A SUPER FOOD Bread I Just Made

CarlinAnnArbor

Diamond Member
Aug 15, 2016
I've been looking for a good way to get lentils in my diet. They are considered a super food and are known to be effective in fighting many cancers.

The problem is, I don't like them very much, until I stumbled on this recipe. This stuff is great especially if you're supposed to be watching your blood sugar. I will be making this often!

You can do this with pretty much any vegetable. You can even make your own vegetable "flour" by putting dried veggie bits into a coffee grinder or a super awesome food processor that can puree them into a flour.

I would suggest making your own flavored "butters". I love I Cant Believe Its Not Butter, so I use that for my butter and oil purposes.

I love Honey Butter.
One cup of ICBINB with two table spoons of your favority honey.
Mix well with a fork and put into a small airtight container. Place in fridge until needed.

You can make your own flavored butters with herbs, spices, pepper, powdered Ranch dressing mix, maple syrup, pancake syrup, or food flavorings.

The good thing about these kinds of "flatbreads", is they are easily stored in airtight containers and put in the freezer. Just be sure to put a piece of wax paper or plastic wrap between each one so they dont stick together.

You can do this with pretty much any vegetable. You can even make your own vegetable "flour" by putting dried veggie bits into a coffee grinder or a super awesome food processor that can puree them into a flour.

I would suggest making your own flavored "butters". I love I Cant Believe Its Not Butter, so I use that for my butter and oil purposes.

I love Honey Butter.
Mix well with a fork and put into a small airtight container. Place in fridge until needed.

You can make your own flavored butters with herbs, spices, pepper, powdered Ranch dressing mix, maple syrup, pancake syrup, or food flavorings.

The good thing about these kinds of "flatbreads", is they are easily stored in airtight containers and put in the freezer. Just be sure to put a piece of wax paper or plastic wrap between each one so they dont stick together.

OP's photo looks really yummy!

I love your idea of making veggie flours! I am allowed only a very limited variety of veggies and I never knew I'd miss them so much.

Your flavored butters sound great too.

I love Honey Butter.

I added Italian seasoning for flavor. I'm getting ready to make another batch to make a pizza out of it.

I've been looking for a good way to get lentils in my diet. They are considered a super food and are known to be effective in fighting many cancers.

The problem is, I don't like them very much, until I stumbled on this recipe. This stuff is great especially if you're supposed to be watching your blood sugar. I will be making this often!

My mom made lentils with stew meat. I loved them. Very simple, but if you don't like lentils, you probably wouldn't like this dish either. My wife doesn't like the texture of cooked lentils (or hominy), so I don't get either unless someone else cooks them or I do.

My mom made lentils with stew meat. I loved them. Very simple, but if you don't like lentils, you probably wouldn't like this dish either. My wife doesn't like the texture of cooked lentils (or hominy), so I don't get either unless someone else cooks them or I do.
I used to add them to my beef stew. I still add them to my vegetable stew, but not in this quantity. I don't MIND them, but I don't "like" them. This is a Pretty good way to get a good serving of lentils that actually taste good (to me anyway)

Forum List

Back