Paw-Gate: Pawlenty Pardoned Accused Child Molester To Open Daycare Center

Cal

Since 2010™
Jan 4, 2010
Right behind you!
​Jeremy Giefer served time in jail in 1994 for having sex with a 14-year-old girl. But you wouldn't know it to look at the record of the man now charged with sexually molesting his daughter more than 250 times over the last eight years.

That's because two years ago, Gov. Tim Pawlenty, Attorney General Lori Swanson, and then-Chief Justice Eric Magnuson unanimously voted to wipe Giefer's record clean, granting him a pardon extraordinary.

One reason Giefer wanted his record cleared? His wife wanted to open a childcare center in the house where they live--the same house where Giefer allegedly molested his young daughter throughout the six years prior.
That's one of the troubling details contained in Giefer's pardon request:

"I was told May 2007 that I could no longer coach my son's baseball team because I was considered a sex offender. We opened a towing company October 2004 and we were told that if we would like to expand our business and tow for the state Patrol you need to have a clear record. Also my wife has worked in the childcare field for 11 years and she was hoping to open our home to care for children but she is not able to do that since I live in the home."

A website advertises the childcare service run by Susan Giefer, wife of the sex criminal pardoned by Minnesota Governor Tim Pawlenty.
​As it turns out, Giefer's wife--the woman he pleaded guilty to statutorily raping in 1994--had already opened a family childcare center next door to their Vernon Center home two months earlier, according to state licensing information.

[...]

But while the responsibility for the decisions is shared equally by the board members, Governor Pawlenty is likely to feel most of the heat for the Giefer pardon. Pawlenty has gone to great lengths as governor to position himself as a social conservative who's tough on crime and tougher on sex criminals.

That carefully manicured persona is now in jeopardy. If Pawlenty's political opponents want fodder for an attack ad when the campaign gets dirty, they couldn't ask for much better than the story about how he voted to clear the record of a sex offender now charged with habitually raping his own daughter.

And there's a paper trail showing Pawlenty knew the creep wanted to pave the way for a childcare center in his home.

Jeremy Giefer, accused child molester, got Pawlenty pardon to open childcare center - Minneapolis / St. Paul News - The Blotter

Deffinitely not a plus for the Governor. How do you think his challengers in the Republican primary will spin this?

You liberal scum are desperate to keep your fascist boy obama in power.I remember your punk obama
is a CLOSE friend to the terrorist Ayers and the America hating racist Rev Wright.Fuck you liberal!

You liberal scum are desperate to keep your fascist boy obama in power.I remember your punk obama
is a CLOSE friend to the terrorist Ayers and the America hating racist Rev Wright.Fuck you liberal!

:lol:

You chose this guilt by association, gotcha crap. Now it's being used against yas.

Eat it.:lol:

:lol:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmwhdDv8VrM]YouTube - ‪1988 George Bush Sr. "Revolving Door" Attack Ad Campaign‬‏[/ame]

Didn't take long for the dirty tricks democrats to dig up every pardon the former governor ever issued. For a sense of balance just consider the defense of Bill Clinton. Having sex in the workplace with a girl about the same age of his own daughter and blaming it on something his enabling wife called "the vast right wing conspiracy. Laughing at a victim who came forward with credible allegations of rape because the statute of limitation expired. Creating (at campaign contributor expense) a "bimbo eruption squad" which purpose was ruining every woman who came forward. Yeah, Clinton was a beauty. Imagine pardoning the most notorious corporate pirate in history in exchange for a million dollars to build a monument to yourself. Incidently the ass't A.G. who arranged the pardon of Marc Rich while he was on the FBI 10 most wanted list is now Obama's A.G.

Last edited:
So let me get this straight, a man impregnates his girlfriend and goes to jail for it because she's a minor. They marry and raise a family. Years later his wife, who is a longtime daycare worker, wants to open her own business and the family can't do it because he's listed as a "sex offender." They appeal to the state to have him paroled from the list and Gov. Pawlenty is part of a three-member board which unanimously decides to grant parole in this unique case after years of demonstrated family commitment and an appeal by the parolee's past victim (now longtime wife). Two years pass and the man is now in trouble with the law for allegedly molesting his daughter over a span of seven years.

