Pelosi: Obama should govern from the middle

CrimsonWhite

*****istrator Emeritus
Mar 13, 2006
Guntucky
Are you fucking kidding me?

(CNN) -- House Speaker Nancy Pelosi on Wednesday called on President-elect Barack Obama to govern from the middle, as her party sat poised to gain its widest House majority in 15 years.

According to projections, Democrats in the House were on track Wednesday to increase their majority by at least 18 seats, a margin that would give Obama a formidable tool to push his legislative agenda after his January 20 inauguration.

Democrats took at least 22 seats from Republicans in Tuesday's election, with the GOP taking four seats from the Democrats, according to CNN projections.

With winners yet to be called for eight of the House's 435 seats, Democrats were projected to win 254 seats, with Republicans having 173.

"I don't know what the final number will be," Pelosi said during a Wednesday afternoon news conference on Capitol Hill. "But it will be well over 250. It's a signal of the change that the American people want."

Pelosi, D-California, said she hoped Obama would "bring people together to reach consensus" on issues that concern Americans. "A new president must govern from the middle," she said.

Pelosi: Obama should govern from the middle - CNN.com

If her tits were only brains------

:cuckoo:

You know, I respect that he won, but these people better not start fucking patronizing me. If Obama governs from the left(which he will by his own proposals) and they try to pass it off as the 'center', my head will fucking explode.

I mean...Pelosi's absolutely right. He SHOULD govern from the middle. I mean THE middle, not what that fucked up bitch considers to be the middle.

Now why would Obama govern from the middle. Did George Bush give a sh*t about the Democrats the six years his party had complete control? No, he didn't. He rode right over all the opposition and smiled.

But now that the Dems win total control, they should moderate. Please!

You know, I respect that he won, but these people better not start fucking patronizing me. If Obama governs from the left(which he will by his own proposals) and they try to pass it off as the 'center', my head will fucking explode.

IMO, Pelosi is the most dangerous individual in ALL of Congress. How she ever became the Speaker of the house eludes me. Everything that comes out of that woman’s mouth is gibberish, regurgitated feces. If I had my way, she’d be banned from entering DC.

If something ever happens and "they" get Bama and Obiden, we are in serious serious trouble. If that ever comes to pass, I may have to buy some property next to that tract Bush bought down there in SA because this would not be a place where I would want to be.

I don’t know what those dimwits were thinking when they elected her but, it’s a good example of their lack of good judgment.

Now why would Obama govern from the middle. Did George Bush give a sh*t about the Democrats the six years his party had complete control? No, he didn't. He rode right over all the opposition and smiled.

I'm with your buddy. I think the Democrats should just say fuck you Republicans, you've been in power long enough we don't need you and your ilk. We need the approval of the rest of the world and that's all we need. Now shut up and open yer wallet."

you are absolutely right! Bush and the Republican led Congress did exactly what they wanted for 6 years. When Bush said he wanted bipartisan government what he meant is he wanted the Democrats to go along with him and the Republicans. It is hysterical that NOW the Republicans want cooperation and bipartisanship :lol:

BUT, Obama is NOT Bush, thank God! and just because Bush did it that way does not mean Obama should too, just because he can.

I think he WILL govern from a bipartisan perspective and I think he will reach out to Republicans and listen to their ideas and concerns and he will with them just as he will the Democrats.

Pelosi is right, he should. If he can, dems will keep the WH and congress.

there is an opportunity right now to build a stronger coalition of citizens within the democratic party. Dems can potentially increase their share of the electorate but only if obama moves right.

i'll be curious to see if they take the opportunity in front of them.

They misquoted her. What she actually said was, "I think Obama should govern from the middle of the extreme far left". :D

You're worried because America is going to find out that you and your kind have been lying about the Democrats all these years. You scared people away from voting for the moderate party and instead they voted for your extremist party, and the PARTY is over.

Just stick with fiscal responsibility and lower taxes. That's a good message.

All the other stuff? Shut the fuck up!:badgrin:

you are absolutely right! Bush and the Republican led Congress did exactly what they wanted for 6 years. When Bush said he wanted bipartisan government what he meant is he wanted the Democrats to go along with him and the Republicans. It is hysterical that NOW the Republicans want cooperation and bipartisanship :lol:

BUT, Obama is NOT Bush, thank God! and just because Bush did it that way does not mean Obama should too, just because he can.

I think he WILL govern from a bipartisan perspective and I think he will reach out to Republicans and listen to their ideas and concerns and he will with them just as he will the Democrats.

that's not what I want. I want Pelosi and obamalama to say "Fuck those Republicans" we are gonna do what we want when we want it. That's what I want.

I understand your concern about being patronized. On the other hand, the right needs to stop saying that the country is right of center, when on every issue, it isn't... it's center, but whether it's left of center or right of center depends on the issue.

I think Pelosi just knows that Obama IS going to govern from the center and she's afraid of looking weak.

that's not what I want. I want Pelosi and obamalama to say "Fuck those Republicans" we are gonna do what we want when we want it. That's what I want.

Why do you want that? I assume so they fail - yes?

so you want the democrats to get into karl rove's sewer?

piss on that. that's for the rightwingnuts....

karl rove is gone, deal with it. Democrats are in charge, and that's been Pretty much Pelosi's modus operendi up until now. so I say full speed ahead, kick those republicans to the curb. let's get er done! And I think Republicans should "cooperate" and let them do their thang. See if it works out! That shouldn't be a problem should it? Since as we've been told repeatedly that we are now in the "minority" and "do not matter" Yes, shit ass Republicans should just relax. well, after they hide their money anyway.

New Topics

Forum List

Back