Pelosi: Obama should govern from the middle

karl rove is gone, deal with it. Democrats are in charge, and that's been Pretty much Pelosi's modus operendi up until now. so I say full speed ahead, kick those republicans to the curb. let's get er done! And I think Republicans should "cooperate" and let them do their thang. See if it works out! That shouldn't be a problem should it? Since as we've been told repeatedly that we are now in the "minority" and "do not matter" Yes, shit ass Republicans should just relax. well, after they hide their money anyway.

Karl Rove isn't gone. He'll regroup and be back way before the lunatic rightwingnuts ideas are. I do, however, celebrate his being temporarily neutralized.

Now perhaps the republicans can get back to being the smart guys in the room and shake the loonies like you off like a bad cold.

And those would be...?

That we are weak on national security and terrorism. Or that somehow you are better.

That we are less fiscally responsible than you.

That our policies will ruin the economy when in fact your policies have ruined the middle class.

That we can't when in fact YES WE CAN!

Karl Rove isn't gone. He'll regroup and be back way before the lunatic rightwingnuts ideas are. I do, however, celebrate his being temporarily neutralized.

Now perhaps the republicans can get back to being the smart guys in the room and shake the loonies like you off like a bad cold.

Republicans have never been the smart guys in the room are ye nuts? Everything and I mean everything that is wrong is the Republicans fault. Democrats are the smart ones and are blameless for absolutely anything and everthing. So now Democrats, let's get er done!

You know, I respect that he won, but these people better not start fucking patronizing me. If Obama governs from the left(which he will by his own proposals) and they try to pass it off as the 'center', my head will fucking explode.
Why should you be surprised? To the Left, anything short of fascism is to be termed "moderate".

I understand your concern about being patronized. On the other hand, the right needs to stop saying that the country is right of center, when on every issue, it isn't... it's center, but whether it's left of center or right of center depends on the issue.

I think Pelosi just knows that Obama IS going to govern from the center and she's afraid of looking weak.

Hmmm...every issue...you mean like the Gay Marriage Ban which PASSED IN CALIFORNIA where celebrities were pouring money in to pass it?

As usual,you're full of shit. Americans voted Dems in this election....but on ISSUES they voted, as they will if the issues are posed conservatively to them....CONSERVATIVELY.

"There are many earmarks that are very worthy. All of mine, as a matter of fact " Nancy Pelosi

She voted against authorizing the president to go to war in October 2002, she has voted for every single war appropiation bill, save one.

She voted FOR the first USA Patriot Act

March 20, 2003 - The day after the war on Iraq was launched, as thousands upon thousands of her constituents were marching in the streets of San Francisco protesting the unilateral invasion, Pelosi was in Congress condemning the demonstrators. She voted that very day for a resolution declaring "unequivocal support and appreciation to the president...for his firm leadership and decisive action." And she used her leadership position in Congress to urge others to sign on to the resolution.

Democrats will energize America by declaring energy independence, and we will begin by rolling back the billions of dollars of tax cuts for oil and energy companies in America. We will then proceed on our energy independence agenda. Democrats will energize America. America's farmers will fuel America's independence of energy -- on foreign oil. And we intend to achieve energy independence within 10 years. That's is our commitment.

Voted NO on scheduling permitting for new oil refinieries.

Rep. RANGEL: It's absolutely ridiculous to believe that we can create jobs without trade. I had the opportunity to travel to Peru recently. I saw firsthand how important this agreement is to Peru and how this agreement will strengthen an important ally of ours in that region. Peru is resisting the efforts of Venezuela's authoritarian President Hugo Chavez to wage a war of words and ideas in Latin America against the US. Congress should acknowledge the support of the people of Peru and pass this legislation by a strong margin.

"I regret that I cannot vote for this bill tonight because it does not put human rights on an equal footing with environmental and labor protections. "

I can go on and on forever with Nancy Pelosi that represents a region of the country that refused a US Navy Ship as a memorial to WW2 Vets because it reminded them of quote " Bush's Illegal war in Iraq" and with the full support of Nancy Pelosi. Now this person is imploring the soon to be new President to govern from the middle. While this is something that Nancy Pelosi is completely incapable of doing, it does have some merit in that she does recognize that one of the biggest mistakes that Bill Clinton did when he took office was to run to the left immediatly and thus in the mid term elections it cause the House to shift. I am sure Ms. Pelosi is doing this as not to have this happen, so again it does make sense. As for her ability to do so, that reamins to be seen, but if I have her last two years as Speaker to guage that on then I have my doubts based on cutting off debate on legislation, 1 hour introductions of Bills, and not allowing amendments to legislation. That is not what I would call bi-partisan. Mind, you this does not excuse the performance of the Republicans when they had control, but this let's get back at them attitude is self perpetuating and will continue if someone does step up to stop it. In the end the only people who are harmed in this are you and I.

Nancy Pelosi doesn't even know what the middle is. Neither does Obama, for that matter. We're screwed for at least the next 2 years.

Nancy Pelosi doesn't even know what the middle is. Neither does Obama, for that matter. We're screwed for at least the next 2 years.
Carter screwed us for longer than that. This is likely to be much worse, simply due to our dependence on foreign oil. Then there's the huge drain from the health care bill and new social programs. Plus it will harder to get rid of a black guy with the affirmative action attitudes that prevail.

Well maybe she can tell us where Canada is, most of we republican red neck Americans don't know where Canada is.

We're not screwed.

Remember these are Democrats. Obama is going to be in for a rude awakening, as all presidents experience in their first term; and we'll gain Congress in two years, which will be here before you know it. In that time the left will bumble about and make Americans madder and madder.

But it's not the end of the world.

We're not screwed.

Remember these are Democrats. Obama is going to be in for a rude awakening, as all presidents experience in their first term; and we'll gain Congress in two years, which will be here before you know it. In that time the left will bumble about and make Americans madder and madder.

But it's not the end of the world.

Actually I think it's gonna be fun!

New Topics

Forum List

Back