Imputed Righteousness of Jesus on the Believer

ninja007

Gold Member
Aug 4, 2014
Living rent free in libs heads
BIBLE VERSES ABOUT IMPUTED RIGHTEOUSNESS

Bible Verses About Imputed Righteousness
Bible verses related to Imputed Righteousness from the King James Version (KJV) by Relevance
- Sort By Book Order

2 Corinthians 5:21 - For he hath made him [to be] sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

Isaiah 53:11 - He shall see of the travail of his soul, [and] shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.

Philippians 3:9 - And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

1 Peter 2:24 - Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

Galatians 2:16 - Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

Romans 5:1 - Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:

Romans 4:3 - For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness.

1 Corinthians 1:30 - But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:

Romans 5:17 - For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.)

Romans 1:17 - For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

John 3:16 - For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Jeremiah 23:6 - In his days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely: and this [is] his name whereby he shall be called, THE LORD OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.

Philippians 2:13 - For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of [his] good pleasure.

Ephesians 2:9 - Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Ephesians 2:8 - For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: [it is] the gift of God:

Galatians 2:20 - I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Romans 4:24 - But for us also, to whom it shall be imputed, if we believe on him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead;

Romans 4:8 - Blessed [is] the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.

Romans 1:16-17 - For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. (Read More...)

Acts 16:31 - And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

1 John 3:7 - Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.

1 John 1:9 - If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us [our] sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Romans 5:18 - Therefore as by the offence of one [judgment came] upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one [the free gift came] upon all men unto justification of life.

Romans 4:5 - But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

Romans 3:26 - To declare, [I say], at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.

Romans 3:25 - Whom God hath set forth [to be] a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;

Romans 3:23 - For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Romans 3:22 - Even the righteousness of God [which is] by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

Romans 3:21 - But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

Romans 3:10 - As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:

Acts 2:38 - Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

John 14:6 - Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

John 1:14 - And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Matthew 5:48 - Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

Ezekiel 33:12 - Therefore, thou son of man, say unto the children of thy people, The righteousness of the righteous shall not deliver him in the day of his transgression: as for the wickedness of the wicked, he shall not fall thereby in the day that he turneth from his wickedness; neither shall the righteous be able to live for his [righteousness] in the day that he sinneth.

Isaiah 64:6 - But we are all as an unclean [thing], and all our righteousnesses [are] as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.

Revelation 14:1-20 - And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Zion, and with him an hundred forty [and] four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads. (Read More...)

Revelation 2:10 - Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer: behold, the devil shall cast [some] of you into prison, that ye may be tried; and ye shall have tribulation ten days: be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life.

1 John 5:3 - For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

1 John 3:4 - Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

1 John 2:29 - If ye know that he is righteous, ye know that every one that doeth righteousness is born of him.

2 Peter 3:9 - The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

1 Peter 2:9 - But ye [are] a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:

Hebrews 1:3 - Who being the brightness of [his] glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

Philippians 1:23 - For I am in a strait betwixt two, having a desire to depart, and to be with Christ; which is far better:

Ephesians 2:8-10 - For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: [it is] the gift of God: (Read More...)

Galatians 2:21 - I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness [come] by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

2 Corinthians 5:1 - For we know that if our earthly house of [this] tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.

1 Corinthians 6:9 - Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

Romans 11:6 - And if by grace, then [is it] no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if [it be] of works, then is it no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.

Romans 10:4 - For Christ [is] the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.

Romans 6:23 - For the wages of sin [is] death; but the gift of God [is] eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Romans 4:6 - Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works,

Romans 3:31 - Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

Romans 3:28 - Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.

Romans 3:27 - Where [is] boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith.

Romans 3:24 - Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

Romans 3:21-26 - But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets; (Read More...)

Romans 3:20 - Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law [is] the knowledge of sin.

Romans 1:16 - For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

Acts 17:30 - And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:

Acts 15:1-41 - And certain men which came down from Judaea taught the brethren, [and said], Except ye be circumcised after the manner of Moses, ye cannot be saved. (Read More...)

John 20:31 - But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

John 20:28 - And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.

John 10:33 - The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.

John 5:28-29 - Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, (Read More...)

John 3:36 - He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

John 1:12 - But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, [even] to them that believe on his name:

John 1:1 - In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Luke 1:6 - And they were both righteous before God, walking in all the commandments and ordinances of the Lord blameless.

Matthew 1:21 - And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.

Zechariah 3:1 - And he shewed me Joshua the high priest standing before the angel of the LORD, and Satan standing at his right hand to resist him.

Habakkuk 1:13 - [Thou art] of purer eyes than to behold evil, and canst not look on iniquity: wherefore lookest thou upon them that deal treacherously, [and] holdest thy tongue when the wicked devoureth [the man that is] more righteous than he?

Daniel 8:14 - And he said unto me, Unto two thousand and three hundred days; then shall the sanctuary be cleansed.

Ezekiel 18:23 - Have I any pleasure at all that the wicked should die? saith the Lord GOD: [and] not that he should return from his ways, and live?

Ezekiel 18:4 - Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die.

Genesis 15:6 - And he believed in the LORD; and he counted it to him for righteousness.

Because of us accepting Jesus as our Savior, His perfect righteousness is imputed to us and in God the Father;s eyes we are made perfect spiritually.

^That is a good collection of verses.^ Thank you.
Whenever a person, no matter how drenched in sin they are, accepts Christ into their lives their sins are marked, "paid in full at the cross", and the righteousness of the one that paid for those sins is transferred on to that person. We look like Christ to our Father. He sees, not what we did, but what His Son did.

When a person should make that transition is right now. Sin will not enter Heaven, and you may not be here tomorrow. Unless you have been given your expiration date, you are playing Russian roulette with your eternity. God sure didn't. He paid our debt, and offered the access to a blissful forever as a gift. Be gracious enough to accept your gift, and live.

Not doing so is like being voted off the island with the immunity idol in your pocket.
You could have been saved, but refused to use the only thing that saves you.

Last edited:

New Topics

Forum List

Back