Peaceful protesters killed in Bahrain today

We are in a news blackout in the USA. We get just about Zero news, sure they touch a big story when its completely out of hand, but as far as real news, we have none.

Bareed, is your user name an indication as to the problems in your country. Civil Rights of particular groups, I see a book from Lebanon has this word in the title so I am thinking maybe there is a connection, I was going to post a quote but thought it best to know if there is a connection first.

We don't have a 'news blackout', it's just not being reported because the US media doesn't see Bahrain as a strategically important ally, like Egypt is. But what we can do, is bombard the US Media and ask them why they are not covering the protests in Bahrain. Seems to me, it would help put pressure on their government if our media would run the story.

Guys, email the media - left or right - just throw out some emails and ask them to cover it.

Thats a good idea.

tumblr_lgrg2axx1z1qz82gvo1_500.jpg

Mahmoud Makk Abutaki, 23, was said to have been shot and killed on Thursday in Pearl Square. He was kissed by his relatives in a Manama morgue. (Photo: Andrea Bruce / The New York Times)

Bahrain, is a strategically vital nation that hosts the U.S. Navy’s 5th Fleet

We are in a news blackout in the USA. We get just about Zero news, sure they touch a big story when its completely out of hand, but as far as real news, we have none.

Bareed, is your user name an indication as to the problems in your country. Civil Rights of particular groups, I see a book from Lebanon has this word in the title so I am thinking maybe there is a connection, I was going to post a quote but thought it best to know if there is a connection first.

We don't have a 'news blackout', it's just not being reported because the US media doesn't see Bahrain as a strategically important ally, like Egypt is. But what we can do, is bombard the US Media and ask them why they are not covering the protests in Bahrain. Seems to me, it would help put pressure on their government if our media would run the story.

Guys, email the media - left or right - just throw out some emails and ask them to cover it.

Thats a good idea.

Yea, it's pretty easy.... pick your favorite journalists and commentators and drop them a line asking why we're not hearing about it. Target both the hard news programs and the comment programs. I can't think of any that do not have an email address on their websites.

you people only go for your usual entertainment but you dont know anything about what people there are going through.

the protesters their are shia (all of them). they are protesting against the religious discrimination done by the bahraini govt
· Shia only holds 13% of the high official post in the country

· Shia citizens are not allowed to work in the Bahraini Army

· Shia citizens are not allowed to work in the intelligence agency

· Shia citizens are not allowed to work in the in police force

· Shia in Bahrain are not allowed to include their religious believes in the school curriculum

· Shia attendance in the University of Bahrain is above 70% while the majority of them are unemployed as a specific policy of the government.

· The government has made it so difficult for the Shia youth to live in Bahrain where they are forcing them to leave Bahrain to neighboring countries for employment.

· There are 5 ministers out of 25 in the government cabinet.

· The Shia mosques are neglected by the Bahraini government and it is almost impossible to get a permit to build a Shia mosque in the country.

· Shia citizens cannot buy land or house in 48% of the country because the government refuses to allow Shia citizens to purchase land and houses on those areas; like East and West Riffa.

· Shia are not allowed to study Islam according to their sect in the government schools.

· Shia Friday sermons are completely neglected by the government media while Sunni sermons are aired live every Friday.

· When it comes to religious program on the Television; Shia scholars are rarely invited and the government act if the Shia does not exist in the country.

• Thanks
Reactions: Jos
you people only go for your usual entertainment but you dont know anything about what people there are going through.

Snip.

Perhaps if you approached us the way the OP approached us, we would be more sympathetic towards you... instead you make stupid statements about the west - based on the bullshit you are told by your stupid Imams.

Snip.

Perhaps if you approached us the way the OP approached us, we would be more sympathetic towards you... instead you make stupid statements about the west - based on the bullshit you are told by your stupid Imams.

we dont need your fake sympathy.

Snip.

We don't need your fake Islam.... but we tolerate it because we are an open society.... unlike yours. :lol:

The OP came on this board asking for help. He's getting it. All you do is promote hatred... you are the reason that some people in the west dislike Islam. Your ignorance is pathetic. There is no excuse for it. You have access to the internet. Use it to educate yourself on the west. We're a cool bunch of people.... and.... we're free!

We don't need your fake Islam.... but we tolerate it because we are an open society.... unlike yours. :lol:

The OP came on this board asking for help. He's getting it. All you do is promote hatred... you are the reason that some people in the west dislike Islam. Your ignorance is pathetic. There is no excuse for it. You have access to the internet. Use it to educate yourself on the west. We're a cool bunch of people.... and.... we're free!

:popcorn: lol

Bahrain - 14 Feb 2011, Live Rounds & Tear Gas Used on Demonstrators, 14/02/2011

You can hear machine gun fire too

Last edited by a moderator:
within last few years tow Pakistani was killed and within 4 days 6 Bahraini killed. The government does't catch the killer. The king promise people to provide them with houses, better salaries and provide unemployeds with proper jobs but nothing from his promises happened.

