Paw-Gate: Pawlenty Pardoned Accused Child Molester To Open Daycare Center

So let me get this straight, a man impregnates his girlfriend and goes to jail for it because she's a minor. They marry and raise a family. Years later his wife, who is a longtime daycare worker, wants to open her own business and the family can't do it because he's listed as a "sex offender." They appeal to the state to have him paroled from the list and Gov. Pawlenty is part of a three-member board which unanimously decides to grant parole in this unique case after years of demonstrated family commitment and an appeal by the parolee's past victim (now longtime wife). Two years pass and the man is now in trouble with the law for allegedly molesting his daughter over a span of seven years.

Unless one believes that no sex offender should ever be paroled under any circumstances, then how did Pawlenty err given the information before him and the rest of the parole board at the time?

The media didn't see fit to make a story out of this at the time the board issued its ruling while Pawlenty was still governor. Only now it's a story because he's running for President. Furthermore, there's no public accusations of Giefer having molested any of the daycare attendees since the daycare was opened in the past two years.

The parole board's actions are (a) defensible, (b) noncontroversial at the time they were made, and (c) not connected in any way with the commission of any crime.

You have to understand how the left thinks, it's an atrocity for a GOP member to pardon a sex offender, but it's perfectly fine to murder an unborn child. While both are wrong, I think murder would be the worst of the two.

You liberal scum are desperate to keep your fascist boy obama in power.I remember your punk obama
is a CLOSE friend to the terrorist Ayers and the America hating racist Rev Wright.Fuck you liberal!

:lol:

You chose this guilt by association, gotcha crap. Now it's being used against yas.

Eat it.:lol:

lol,Dumb fuck,What goes around comes around.Your maggot obama is the lowest scum on earth.You liberal scum invented guilt by association . we are going to remind people
who the America hating pig obama pals around with.That be America hating racists and terrorists.What a evil fascist pig obama is.Now he has the Jews hating him,lol

You can tell the level of threat someone is to the left by how much they attack the person, Palin in 2008, Pawlenty now, Chrsitie is not even running and Obama has a team digging dirt on him, so you know Christie is a huge threat. I would like to see him run against Obama, he would crush Obama in a debate "If obama would have the balls to do one with him".

your missing the part where he molested his daughter for years,not two years...

BTW: He didn't just impregnate his girlfriend.. he molested his minor aged daughter over 200 times.. And he made VERY clear in the letter that he wanted to be pardoned so his wife could open a daycare in his home.

Some people seem ready to jump to ill-informed conclusions on the basis of an attack article clearly designed to smear a presidential campaign.

The alleged molestation of Geifer's daughter occurred over the past eight years. Geifer has not yet been convicted of any crime regarding his daughter. The alleged molestation was not known by the parole board (nor according to her own statements, the wife) at the time the parole was sought. Geifer's parole was to have his name removed from a sex offender register, not to release him from prison. Had the parole board denied the parole, Geifer would still have continued molesting his daughter.

It's preposterous to assert that any parole board, knowing a parolee was under investigation for another sex crime would consider granting parole.

This is nothing more than slander and lies. Check the facts before loudly proclaiming yourself a self-righteous baffoon.

So he pardoned a man for a crime that happened in 94. and now the guy is accused of more crimes after the pardon and this is supposed to be bad for Pawlenty?

Let me know when the guy is found guilty.

Fun to watch desparate people flailing around as they are being dragged down, down, down by Obama to the dark depths of defeat. Whenever the lefty nimcombobots bring up guilt by association, all we have to do is mention two men.....Bill Ayers and Rev. Wright. Game over. Actually, we could go with some of the czars BO has appointed as well. Dumb asses.

So I guess you were alright with George W. Bush starting a business with Osama Bin Laden's half brother..and then not catching the guy for years after 9/11.

Could there be connection?

Hmm.
"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." --Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004

Bush Never Stops Thinking About New Ways to Harm America - Video Clip

I don't care about that crap. This country has serious problems.

I didn't like the Willie Horton deal and I don't like the Pawlenty deal.
That said, I don't appreciate this thread.
Judge Pawlenty on his record.
All I can say is Pawlenty trailed Obama in Minnesota in the most recent poll I could find which was taken last year. When Pawlenty left office his approval rating was 43% approval and 53% disapproval. But maybe it will change since he announced his candidacy for Perez. Obama isn't exactly loved in Minnesota either as his rating is 49 and 46 and Minnesota had been extremely liberal but now has a GOP controlled legislator and a Dem governor.

Seeing that Obama can't win on his record, the liberals have no other recourse but to attack anyone that threatens their messiah.

Pawlenty is hosed by this.
Hardly. If the Maurice Clemmons pardon didn't prevent Huckabee from winning the Iowa caucuses in 2008, this certainly won't affect Pawlenty's appeal to voters in the least.

It does, however, give us another example ad nauseum of what passes for political debate among the Left.

Norm Coleman, like Michele Bachmann, wrote pardon letters on behalf of Petters associate Frank Vennes Jr. | Minnesota Independent: News. Politics. Media.

Pawlenty has done quite well with the Vennes family. Kimberly Vennes (Frank’s wife), Gregory Vennes, Stephanie Vennes (Gregory’s wife), and Colby and Denley Vennes, who have shared an address with Frank and Kimberly, each donated $2,000 to the Pawlenty for Governor Committee in 2002. Frank, Kimberly, Gregory, Stephanie, Colby and Denley Vennes each contributed $250 to Pawlenty in 2004 and $2,000 apiece in 2006.

Last edited:
Williston Herald - Online Edition

Frank Vennes Jr., who was raised in Williston and owned property in the town, along with David Harrold and Bruce Prevost were each charged with four counts of securities fraud for allegedly giving false information about Petters Co. Inc. to investors. All three men currently live in Florida.

Vennes, 53, is a former Petters associate who's also charged with money laundering. Petters is serving a 50-year sentence after being convicted of orchestrating a $3.7 billion Ponzi scheme through PCI. Petters is appealing.

You liberal scum are desperate to keep your fascist boy obama in power.I remember your punk obama
is a CLOSE friend to the terrorist Ayers and the America hating racist Rev Wright.Fuck you liberal!

You chose this guilt by association, gotcha crap. Now it's being used against yas.

Oh yes, this kind of thing is Rovian strategy, he practically invented it.

Note they ran away when it got even deeper.

This Op story is a non story but it sure does make it easy to point out the story I just gave.

Pawlenty, Coburn and Bachman have ties to a guy who is in prison as we speak of a massive con.

Oh yes, this kind of thing is Rovian strategy, he practically invented it.

Lee Atwater invented it.

Rove was an acolyte.

Didn't take long for the dirty tricks democrats to dig up every pardon the former governor ever issued. For a sense of balance just consider the defense of Bill Clinton. Having sex in the workplace with a girl about the same age of his own daughter and blaming it on something his enabling wife called "the vast right wing conspiracy. Laughing at a victim who came forward with credible allegations of rape because the statute of limitation expired. Creating (at campaign contributor expense) a "bimbo eruption squad" which purpose was ruining every woman who came forward. Yeah, Clinton was a beauty. Imagine pardoning the most notorious corporate pirate in history in exchange for a million dollars to build a monument to yourself. Incidently the ass't A.G. who arranged the pardon of Marc Rich while he was on the FBI 10 most wanted list is now Obama's A.G.

Did you forget about Newt going wild during that time and having affairs with staffers as well?

And the fucked up thing is, Newt is the only candidate that you have thus far.

Sad, actually.

Forum List

Back