Pause in Sea Level Rise Tied to Massive Flooding in Australia

Dayam -- I thought cats had better memories.. I'm not hearing voices.

Pointing out gravity is _one_reason is not saying gravity is the only reason. You so badly want me to be wrong, you're abandoning logic to make it happen.

How about that 150mm CHANGE in ONE FREAKING YEAR just east of Australia eh??

How about it? And the repeat of that -- that seems to be happening AGAIN?

If you could state a coherent point, it would be much easier to talk about it. Since trying to nail the ocean to the wall is pointless, I'll wait for you do to that. Best I can tell now, you're saying that a seasonal variation in one spot means the global average must be wrong. As that's absurd, there surely must be more to it, right?

May well be a natural variation --- but it's not seasonal as the 10 yr record shows.
This massive move down of 150mm IS TIMED to the event in the OP.. But it is also CONTINUING down..

Point is --- It's pretty juvenile to leap to the FIRST conclusion someone puts in front of you (like the OP) without checking the peripheral facts and observations. SOMETHING is changing as far as those SL rate rises that WERE 3X higher than a global average.

Second point is --- it's also juvenile to be touting "global averages" for everything when you KNOW it will mask what can be learned about the system dynamics on a local or regional scale.. What shows on a global average is only about 2% of what happened locally.

Third point is --- Juvenile is a hallmark of current era Climate Science.. Slowly, Painfully, these clowns are getting better at thinking thru their assertions..

This... scam you put on, that you're so skeptical and so dubious and you never just take anyone's word and you always check things out for yourself...

I don't buy it.

Last edited:
Pointing out gravity is _one_reason is not saying gravity is the only reason. You so badly want me to be wrong, you're abandoning logic to make it happen.

If you could state a coherent point, it would be much easier to talk about it. Since trying to nail the ocean to the wall is pointless, I'll wait for you do to that. Best I can tell now, you're saying that a seasonal variation in one spot means the global average must be wrong. As that's absurd, there surely must be more to it, right?

May well be a natural variation --- but it's not seasonal as the 10 yr record shows.
This massive move down of 150mm IS TIMED to the event in the OP.. But it is also CONTINUING down..

Point is --- It's pretty juvenile to leap to the FIRST conclusion someone puts in front of you (like the OP) without checking the peripheral facts and observations. SOMETHING is changing as far as those SL rate rises that WERE 3X higher than a global average.

Second point is --- it's also juvenile to be touting "global averages" for everything when you KNOW it will mask what can be learned about the system dynamics on a local or regional scale.. What shows on a global average is only about 2% of what happened locally.

Third point is --- Juvenile is a hallmark of current era Climate Science.. Slowly, Painfully, these clowns are getting better at thinking thru their assertions..

This... scam you put on, that your are so skeptical and so dubious and you never just take anyone's word and you always check things out for yourself...

I don't buy it.

Not for sale...

If I understand your complaint about me --- it's that I put too much work into understanding shit --- when all I need to do is to read some frickin' 10 year old polls..

I WANT to like you ---- you make that difficult.. :eusa_whistle:

So ??? Is it time to build an Ark?? What's the point ??

It floods in places -- shit happens...
Let's not make this into a mass hysteria teenage sleepover m'kay??

The point is that there has been an extraordinary amount of rainfall on the continents. The idea that sea level could be affected is a reasonable one.

Extraordinary? By who's measure? The only thing extraordinary is the amount of fools who insist on building expensive homes and businesses on flood plains and coastlines. The rate of flooding has not increased.

In fact it has dropped over the last 50 years. What has increased is the cost of the things destroyed and their numbers in the aforementioned dangerous zones that would never have been built in before.

Forum List

Back