People in Bahrain signed on constitution on 2001 and after 1 year he change it.

My understanding is that you don't necessarily want to overthrow your king but that you want a greater say in your government and you want your government to help the Bahraini people more. Is that right?

Yes, we want vote Prime Minister because he hold this position more than 40 years and he ask Business mans 50% from their profits.

Our demand to vote for Prime Minister but if the Gov. going to kill unarmed people we will rise our demands.

Thanks again California Girl

Call it what you want, I call it a news black out, what happened in Eucador today, how about Niteroi, have you heard our crime has gone up do to the Olympics coming to town.

Put pressure on a government, seems like we should keep our fingers out unless we have a clear plan, our time to help has passed, at least in a meaningful way.

We could of helped by using more oil to increase production of food, we could of helped by not diverting corn to Ethanol, we could of helped by increasing our industry and reducing our tax burden.

The more success and the higher standard of living we enjoy the better the better the World does in return.

I know, we can send Hillary Clinton in, of course Arabs never negotiate with women so that is a bad idea. Hell, send Obama, he gave a speech in Cairo, maybe a speech would help.

Not a news blackout, you are kidding yourself. I live in the third world, I know news is not reported. We have 24/7 news, a dozen channels, have you heard that the old USSR Communist party of Brazil campaigns openly and with government money hear in Brazil. Seems like big news, did you hear we have record soy bean production this year, I beleive they have surpassed the USA. That is huge news, Third World countries are surpassing the USA in the production of food for the first time in history.

Our media ran stories about Allah depicted in a cartoon, what was the result, a few dead in protests.

Last thing we need is our lousy media covering anything, that includes Fox news.

I personally find 95% of Fox news to suck, I never watch Fox unless I am stuck in a hotel and aint got nothing else to watch.

RT is actually a better news channel then Fox, Thats the Russian Times I beleive. I see that when while in Spain.

There is not news blackout, its just a murder story in the Caribean needs 24/7 news coverage and what is happening in the World is best kept from the people we wish to manipulate and control.

Thanks all,

Bahrain Gov. slow down internet speed, so may i can't reply frequently to u Qs.

Please post more pics and links.

You are really support us.

The reason the Western media is not presenting the protests in Bahrain is simple.

The government is Sunni and loyal to the U.S.

But the protesters are Shia muslins

The same as the Shia muslims in Iran

So the American government does not want the protests to succeed.

Because a new Shia controlled government would most likely be pro Iranian.

Call it what you want, I call it a news black out, what happened in Eucador today, how about Niteroi, have you heard our crime has gone up do to the Olympics coming to town.

Put pressure on a government, seems like we should keep our fingers out unless we have a clear plan, our time to help has passed, at least in a meaningful way.

We could of helped by using more oil to increase production of food, we could of helped by not diverting corn to Ethanol, we could of helped by increasing our industry and reducing our tax burden.

The more success and the higher standard of living we enjoy the better the better the World does in return.

I know, we can send Hillary Clinton in, of course Arabs never negotiate with women so that is a bad idea. Hell, send Obama, he gave a speech in Cairo, maybe a speech would help.

Not a news blackout, you are kidding yourself. I live in the third world, I know news is not reported. We have 24/7 news, a dozen channels, have you heard that the old USSR Communist party of Brazil campaigns openly and with government money hear in Brazil. Seems like big news, did you hear we have record soy bean production this year, I beleive they have surpassed the USA. That is huge news, Third World countries are surpassing the USA in the production of food for the first time in history.

Our media ran stories about Allah depicted in a cartoon, what was the result, a few dead in protests.

Last thing we need is our lousy media covering anything, that includes Fox news.

I personally find 95% of Fox news to suck, I never watch Fox unless I am stuck in a hotel and aint got nothing else to watch.

RT is actually a better news channel then Fox, Thats the Russian Times I beleive. I see that when while in Spain.

There is not news blackout, its just a murder story in the Caribean needs 24/7 news coverage and what is happening in the World is best kept from the people we wish to manipulate and control.

There is no 'news blackout' on the western media. They're running the story about Bahrain.

Personally, I would like to see some statement from our government about it. Obama was quick to call for Mubarak to resign... before he backed away from that stance... and then went back to calling for him to resign.

If he was supportive of Egypt's protests, he should be coming out and talking about the rest of the countries who are trying to make things better for themselves. Seems pretty straightforward to me.... unless of course, there's more important things than the freedom of ordinary people across the ME.

The reason the Western media is not presenting the protests in Bahrain is simple.

The government is Sunni and loyal to the U.S.

But the protesters are Shia muslins

The same as the Shia muslims in Iran

So the American government does not want the protests to succeed.

Because a new Shia controlled government would most likely be pro Iranian.

They're protesting in Iran too. They've had deaths there as well as Bahrain.

But the end result is that the Muslims are rising up against their rulers. They want to be governed, not ruled.

That's what is important.

Forum List

Back