Peaceful protesters killed in Bahrain today

bahrain.jpg

copy_of_bahrain_financial_galleryfull

bahrain_hotels.jpg

I loved Bahrain, good clean place, hot women and good booze, one of the better Arab countries I been to, I am sad to hear that it has problems.

What took you to the Middle East, work or pleasure.

Women and Booze, is that, foreign women or local, just curious as to how Moslem the place is.

I was in the Military for 7 years, I was only in Bahrain for a few days but loved it. Bahrain is a Muslim country but they have night clubs and drinking, like the UAE.

bahrain1_wide.jpg

women.jpg

Armed patrols and tanks appeared in the streets of Bahrain's capital for the first time Thursday after anti-riot police with tear gas and shotguns drove protesters from a main square where they had demanded political change in this tiny kingdom. Medical officials said at least four people were killed.

Hours after the attack on Manama's main Pearl Square, the military announced on state TV that it had taken control of "key parts" of the capital and banned gatherings after days of demonstrations for greater public and political freedoms in the Shiite-dominated, Sunni-ruled country.

"The grief is turning to anger very rapidly here," NPR's Peter Kenyon reported from the capital.

Protests in Libya and Yemen also reportedly resulted in clashes Thursday as anti-government unrest continued to sweep through the Middle East and Northern Africa.

Police Assault On Bahrain Protest Turns Deadly : NPR

we dont need your fake sympathy.

We don't need your fake Islam.... but we tolerate it because we are an open society.... unlike yours. :lol:

The OP came on this board asking for help. He's getting it. All you do is promote hatred... you are the reason that some people in the west dislike Islam. Your ignorance is pathetic. There is no excuse for it. You have access to the internet. Use it to educate yourself on the west. We're a cool bunch of people.... and.... we're free!

:popcorn: lol

California girl is right, you come on here and just spew hatred of everyone and you post your opinions about what you believe to be true about Americans but its not, you have been lied to your whole life. You really know less than zero about Americans and maybe you should try to come on here with more of an open mind and talk to people instead of cussing and spewing hate.

So, Bahrain, what should we do, it seems that about eighty years ago we should of been a lot more forceful with our policies and supported building Republics instead of following President Wilson's ideas of self-determination of peoples.

What is the education of the people, that matters, if they have never been educated properly are they able to run a Republic or Democracy? What about the religous differences between the people, is the Army Sunni attacking Shia?

So many questions, how about the price of milk, butter, and bread. I would love to know the price of food. How much for a Kilo of rice or Beans. Is the price of food at all a concern of the people.

Clashes rock Bahraini capital - Middle East - Al Jazeera English

Ruled and dominated by a Sunni minority, Bahrain has a Shia majority population. Tension between the two communities has been festering for years.

To balance the population, the government is accused of granting thousands of citizenships to Sunni workers. Saeed said this continues to be a source of deep tension.

We don't have a 'news blackout', it's just not being reported because the US media doesn't see Bahrain as a strategically important ally, like Egypt is. But what we can do, is bombard the US Media and ask them why they are not covering the protests in Bahrain. Seems to me, it would help put pressure on their government if our media would run the story.

Guys, email the media - left or right - just throw out some emails and ask them to cover it.

Call it what you want, I call it a news black out, what happened in Eucador today, how about Niteroi, have you heard our crime has gone up do to the Olympics coming to town.

Put pressure on a government, seems like we should keep our fingers out unless we have a clear plan, our time to help has passed, at least in a meaningful way.

We could of helped by using more oil to increase production of food, we could of helped by not diverting corn to Ethanol, we could of helped by increasing our industry and reducing our tax burden.

The more success and the higher standard of living we enjoy the better the better the World does in return.

I know, we can send Hillary Clinton in, of course Arabs never negotiate with women so that is a bad idea. Hell, send Obama, he gave a speech in Cairo, maybe a speech would help.

Not a news blackout, you are kidding yourself. I live in the third world, I know news is not reported. We have 24/7 news, a dozen channels, have you heard that the old USSR Communist party of Brazil campaigns openly and with government money hear in Brazil. Seems like big news, did you hear we have record soy bean production this year, I beleive they have surpassed the USA. That is huge news, Third World countries are surpassing the USA in the production of food for the first time in history.

Our media ran stories about Allah depicted in a cartoon, what was the result, a few dead in protests.

Last thing we need is our lousy media covering anything, that includes Fox news.

I personally find 95% of Fox news to suck, I never watch Fox unless I am stuck in a hotel and aint got nothing else to watch.

RT is actually a better news channel then Fox, Thats the Russian Times I beleive. I see that when while in Spain.

There is not news blackout, its just a murder story in the Caribean needs 24/7 news coverage and what is happening in the World is best kept from the people we wish to manipulate and control.

There is no 'news blackout' on the western media. They're running the story about Bahrain.

Personally, I would like to see some statement from our government about it. Obama was quick to call for Mubarak to resign... before he backed away from that stance... and then went back to calling for him to resign.

