Pedro Martinez Rips Ned Yost For Nearly Costing Royals.lol.

LA RAM FAN

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2008
Man some things never change in kansas city with the royals.its amazing that the royals have gotten as far as they have.

they won that playoff game the other night DESPITE the managing of ned yost not because of him. they got this far despite him,not because of him.

Its funny that pedro is saying the same thing about Yost myself and other royal fans have the last couple years.:biggrin:

Pedro Martinez Kills Ned Yost On TBS Postgame Show

I said somethings never change in the history of the royals because thats the way it was back in the 1970's as well when they had all those great playoff teams that won their division.they always got to the playoffs and won their division for many years in spite of whitey herzogs managing.Not because of him.

He always made costly managing decisions that cost the royals playoff games against the yankees.Paul splittorf would be mowing them down late in the innings baffling the yankee hitters and herzog would take him out cause he was doing so well and bring in a relieverwho would blow the game for them everytime.

I would always say to everyone-"if Kauffman would just get rid of that idiot whitey herzog we could beat the yankees."and sure enough,the proof was in the pudding that that was all they needed to do because kauffman eventually did get rid of herzog and the next time they faced the yankees in the playoffs they finally beat them in three straight.:biggrin: the royals never got swept by them,they always took them to 5 games except one of them taking them to 4 games.

Kauffman wanted to get rid of him sooner after the first time they lost to them in the playoffs but had to wait a few years till they finished second to justify the move.

herzog in the first playoff series cost them from going to their first world series and kauffman told him back then-"you just cost us a chance to go to the world series.we may never have the chance to get back there again thanks to you."

He was angry with him justifiably so. somethings never change around here,Once again the royals as they did back in the 70's find themselves having to win games DESPITE their manager not because of him.

Pedro Martinez is one of my favorite players ever!

Knowing he is helping with the playoff coverage might make me tune in to the games in which I have little interest.

Forum List

Back