PC Alert! Middle School Honors Night too "exclusive"

“How else are they suppose to learn coping skills, not just based on success, but relative failure, it might not be failure, but understand what it takes to achieve high levels,” said parent Joe Kosloski.

Celebrate mediocrity. Nobody should be praised for their achievement over anyone else. We should celebrate the "collective success of all students."

Gee, where have I heard that mantra before....

We will only be equal when we are all broke and ignorant.
And we seem to be making strides on both fronts.
Celebrate mediocrity. Nobody should be praised for their achievement over anyone else. We should celebrate the "collective success of all students."

Gee, where have I heard that mantra before....

Yep.

When you cater to the lowest common denominator, that's the direction you go.

Obviously.

Middle school cancels annual honors night.

Don't want to hurt any feelings.

I bet those honors students didn't earn it. Or cheated. Or something.

The decay continues.

Cole Middle School Cancels Honors Night - Schools - East Greenwich, RI Patch

The fix is pretty easy. It's Honors and Most Improved, and you invite all the kids but not all of them get rewarded.

No. What happens when we send all these esteem built up kids out into the real world where their egos will no longer be stroked?

The decay continues.

The fix is pretty easy. It's Honors and Most Improved, and you invite all the kids.

And that's how the PC Police think.

There's nothing PC about that. You are celebrating good grades and good efforts.

Harrison Bergeron is turning into a documentary.

Note, however, that the sports kids still get to have trophy ceremonies.

Brawn, not brains, is still celebrated.

The decay continues.

The fix is pretty easy. It's Honors and Most Improved, and you invite all the kids but not all of them get rewarded.

No. What happens when we send all these esteem built up kids out into the real world where their egos will no longer be stroked?
Did i say stroke everyone? No, I said the exact opposite. If you want to be on stage, work for it.

Did i say stroke everyone? No, I said the exact opposite. If you want to be on stage, work for it.

Then the poor dears left in the audience would feel bad as well.

At a minimum the sports awards thing should be moved to the regular assembly as well.

Forum List

Back