Pause in Sea Level Rise Tied to Massive Flooding in Australia

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
By Tom Yulsman | August 19, 2013 9:07 pm
Australian-Rivers-Before-After1.gif

An interesting story @ Pause in Sea Level Rise Tied to Massive Flooding in Australia - ImaGeo | DiscoverMagazine.com

Interesting stuff.

I couple of weeks back I visited a village in Senegal that has been largesly washed away by rising sea levels. It was an eerie sight.

The buildings are still there, but the trees, paths and gardens around them are now underwater at high tide, and the water table is now salinated.

What will it cost to protect a city the size of Brisbane or NYC?

This isn't about RISING sea levels.. This is about die-hard cultists deciding to "double-down" on their weak and inadequate theories..

First we find the missing heat in the oceans.. Now we find the missing water that stopped the ocean rise.. And it's in a great place isn't it? The dry interior of Australia.. That was a wise move Mother Nature..

This isn't about RISING sea levels..

Um....well obviously we KNOW for a fact that sea levels are rising...but if you mean that there are also other forces in play, such as La Nina, then of course I agree with you.

Interesting. Are there past declines in SLR associated with other incidences of Australian flooding?

This isn't about RISING sea levels..

Um....well obviously we KNOW for a fact that sea levels are rising...but if you mean that there are also other forces in play, such as La Nina, then of course I agree with you.

You're such a dishonest turd.. Didn't read the OP --- didya?

You barge in on every thread --- try to re-direct --- and stoke combative positions. ANYTHING to avoid discussing the major points of the OP...

Interesting. Are there past declines in SLR associated with other incidences of Australian flooding?

Don't you know Ian that Australia is the ONLY PLACE that can hold onto it's water?
C'mon -- get with the science junior... :lol:

Note that there's no mention of how the "drought" there might have been broken by these events. Even good shit that happens is reinterpreted to show the power and wisdom of the god of Climate Change.

Don't you know Ian that Australia is the ONLY PLACE that can hold onto it's water?

Note that there's no mention of how the "drought" there might have been broken by these events. Even good shit that happens is reinterpreted to show the power and wisdom of the god of Climate Change.

Yup global warming is the cause of everything. Even if they are mutually exclusive.

Hey flac- if you were doing the study, wouldn't the previous drought/flood cycles be the first thing you would check? Because it wasn't mentioned leads me to suspect a rather poor past correlation.

Yup global warming is the cause of everything. Even if they are mutually exclusive.

Hey flac- if you were doing the study, wouldn't the previous drought/flood cycles be the first thing you would check? Because it wasn't mentioned leads me to suspect a rather poor past correlation.

To tell ya the truth --- I wasn't even AWARE of a "pause in SLR"... Last time I checked, they tacked the new satellite record onto the old record and claimed a RISE in rate of SLR.
Instead of reconciling the diff in rates.

I'm telling ya -- they are running out of headline news.. It's like if HoneyBooBoo, the Kardarshians, Paris Hilton and Lindsey Lohan all retired into seclusion and Entertainment Tonight had to do stories about themselves and other "journalists".

This isn't about RISING sea levels.. This is about die-hard cultists deciding to "double-down" on their weak and inadequate theories..

ad hominem fallacy

First we find the missing heat in the oceans.. Now we find the missing water that stopped the ocean rise.. And it's in a great place isn't it? The dry interior of Australia.. That was a wise move Mother Nature..

Yes.

To tell ya the truth --- I wasn't even AWARE of a "pause in SLR"... Last time I checked, they tacked the new satellite record onto the old record and claimed a RISE in rate of SLR.
Instead of reconciling the diff in rates.

I'm telling ya -- they are running out of headline news.. It's like if HoneyBooBoo, the Kardarshians, Paris Hilton and Lindsey Lohan all retired into seclusion and Entertainment Tonight had to do stories about themselves and other "journalists".

Yup. The problem with using up the slack in the system to support your position is that sooner or later the slack is all used up and you have to make embarrassing corrections.

But what about the Australian drought you all were warning us about?

But what about the Australian drought you all were warning us about?

We should dredge up some of those old threads. One of the most heartbreaking and needless mistakes was kepping the dams full because of fear of droughts even though they knew rain was coming.

Interesting stuff.

I couple of weeks back I visited a village in Senegal that has been largesly washed away by rising sea levels. It was an eerie sight.

The buildings are still there, but the trees, paths and gardens around them are now underwater at high tide, and the water table is now salinated.

Ah yes, the good little propagandist is no doubt talking about Doun Babe Dieye. Which is suffering from incompetence more than anything else. You see it was protected by a large sand bar called the Langue de Barbarie but the authorities (worried about a large rainfall) cut a channel across it to get rid of the water. The channel started out as a cut roughly 4 meters wide by 100 meters long but it is now more than 2 KILOMETERS wide!

So they claim it is due to global warming and the rise of the sea (which as we have seen really isn't) as the cause, but in point of fact it was due to sheer stupidity that the problem has been exacerbated by "experts".

Interesting stuff.

Ah yes, the good little propagandist is no doubt talking about Doun Babe Dieye. Which is suffering from incompetence more than anything else. You see it was protected by a large sand bar called the Langue de Barbarie but the authorities (worried about a large rainfall) cut a channel across it to get rid of the water. The channel started out as a cut roughly 4 meters wide by 100 meters long but it is now more than 2 KILOMETERS wide!

So they claim it is due to global warming and the rise of the sea (which as we have seen really isn't) as the cause, but in point of fact it was due to sheer stupidity that the problem has been exacerbated by "experts".

Did you chase after that Saigon fly ball?? Or were you just keeping this comedy for yourself??

That's pretty funny how man-made tragedies are used to promote the climate change legends.. :eusa_liar:

ANYTHING to avoid discussing the major points of the OP...

I still don't see anyone providing evidence that the OP is not entirely correct.

In what post number did you address them?

Meanhile, we know for a fact that sea levels have risen and are rising. At what point will the Sceptics address that point?

You can start here:

Sea Level Trends

:lol::lol::lol: The seas are rising even when they aren't huh. And you wonder why you clowns are no longer respected or believed. You are an absolute farce.

Well, we have ol' Walleyes once again in the mood for really big lies. The map by NOAA is pretty damned hard to misinterpret.

Sea Level Trends

Lies? The OP states quite clearly that sea levels have fallen (which we have been saying for the last two years) and then they give a laughable reason. Lie? That's YOUR specialty oltrakartrollingblunderorogenicamanfraud.

Westwall -

Can you grasp the concept that sea levels might be rising in some areas, and falling in other areas at the same time?

Also, do you understand the difference between a major long term (rising) trend, and a minor short-term (falling) trend within that wider trend? This was described in the OP material.

These really are not difficult concepts...why you find them so baffling I have no idea.

Forum List

Back