Paycheck

Johnney

Dec 9, 2003
IOWA
Whose seen this one? My finace and I went the other night and seen it.
I didnt think it was that bad. But if this memory wiping thing works i have a few that i need wiped out.

I thought it was a good popcorn movie, fun but not very deep or thought provoking. Decent action, good plot (hey, can't go wrong with phillip k dick ala bladerunner).

Not to bad of a movie, but it did reinforce my opinion of Ben Affleck, that guy sucks. Uma Thurman was the saving grace of the movie.

I'll wait for DVD for this one. In my opinion, John Woo hasn't put out a good movie since Face/Off. I prefer his earlier, more violent stuff, anyway.

Affleck is a little underrated, I think. He makes some horrible career choices, I think (did he even read Raindeer Games before he OK'ed it?), but he is a really funny guy (his bit as himself at the end of Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back is my favorite part of that movie: "no, bullshit, cause I wasn't with a hooker today! HA HA!"), and I thought he pulled off the dramatic moments in Chasing Amy really well. Also, from what I hear, he is really great in the upcoming Jersey Girl.

i like john woo films. not for the acutal content, but the action is outstanding in most of them.

I definitely want to see this, but it smacks of the movie with Arnold Schwartzenegger. Can't remember the name but didn't he have his memory wiped out and send himself stuff to solve the mystery?

Also, Affleck is an okay actor in the right roles. He's just not the thinking man, action hero guy. He was great as the best friend in Good Will Hunting.

I have to say that his buddy Matt makes a much better action hero- Bourne Identity is one of my favorite books and it was a good film. He was convincing.

Speaking of miscasting, I always thought Alec Baldwin made a better fit for Tom Clancy than Harrison Ford. Love Harrison just not in those movies. Don't really like Alec Baldwin, but I thought he was good in the first Tom Clancy.

thats total recall!! wasnt a bad movie. but that one was a memory implant over a memory wipe. still though...lol

Forum List

Back