I am left but after thinking....

Sirkarl101

Nov 20, 2011
When the issue of voter I.D came up I without thought that this was a way of disenfranchising minorities who generally vote left. After researching and considering the hoops I had to jump through to get my own Indiana drivers license (which has some of the strictest requirements), I have come to change my position or at least look at it again.
I had a cleaning company and worked in management for some of the biggest cleaning companies and I recalled a situation of four ethnic individuals who were applying for positions and presented driver license from another northern state. Each I.D looked good except for one minor issue and that was each I.D had identical finger prints. They sensed I knew what was up and ran like rabbits. This brings me to my point. I looked online and there are many companies that will for a fee get all the documentation you need to get your I.D. We need a federal I.D system to stop all this illegal workers, illegal voters etc. or at least tough requirements like Indiana. Each I.D has special holographic technology which is difficult to reproduce.
I did not want to shell out the money for I.D but damn you have to do what you have to do. That is being a responsible citizen in my opinion.
I was rash in my original decision and it is political at this point, however it is also a necessity. Believe you me I am not pandering to the right. I still do not agree with their views or tactics.

One day prior to starting this thread, you seem to have posted on this forum,

All the studies and analysis has been done and you are well aware that the new laws target a demographic group that by a great majority tend to vote Democratic. The amount of voter fraud is so minute that this ploy was proven to be politically motivated. Most are well aware that the right would stand a fair chance but would more than likely lose if they did not deprive voters on the left of their right to vote. It is an example of the republicans knowing that their actions or inaction in congress is hurting their chances at elections.

Myself will never accept the results of the elections either way if people are deprived of their right to vote. You go ahead and justify iy any way you want, you know it is wrong. I have a feeling though that the Democrats have a legal means of stopping such an outrage.
I invite you to go to fact check and research the issue and I am sure you will be person enough to state your being wrong.

Did you really change your mind in the period between these posts based on an incident that occurred some time before either?

I am inclined more towards your original statement, that the recent voter ID laws have been motivated in large part in order to pursue partisan advantage (for Republican state officials). While voters may be sincerely concerned with fraud, it seems clear that lawmakers see such matters as incidental to securing an undemocratic edge.

I disagree with your support for expensive identification as prerequisite to voting. This seems inescapably to be a poll tax, which is unfair and antidemocratic. Not only are the people who cannot or will not pay for such identification hurt, but the democratic process is weakened as a whole. I see no inherent reason why identification should not be provided for the purposes of voting, but such a system should be, unlike driver's licenses, entirely automatic and free (that is, supported by taxes rather than fees).

Illegal voters now? Really? You honestly think people are coming over the border to vote?

Shut up.

No, of course not. The estimated 20 million illegals who are already here probably sneak back into Mexico to vote. They wouldn't cheat and vote for our candidates who want to grant them amnesty. Ridiculous, isn't it?

Forum List

Back