Penance is not Biblical/true

ninja there is something in the Bible saying that Christians should confess their sins to one another. I'm sure you know that.

I think it is in Timothy, maybe Ephesians, but probably the former. Regardless, if the church makes itself available to hear confession, then it is a service based on scripture. It is so recognized that we have clergy privilege in law but of you confess to anyone other than them, your spouse, or your attorney, it is fair game.

Where I disagree with many is that the Bible also requires Good Works, but so few outside the RCC agree with that.

yes, I know that but not to a Priest. Jesus is our High Priest and ALL BELIEVER'S ARE PRIESTS.

A priest is just as good a person as anybody else. That others are acceptable conduits as well does not mean that the Priest is wrong for doing it or the practice is somehow faulty. Likewise with Baptism. Anybody who is a Christian can effectively baptize another. Perhaps where the RCC differs in that regard is their belief in baptism by declaration which I sort of agree with.

ninja there is something in the Bible saying that Christians should confess their sins to one another. I'm sure you know that.

I think it is in Timothy, maybe Ephesians, but probably the former. Regardless, if the church makes itself available to hear confession, then it is a service based on scripture. It is so recognized that we have clergy privilege in law but of you confess to anyone other than them, your spouse, or your attorney, it is fair game.

Where I disagree with many is that the Bible also requires Good Works, but so few outside the RCC agree with that.

yes, I know that but not to a Priest. Jesus is our High Priest and ALL BELIEVER'S ARE PRIESTS.

A priest is just as good a person as anybody else. That others are acceptable conduits as well does not mean that the Priest is wrong for doing it or the practice is somehow faulty. Likewise with Baptism. Anybody who is a Christian can effectively baptize another. Perhaps where the RCC differs in that regard is their belief in baptism by declaration which I sort of agree with.

YOU DON'T BUILD a sacrament and tell people they aren't going to heaven based on a man made tradition, if they do not partake in it.

we don;t need a priest- we go straight to the Father through Jesus.

Communion is for the remission of sins.

yes, and our High Priest is Jesus, not a sinful man. Only Jesus can be our mediator to the Father.

Through His death, we need no mediator. You are mistaken once again.

who do you think takes our petitions to the Father- thats right- Jesus, our mediator.

1 Timothy 2:5
Parallel Verses
New International Version
For there is one God and one mediator between God and mankind, the man Christ Jesus,

all believers are NOT priests.

Hebrews makes it very clear that only a man who is called of God as Aaron was can be a priest.

in acts 8 we have Peter being offered money for the ability to give the Holy Ghost. This would have been unnecessary if being a believer made you a priest.

God calls men and ordains them to offices to preach the Gospel and administer salvation to the people. He always has and always will.

Hebrews makes it very clear that only a man who is called of God as Aaron was can be a priest.

in acts 8 we have Peter being offered money for the ability to give the Holy Ghost. This would have been unnecessary if being a believer made you a priest.

God calls men and ordains them to offices to preach the Gospel and administer salvation to the people. He always has and always will.

God doesn't need someone else (sinful man) to save people. You get saved by Jesus Himself by trusting in Him. No man ministers salvation. WOW!

YOU DON'T BUILD a sacrament and tell people they aren't going to heaven based on a man made tradition, if they do not partake in it.

Apparently a lot of people have not gotten your memo on that

The bible and Jesus DO NOT disagree, Ninja007. The bible is the Word of God and establishes the Doctrine of Jesus Christ. Jesus is the Word of God - John 1:14. The bible is a 2,000 plus yr old arrow pointing directly towards Jesus Christ.

The bible and the Roman Catholic church teachings disagree.

Actually 1 Peter contradicts your interpretation.

The bible and Jesus DO NOT disagree, Ninja007. The bible is the Word of God and establishes the Doctrine of Jesus Christ. Jesus is the Word of God - John 1:14. The bible is a 2,000 plus yr old arrow pointing directly towards Jesus Christ.

The bible and the Roman Catholic church teachings disagree.

i said the same thing; or I meant to in reply to the last post. The Bible and Jesus do not agree with the seven sacraments and the rcc.

Actually 1 Peter contradicts your interpretation.

actually it doesn't.

your problem is that you presume all God has ever or will ever say is found in the Bible. Catholics dont believe in that.

The only path that leads to man's salvation is found in the Bible. Christ; His blood; His death, burial, resurrection, and ascension; man's fallen nature; the penalty for sin; the payment for sin; Christ's divinity; Christ as our ONLY mediator between ourselves and the Father; Christ as King; Christ as Lamb; Christ as friend; Christ as our all and all; Christ as the Creator; Christ as the Redeemer; Christ as our Judge. The Bible reveals our fallen nature in light of Jesus Christ's perfect nature. The Bible shows us that our righteousness if but filthy rags and that we're doomed to deserved damnation if not for the precious blood of Christ.

What other books or traditions can "top" that?

God doesn't need someone else (sinful man) to save people. You get saved by Jesus Himself by trusting in Him. No man ministers salvation. WOW!

1 Timothy 2:5, "For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;"

THE ENTIRE RCC is built upon religion, man made tradition, power and deception.

Why do you have a particular hatred for the RCC as opposed to other denominations?

I don't. But so so many false teachings; they are at the top of the list. Wolves in sheep's clothing deceiving millions.

I just find it odd (though hardly unusual) for people of faith to fret so much about what others are doing when your faith should be between you and your God and nobody else. I have enough trouble keeping myself in check most days to worry about other people's religious practices.

Forum List

Back