Pelosi: Obama should govern from the middle

You know, I respect that he won, but these people better not start fucking patronizing me. If Obama governs from the left(which he will by his own proposals) and they try to pass it off as the 'center', my head will fucking explode.

Question .. You liked Reagan, right?

Did he govern from the middle?

No .. he did not. He quickly got into an agenda cherished by the right from the first day he took office. Destroying unions was high on the list and he took care of that with the quickness. He didn't care what the left or middle thought about his economic policies. Reagan is heralded by right as the greatest leader since Jesus .. and more specifically, they cherish him because he had the balls to stand on his principles and govern the way the people who supported him elected him to govern.

The Democratic Party is chock full of weak-kneed cowards and Pelosi is one of them. Why is she giving advice? They don't have the courage to stand on anything. Every goddamn time they get in office they run to the fucking center, just like Clinton .. and every time they run there, they lose control of power and government, just like Clinton. When Clinton took office democrats controlled government. They have 57 seats in the Senate and 258 seats in the House, much as they do now. By the very next election, republcans had regained control of both houses. Clinton did not govern from the left. He talked left, governed right. In fact, he created the republican wing of the Democratic Party, the DLC.

After the DLC and centrist politics led the Democratic Party to monumentally embarrassing election loses in 1996, 1998, 2000, 2002, and 2004, democratic voters on the left[/], the democratic wing of the Democratic Party (Dean, MoveON, anti-war movement, and those who had enough of the DLC and centrist politics), became a force that led democrats to surprising victories in 2006. That very same force drove Obama to the nomination over the powerful Clintons, the masterminds of the DLC. One of the biggest reasons I supported him in the primaries was when the DLC tried to court him after his speech at the convention, he rejected them and told them to take his name off their "rising star" list. Cool, sounds like a leader.

During the general, the vast majority of that force from the left closed their eyes, ears, and mouths and spoke no evil about his sudden turn to the right. It was at this point that I abandoned ship. I've heard this song before, I already know how it ends.

My point is that if ever a president had a mandate, Obama would be it. He has a mandate to govern as the people who elected him expect him to govern, not like those who didn't vote for him expect him to govern. I didn't vote for him so I have no expectations that he would, or should, govern as I think he should.

Centrist politics are the politics of losers. Winners should forge ahead with an agenda meant to accomplish stated goals, irrespective of what those who didn't support those politics believe. Republicans have the courage to do just that. Their problems came because they got drunk with so much power.

But even more importantly, this dance we always play of democrats and republicans is contrived. The puppetmasters pull the strings and we all dance. The trap of two-party politics has successfully allowed those behind the curtains to purchase the American government .. and unfortunately, the American people do not have the courage to free ourselves from it.

Last edited:
Doubtful. Everytime I see Nancy Pelosi speak, it's like watching a deer in the headlights.

that's cause she's so botoxified she cannot close her eyes, they probably have to put saline pads on them at night so they don't dry out when she sleeps.

I understand your concern about being patronized. On the other hand, the right needs to stop saying that the country is right of center, when on every issue, it isn't... it's center, but whether it's left of center or right of center depends on the issue.

I think Pelosi just knows that Obama IS going to govern from the center and she's afraid of looking weak.

Good point. I hope you are right because I don't want to see a repeat of 1996 in 4 years. But you know what absolute power does to people. That is my biggest fear. That the Dems shoot themselves in the foot just as the Republican have done.

Thank you Booooosh for helping elect President Obama.

Are you fucking kidding me?

Who the hell does she think she is, Obama knows he cant govern from the far left without alienating some of congress. I cant stand this fricken lady and I wish he would remove her from Speaker, she has her own agenda and I think we will see Obama put her in her place.

Question .. You liked Reagan, right?

Did he govern from the middle?

No .. he did not. He quickly got into an agenda cherished by the right from the first day he took office. Destroying unions was high on the list and he took care of that with the quickness. He didn't care what the left or middle thought about his economic policies. Reagan is heralded by right as the greatest leader since Jesus .. and more specifically, they cherish him because he had the balls to stand on his principles and govern the way the people who supported him elected him to govern.

The Democratic Party is chock full of weak-kneed cowards and Pelosi is one of them. Why is she giving advice? They don't have the courage to stand on anything. Every goddamn time they get in office they run to the fucking center, just like Clinton .. and every time they run there, they lose control of power and government, just like Clinton. When Clinton took office democrats controlled government. They have 57 seats in the Senate and 258 seats in the House, much as they do now. By the very next election, republcans had regained control of both houses. Clinton did not govern from the left. He talked left, governed right. In fact, he created the republican wing of the Democratic Party, the DLC.

After the DLC and centrist politics led the Democratic Party to monumentally embarrassing election loses in 1996, 1998, 2000, 2002, and 2004, democratic voters on the left[/], the democratic wing of the Democratic Party (Dean, MoveON, anti-war movement, and those who had enough of the DLC and centrist politics), became a force that led democrats to surprising victories in 2006. That very same force drove Obama to the nomination over the powerful Clintons, the masterminds of the DLC. One of the biggest reasons I supported him in the primaries was when the DLC tried to court him after his speech at the convention, he rejected them and told them to take his name off their "rising star" list. Cool, sounds like a leader.

During the general, the vast majority of that force from the left closed their eyes, ears, and mouths and spoke no evil about his sudden turn to the right. It was at this point that I abandoned ship. I've heard this song before, I already know how it ends.

My point is that if ever a president had a mandate, Obama would be it. He has a mandate to govern as the people who elected him expect him to govern, not like those who didn't vote for him expect him to govern. I didn't vote for him so I have no expectations that he would, or should, govern as I think he should.

Centrist politics are the politics of losers. Winners should forge ahead with an agenda meant to accomplish stated goals, irrespective of what those who didn't support those politics believe. Republicans have the courage to do just that. Their problems came because they got drunk with so much power.

But even more importantly, this dance we always play of democrats and republicans is contrived. The puppetmasters pull the strings and we all dance. The trap of two-party politics has successfully allowed those behind the curtains to purchase the American government .. and unfortunately, the American people do not have the courage to free ourselves from it.

By Jove, I think you are right! :clap2:

Forum List

Back