Pennsylvania to count undated ballots, election official says, despite US Supreme Court ruling

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
Does this increase or decrease citizens faith in elections? Will your DOJ get involved?

Pennsylvania to count undated ballots, election official says, despite US Supreme Court ruling​

A top election official in Pennsylvania says the state will disregard the U.S. Supreme Court's guidance on counting mail-in ballots arriving in envelopes with typos or incorrect dates, saying that the state's Commonwealth Court has already established the practice as licit.

Pennsylvania's election laws have historically required voters to include a signature and date on the outside of return envelopes when voting by mail.

However, acting Secretary of State Leigh Chapman announced that Pennsylvania election officials should continue counting ballots that arrive with improperly filled-out envelopes, in accordance with the Commonwealth Court's previous ruling on the matter.

I stated that it will decrease the faith in the election.
A late date, a envelope with no signature....what could possibly go wrong?

Yes, what could possibly go wrong with a couple dozen ballots with the envelope incorrect .

The democrats in Pa don’t give a good shit about what the law says. They want the right to rig any election they want and I predict they will be able to get away with that. Democrats are above any rule of law.
Yup, especially with Oz catching up to Fetterman.
Fetterman had a bad day yesterday in front of the camera.
The dems need to start setting the process to muck up the election

Yup, especially with Oz catching up to Fetterman.
Fetterman had a bad day yesterday in front of the camera.
The dems need to start setting the process to muck up the election

Imagine a scenario in which one of them loses by a very narrow margin. I don't know the PA laws (or most of your states election laws) but I assume there is a threshold for a recount. Will the person who loses rightfully have a legal challenge to the state making election laws that defy the courts and have these votes thrown out? If your system is truly based on a separation of power, how can one state claim to have ultimate power over all others?

Furthermore, the concept that "states makes the laws" seem awfully arbitrary and authoritarian. Can a state just say "we will accept all ballots of any kind at any date by ANY person in state (citizens or not)?" Is that not a betrayal of citizens there who have a right to fair, honest, legal elections?

These arbitrary mail in ballot scenarios by some states did just this in 2020 and look at how divided the U.S has become. How much dissenting International voices in the form of online comments we read.

The May ruling by the 3rd Circuit came in a lawsuit by several elderly Democratic and Republican voters upset that their votes would not be counted for neglecting to write the date on the mail-in ballot envelope - what they called a "meaningless technicality."

Forum List

Back