PC Alert! Middle School Honors Night too "exclusive"

No one supports this, thanks.

Paintmyhouse thinks its just groovy.
Well you certainly weren't an Honor's Student, you can't read.

Ranked 2 (top boy) in a class of 35 in my grade school.
Ranked 4 (again top boy) of 390 in my High School\
3.63 (magna cum laude) in Chemical Engineering (B.S)
3.81 (magna again) in Chemical Engineering (M.S.)

Care to go against those credentials you cretin?

Paintmyhouse thinks its just groovy.

I don't need to since you showed everyone you can't read.

I don't need to since you showed everyone you can't read.

So you are against them cancelling the honors night?

Middle school cancels annual honors night.

Don't want to hurt any feelings.

I bet those honors students didn't earn it. Or cheated. Or something.

The decay continues.

Cole Middle School Cancels Honors Night - Schools - East Greenwich, RI Patch

The fix is pretty easy. It's Honors and Most Improved, and you invite all the kids.

And that's how the PC Police think.

How, by changing what was said?

You left off the part when Paint said "but not all of them get rewarded."

Why did you do that? Doesn't that change the whole meaning of what was said? Personally I'd require all the kids to attend and watch those who made honors get the reward for their hard work.

what has a middle school student done to deserve an honors night?
They haven't achieved anything yet.
Give 'em some pizza, tell 'em ... "Nice going, you're only about 6 to eight years away from actually accomplishing something."

This "everyone gets a trophy" mentality is for the birds.

Middle school cancels annual honors night.

Don't want to hurt any feelings.

I bet those honors students didn't earn it. Or cheated. Or something.

The decay continues.

Cole Middle School Cancels Honors Night - Schools - East Greenwich, RI Patch

Boy did you get this one wrong.

They want to students to be honored in way that sets an example for others -- MORE people celebrating their successes.

Reading your fucking articles BEFORE posting….

Instead, students who would normally be recognized at the annual spring tradition will be honored during team-based recognition ceremonies and graduation.

To all of the idiots who think every American kid gets a sports trophy..........try harder. The spirit of competition lives on in this nation. You saw something once about this on a blog or some shit.....and it became gospel to you.

It does not happen beyond the very young ages.......where the goal is to get as many kids interested as possible. Once a kid is 10, he or she learns how they stack up. The ones who don't, don't get invited to play on select teams.

American kids learn every day how to deal wit failure and rejection. They also get praise and awards for jobs well done.

You dummies pick isolated incidents and build them up in your tiny little brains.

Let me tell you something. I'm a liberal and I coach youth sports. My kids go for the jugular. Winning is the only thing. My very liberal daughter is a fierce competitor. Take your dopey stereotypes and shove them up your pansy asses.

“How else are they suppose to learn coping skills, not just based on success, but relative failure, it might not be failure, but understand what it takes to achieve high levels,” said parent Joe Kosloski.

My favorite sentence from the link:

“How else are they suppose to learn coping skills, not just based on success, but relative failure, it might not be failure, but understand what it takes to achieve high levels,” said parent Joe Kosloski.

To all of the idiots who think every American kid gets a sports trophy..........try harder.
Sorry, I've seen the trophies myself.
My nephew has a shelf full. for participating. on losing teams.

The Progressive Jihad on American education continues unabated

School Changes Heart, Honors Night Back on the Table after Parent Outcry

perhaps people need to read the story? I know reading is educational and we cant have that.

Oh and had anyone bothered to read the story before that changed their minds they would have read this:

Instead, students who would normally be recognized at the annual spring tradition will be honored during team-based recognition ceremonies and graduation

.By having the recognition ceremonies during team-based ceremonies, it will "afford us the opportunity to celebrate the individual and collective success of all students and their effort, progress and excellence."

They still would have gotten their honors but they wanted to include everyone to see it. The Op was being lazy for the sake of his stupid crusade on everything Pc.

This wasn't a case of everyone wins PC.

My favorite sentence from the link:

i guess watching their classmates get awarded when they would be "forced" to watch wouldnt teach them that...

"By having the recognition ceremonies during team-based ceremonies, it will "afford us the opportunity to celebrate the individual and collective success of all students and their effort, progress and excellence."

Celebrating the individual in team based ceremonies by affording the individual and collective success of all students? What the hell is all of that gibberish.

Forum List

Back