Paul Wolfoitz Agrees w/ Ron Paul's Foreign Policy

Another recovering Neocon. I think there will be a lot more of them in the near future. WTG Mr. Wolfowitz!

Another recovering Neocon. I think there will be a lot more of them in the near future. WTG Mr. Wolfowitz!

Did you even read the transcript?

I don't see where he agrees with Paul at all.
^This^
But the way I would put it in terms of the '92 document and briefings is that, you have to remember, the Cold War had ended. There were a lot of people who said we don't need any of these Cold War alliances any more. We don't need NATO any more. Then President Bush was asked why do you need NATO now that the threat's gone away? He said the threat's still there. They said what is it? He said the threat's uncertainty, and people sort of laughed at that.
The phrase "Uncertainty", a ghostly, shapeshifting, bogeyman that can be redefined to whatever you want given the circumstances is replaced today by "The War on Terror".

^This^
But the way I would put it in terms of the '92 document and briefings is that, you have to remember, the Cold War had ended. There were a lot of people who said we don't need any of these Cold War alliances any more. We don't need NATO any more. Then President Bush was asked why do you need NATO now that the threat's gone away? He said the threat's still there. They said what is it? He said the threat's uncertainty, and people sort of laughed at that.
The phrase "Uncertainty", a ghostly, shapeshifting, bogeyman that can be redefined to whatever you want given the circumstances is replaced today by "The War on Terror".

Hmm... ok. I guess. But it's pretty obvious that Wolfowitz was defending the Bush administrations policies, and opposing Paul's views in pretty much every way.

In any case, that was from 2003. It would be interesting to hear his views today - to see if they have changed at all.

^This^

Just like the media is using the "uncertainty" of the Korea situation right now to drum up fear.

Forum List

Back