Unless one believes that no sex offender should ever be paroled under any circumstances, then how did Pawlenty err given the information before him and the rest of the parole board at the time?

The media didn't see fit to make a story out of this at the time the board issued its ruling while Pawlenty was still governor. Only now it's a story because he's running for President. Furthermore, there's no public accusations of Giefer having molested any of the daycare attendees since the daycare was opened in the past two years.

The parole board's actions are (a) defensible, (b) noncontroversial at the time they were made, and (c) not connected in any way with the commission of any crime.

Last edited:
I dont think Pawlenty should be blamed for this criminal.

The pardon he made of this creep was pretty reasonable in my mind.

Yes he turned out to be a completely horrible person but Pawlenty could not see the future.

There are Pawlenty of things wrong with this mans ideas that we done need this mistake.

Yes he turned out to be a completely horrible person but Pawlenty could not see the future.

There are Pawlenty of things wrong with this mans ideas that we done need this mistake.

You can thank Lee Atwater for this crap.

Lee Atwater - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And given that the conservatives haven't given up on doing this exact thing..the outrage is humourous.

Fun to watch desparate people flailing around as they are being dragged down, down, down by Obama to the dark depths of defeat. Whenever the lefty nimcombobots bring up guilt by association, all we have to do is mention two men.....Bill Ayers and Rev. Wright. Game over. Actually, we could go with some of the czars BO has appointed as well. Dumb asses.

Last edited:

You can thank Lee Atwater for this crap.

Lee Atwater - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And given that the conservatives haven't given up on doing this exact thing..the outrage is humourous.

Yes I remember the Dukakis ad.

The right has no love for history.

They will pretend they dont ever do this no matter how much evidecne exsists in the world.

Fun to watch desparate people flailing around as they are being dragged down, down, down by Obama to the dark depths of defeat. Whenever the lefty nimcombobots bring up guilt by association, all we have to do is mention two men.....Bill Ayers and Rev. Wright. Game over. Actually, we could go with some of the czars BO has appointed as well. Dumb asses.

I'm not flailing over anything, retard.

I'm wondering how the right will spin the actions of T-Paw.. you know how they are with that guilt by association thing..

& that's all you have to mention? Lmao.. yeah, 'cause that bullshit worked out for ya in 2008, huh?.. :cuckoo:

There is a huge void of fair and balenced on the right.

It was a decent party at one time, that time has long disapeared

So let me get this straight, a man impregnates his girlfriend and goes to jail for it because she's a minor. They marry and raise a family. Years later his wife, who is a longtime daycare worker, wants to open her own business and the family can't do it because he's listed as a "sex offender." They appeal to the state to have him paroled from the list and Gov. Pawlenty is part of a three-member board which unanimously decides to grant parole in this unique case after years of demonstrated family commitment and an appeal by the parolee's past victim (now longtime wife). Two years pass and the man is now in trouble with the law for allegedly molesting his daughter over a span of seven years.

Unless one believes that no sex offender should ever be paroled under any circumstances, then how did Pawlenty err given the information before him and the rest of the parole board at the time?

The media didn't see fit to make a story out of this at the time the board issued its ruling while Pawlenty was still governor. Only now it's a story because he's running for President. Furthermore, there's no public accusations of Giefer having molested any of the daycare attendees since the daycare was opened in the past two years.

The parole board's actions are (a) defensible, (b) noncontroversial at the time they were made, and (c) not connected in any way with the commission of any crime.

BTW: He didn't just impregnate his girlfriend.. he molested his minor aged daughter over 200 times.. And he made VERY clear in the letter that he wanted to be pardoned so his wife could open a daycare in his home.

I'm just wondering how his Republican opponents will paint this.. :eusa_whistle:

I'm wondering how the right will spin the actions of T-Paw.. you know how they are with that guilt by association thing..

& that's all you have to mention? Lmao.. yeah, 'cause that bullshit worked out for ya in 2008, huh?.. :cuckoo:

2008 is long gone. 2010 is still fresh in both our minds and it doesn't look any better for your team with 9% unemployment, 19% underemployment, corruption of the highest order in this administration, and demonizing of the American people by calling them racists. You guys are gonna get your asses kicked again like you did in 2010. You just keep right on calling me crazy. I'll take the pleasure of watching you guys getting your asses kicked over that any day.

