Peanut Butter...

I grasp the reference immediately! 😎

I grasp the reference immediately! 😎

large.png

Ever eat at Johnny's on Ventura Ave?

The shredded beef burrito has peanut butter in it.

That's not surprising really, I've experimented with it in my chili. I didn't care for it, but it wasn't terrible either.

Can't say I ever made it to Johnny's. My go to Mexican was Lupe's in Thousand Oaks or, much closer to home, El Tecolote in Camarillo. By buddy and I would hit Tito's Tacos when we were going to concerts or a King's game.

Okay, let's get into the real important stuff here.

When it comes to peanut butter, are you a creamy or chunky peanut butter person?

What brand?

Personally, I go for Jif creamy peanut butter. After that it would be Skippy, but always creamy. A distant third would be Peter Pan. And, when it comes to jelly (for the all-important PB&J), it's gotta' be Welch's grape jelly.

So, where do you stand on this?
I go back and forth from creamy to crunchy. Have to have some sort of jelly on it. As far as brand goes what's on sale.

I go back and forth from creamy to crunchy. Have to have some sort of jelly on it. As far as brand goes what's on sale.

I liked chunky as a kid. I guess it was when I was in high school that I started to prefer the creamy variety.

And I'm pretty brand specific. For me, Jif's about as good as it gets...

I just go for the real peanut butter whatever it may be. If you read the ingredients on the back of the cheaper brands like Jiff, you'll see they don't even have peanut oil in it. It was replaced with some other type of oil so you don't have to stir it up. I'm thinking that probably isnt too healthful

Hehehe... I smoked for 35 years. I don't get too concerned about "healthful"!

That's not surprising really, I've experimented with it in my chili. I didn't care for it, but it wasn't terrible either.

Can't say I ever made it to Johnny's. My go to Mexican was Lupe's in Thousand Oaks or, much closer to home, El Tecolote in Camarillo. By buddy and I would hit Tito's Tacos when we were going to concerts or a King's game.
I lived in T.O and Newbury Park area for two stents. One late 70s early 80s again late 80s early 90s. Strange but don't really remember the names of the restaurants I went to. I use to eat at the red onion there by the oaks mall. I guess at the time I didn't eat out a lot. Seemed like the grill was always fired up.

I liked chunky as a kid. I guess it was when I was in high school that I started to prefer the creamy variety.

And I'm pretty brand specific. For me, Jif's about as good as it gets...
I spend 12 some times 16 hours a day on the water during fishing season. Peanut butter is by far the easiest thing to pack. I dress up Peanut butter just about any way Imaginable during fishing season. I eat a lot of deer Jerky and sommer sausage most years also. Last year at this time I had 1 buck and four does processed by this time. This year zero. Looks like more Peanut butter than usual coming up.

When it comes to peanut butter, are you a creamy or chunky peanut butter person?

What brand?

Personally, I go for Jif creamy peanut butter. After that it would be Skippy, but always creamy. A distant third would be Peter Pan. And, when it comes to jelly (for the all-important PB&J), it's gotta' be Welch's grape jelly.

I prefer creamy peanut butter too. Jif is best for peanut butter cookies, and Skippy for sammiches.

I lived in T.O and Newbury Park area for two stents. One late 70s early 80s again late 80s early 90s. Strange but don't really remember the names of the restaurants I went to. I use to eat at the red onion there by the oaks mall. I guess at the time I didn't eat out a lot. Seemed like the grill was always fired up.

I lived in T.O., N.P, Simi Valley, Camarillo, and Canoga Park from the late '70s to 2009. I remember The Red Onion well.

But I was born in Ohio and spent summers in Chillicothe...

MD 20/20 has an airy, fragrant essence that brings out the true flavor of the peanut butter.

I'd go with Night Train Express, but considering how the alcohol content of California reds is now 15-16%, any old CA red will soon be a defacto fortified wine.

Elvis Peanut Butter & Banana Sandwich

Ingredients:

2 Tablespoons Peanutbutter

2 slices Thick Toast bread 1 Ripe Banana

This definitely makes me miss the KFOG feature "Breakfast with Elvis"...I think that M. Dung was the DJ. RIP KFOG.

What brand?

Used to eat fresh ground from the co-op where I bought all my organic groceries. I can no longer eat nuts and it's really unfair!

As a kid, my favorite sandwich was peanut butter and honey.

I lived in T.O., N.P, Simi Valley, Camarillo, and Canoga Park from the late '70s to 2009. I remember The Red Onion well.

But I was born in Ohio and spent summers in Chillicothe...
I also spent most my time in Ohio. Columbus and Toledoish. Oak harbor, Port Clinton to be more specific. My time in California were usually to play baseball. Spent some time at Zuma Beach but most my time was spent around a baseball field. Grilled a boat load. Use to get tritips from the meat store there in Newbury Park. Would go over the hill to Camarillo to get strawberry. Hard telling how many strawberry pies I ate while living there

Forum List

Back