver to enlist a guy the Coast Guard threw out on a psych discharge.

They are the one who put him in a battle zone.

They are the ones who lied about the circumstances of his capture. (They initially said he was capture while on patrol)

They are the ones who listed him as a POW and not a deserter, and then continued to promote him in absentia.

Then when Obama did the decent thing and got him back, they started screaming, "But, but, but... he deserted his post!!!!"

Now, I have no problem giving him an other than honorable discharge.

But throwing him in jail for being unsuited for what he was asked to do?

He'll, I feel bad for the guy. But he needs some jail. And he's going to get some. Three to five years is my guess.

Read the last letter he wrote to his father on his wiki page.

He'll, I feel bad for the guy. But he needs some jail. And he's going to get some. Three to five years is my guess.

No letters on his Wiki page...

So he should go to jail for having bad opinions you don't like?

Yup. That sounds fair.

No letters on his Wiki page...

So he should go to jail for having bad opinions you don't like?

Yup. That sounds fair.

The letter (email) is what convinced me Bergdahl deserves some leniency.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bowe_Bergdahl#Last_e-mail_to_parents

He deserves jail because he walked off his post, deserted, was captured.... and as a result, his fellow soldiers were injured and killed searching for him and 5 terrorists were released in order to secure his freedom. He has admitted this was true by pleading guilty.

Last edited:
He deserves jail because he walked off his post, deserted, was captured.... and as a result, his fellow soldiers were injured and killed searching for him and 5 terrorists were released in order to secure his freedom. He has admitted this was true by pleading guilty.

Okay, except we've already established no one died looking for him, and maybe if the Army had been honest about how he was captured, no one would have been injured, either. And those five guys would have been released, regardless.

I think five years in Taliban captivity is punishment enough for a poor career choice.

Okay, except we've already established no one died looking for him, and maybe if the Army had been honest about how he was captured, no one would have been injured, either. And those five guys would have been released, regardless.

I think five years in Taliban captivity is punishment enough for a poor career choice.

No. Prison time for desertion. Not life in prison, but a few years, reduction in rank to PV1. Dishonorable discharge.

Five years Taliban captivity for stupidity.

Forum List

Back