If he was supportive of Egypt's protests, he should be coming out and talking about the rest of the countries who are trying to make things better for themselves. Seems pretty straightforward to me.... unless of course, there's more important things than the freedom of ordinary people across the ME.

Of course your right, there is no news blackout, so tell us about the analysis of Bahrain you heard on the news two weeks ago.

The Bahrain government will continue to have problems.

As long as they allow infidel armies to have bases there.

And blatantly condone alcohol and other sordid vices in the land of the Prophet.

Hopefully, the people will rise up and reinstate an Islamic government. :cool:

And blatantly condone alcohol and other sordid vices in the land of the Prophet.

The protests have nothing to do with alcohol or the US Forces in the country.

526fad07393313742aaa6ec46e77a873.jpeg

MANAMA, Bahrain – Troops and tanks locked down the capital of this tiny Gulf kingdom after riot police swinging clubs and firing tear gas smashed into demonstrators, many of them sleeping, in a pre-dawn assault Thursday that uprooted their protest camp demanding political change. Medical officials said four people were killed.

Hours after the attack on Manama's main Pearl Square, the military announced a ban on gatherings, saying on state TV that it had "key parts" of the capital under its control.

After several days of holding back, the island nation's Sunni rulers unleashed a heavy crackdown, trying to stamp out the first anti-government upheaval to reach the Arab states of the Gulf since the uprisings in Tunisia and Egypt. In the surprise assault, police tore down protesters' tents, beating men and women inside and blasting some with shotgun sprays of birdshot.

It was a sign of how deeply the Sunni monarchy — and other Arab regimes in the Gulf — fear the repercussions of a prolonged wave of protests, led by members of the country's Shiite majority but also joined by growing numbers of discontented Sunnis.

Bahrain crushes protest camp, locks down capital - Yahoo! News

Seeings how someone somewhere started this thread, I wonder if they are actually in Bahrain, posting on the internet while the country is in Chaos, seems I would be doing anything but posting on the web, the government most definetely captures a hundred percent of the IP addresses that run through the routers so any and every post is being read.

My advice to anyone in Bahrain is to not log onto the internet. Everything is captured by the router, where you live, who you are, what you read, what you post.

Simply browsing or reading web pages is not secure, your government knows who you are and where.

Its pretty stupid, seriously, to be on the internet while the Military is cracking down. I am sure the internet is one of the first forms of Media the government attacks.

Based on this and this alone I can not beleive this user is actually in Bahrain or anywhere in the Middle East.

I could be wrong, that said, how did they find USMB, I doubt they did.

Of course it would look great if USMB could show we are an International community discussing events that are shaping history with the people in Bahrain and Egypt.

I am the skeptic, I say this is a bullshit thread but I will play along.

You want links, what do you need, obviously you can not ask, if I post links, I know your government will see them thus you will be a target. How can I give you a link that will help if you will be arrested?

Tell you what, later tonight I will post some links to things you will you need to know and understand. I will post them much later so you have a chance to read this post and decide if the risk to your safety is worth reading the posts.

That is all I can do for now, alert you to the danger you have placed yourself in and warn that if you have the information I give you it puts you in harms way.

That said private message me, I can give you a personal secure email address, and give you further instructions that will protect yourself while on line.

Again, a public message board is not the site you should use to request links to information you need.

Muslims around the world are appalled at what Baharain has become.

A take over by an Islamic people's party would change the country back to the Islamic state it should be. :cool:

Who is appalled by what Bahrain has become? I was there and it is a lovely country, and I don't see any protestors demanding to be more Islamic.

You are American. you are open society. You are educated.You can analyze the situation in Bahrain.
We are between tow big country in the ME Saudi Arabia and Iran.

Iran have their problems with US and Saudi Arabia support Bin Laden.

But we want to govern ourselves. Not in name of Shia'a.

Some stories talking about putting life people in deaths refrigerate.

A take over by an Islamic people's party would change the country back to the Islamic state it should be. :cool:

Who is appalled by what Bahrain has become? I was there and it is a lovely country, and I don't see any protestors demanding to be more Islamic.
Bahrain has become a sordid Disneyland for Western infidels in the land of the Prophet.

The average citizen hates what their country has become.

And are disgusted that their government allows such anti-Islamic behavior to exist in their country. :evil:

Bahrain has become a sordid Disneyland for Western infidels in the land of the Prophet.

The average citizen hates what their country has become.

And are disgusted that their government allows such anti-Islamic behavior to exist in their country. :evil:

I see the average citizen pissed that their prospects for jobs and equal opportunity are not there, I don't see the protestors complaining about Westerners in their country or anything like that. Plus anti-Islamic behavior like drinking, pre-marital sex, drugs etc. exists in every country regardless of the laws, even Iran and the Saudis have it in their countries.

Last edited:
When you have been in Bahrain, did you visit villages like Sitra, Samaheej, Karzakan, Arad, Shakhura and many villages where people living in poor houses made from woods and thin metal sheets.

Ignore him, he's just trying to derail the thread into yet another bitchfest. Let's not allow that to happen. Let's put Sunni in the 'Idiot Box' and focus on the poor people of Bahrain.

Forum List

Back