Last edited:

So I guess you were alright with George W. Bush starting a business with Osama Bin Laden's half brother..and then not catching the guy for years after 9/11.

Could there be connection?

Hmm.
"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." --Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004

Bush Never Stops Thinking About New Ways to Harm America - Video Clip

It's easy for democrats to engage in smear campaigns because they have the entire left wing media on their side and make no claim to moral or family values. You almost gotta laugh when they fake hysteria about allegations of marital infidelity on the GOP side while defending Barney Frank when his boyfriend ran a male prostitution ring out of his apartment. The liberal media knew about Clinton's sexual problems just as they knew about the Kennedys but they deliberately withheld the information.

2008 is long gone. 2010 is still fresh in both our minds and it doesn't look any better for your team with 9% unemployment, 19% underemployment, corruption of the highest order in this administration, and demonizing of the American people by calling them racists. You guys are gonna get your asses kicked again like you did in 2010. You just keep right on calling me crazy. I'll take the pleasure of watching you guys getting your asses kicked over that any day.

Naw.

The 500 billion cut from Medicare meme..won't work twice. Given the Ryan wanted to destroy it all together.

BTW: He didn't just impregnate his girlfriend.. he molested his minor aged daughter over 200 times.. And he made VERY clear in the letter that he wanted to be pardoned so his wife could open a daycare in his home.

I'm just wondering how his Republican opponents will paint this.. :eusa_whistle:

I'm trying to find direct news sources on this through google, but all that keeps popping up is opinion pieces rather than reporting.

At what stage is the case against him regarding the alleged abuse against his daughter?

From what I read, the accusation stated the abuse started at age 9, while he was messing around with his future wife when she was 14. These type of offenders are usually very specific about thier victims, either pre or post pubescent, usually not both.

Unless he's just a generic sick bastard, then in that case, Pawlenty is hosed by this.

​Jeremy Giefer served time in jail in 1994 for having sex with a 14-year-old girl. But you wouldn't know it to look at the record of the man now charged with sexually molesting his daughter more than 250 times over the last eight years.

That's because two years ago, Gov. Tim Pawlenty, Attorney General Lori Swanson, and then-Chief Justice Eric Magnuson unanimously voted to wipe Giefer's record clean, granting him a pardon extraordinary.

One reason Giefer wanted his record cleared? His wife wanted to open a childcare center in the house where they live--the same house where Giefer allegedly molested his young daughter throughout the six years prior.
That's one of the troubling details contained in Giefer's pardon request:

"I was told May 2007 that I could no longer coach my son's baseball team because I was considered a sex offender. We opened a towing company October 2004 and we were told that if we would like to expand our business and tow for the state Patrol you need to have a clear record. Also my wife has worked in the childcare field for 11 years and she was hoping to open our home to care for children but she is not able to do that since I live in the home."

A website advertises the childcare service run by Susan Giefer, wife of the sex criminal pardoned by Minnesota Governor Tim Pawlenty.
​As it turns out, Giefer's wife--the woman he pleaded guilty to statutorily raping in 1994--had already opened a family childcare center next door to their Vernon Center home two months earlier, according to state licensing information.

[...]

But while the responsibility for the decisions is shared equally by the board members, Governor Pawlenty is likely to feel most of the heat for the Giefer pardon. Pawlenty has gone to great lengths as governor to position himself as a social conservative who's tough on crime and tougher on sex criminals.

That carefully manicured persona is now in jeopardy. If Pawlenty's political opponents want fodder for an attack ad when the campaign gets dirty, they couldn't ask for much better than the story about how he voted to clear the record of a sex offender now charged with habitually raping his own daughter.

And there's a paper trail showing Pawlenty knew the creep wanted to pave the way for a childcare center in his home.

Jeremy Giefer, accused child molester, got Pawlenty pardon to open childcare center - Minneapolis / St. Paul News - The Blotter

Deffinitely not a plus for the Governor. How do you think his challengers in the Republican primary will spin this?

Maybe so, but he is not Obama, and that's a huge plus for him.

Forum List

Back