Paul Ryan was shocked by election loss, especially the loss of Ohio...

JimH52

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2007
US
Ryan says Obama won ‘fair and square’ – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

"The numbers we were looking at looked like we stood a pretty good chance of winning," he continued. "So, when the numbers came in, going the other direction. When we saw the turnout that was occurring in urban areas that were unprecedented, it did come as a bit of a shock. So, those are the toughest losses to have - the ones that catch you by surprise."

I suppose Mister Ryan was basing his hope on Karl Rove's numbers? He may be shocked less often if he tuned into something other than FOX news.

I am finding the certainty high level republicans had in an Ohio win to be somewhat troubling. Did Anonymous indeed thwart a Rovian fix?

they must have believed their own concoction that Romney was the one who (actually) saved the auto industry and Obama was the one responsible for Chrysler jobs going to China ... and thought Ohio voters would believe them rather than the truth.

After Dems tried to steal the Walker recall it was easy to see they were going to steal Ohio

they must have believed their own concoction that Romney was the one who (actually) saved the auto industry and Obama was the one responsible for Chrysler jobs going to China ... and thought Ohio voters would believe them rather than the truth.

Didn't help that they were skewing--er, "unskewing"--their own internal polls to conform to their fantasies.

I can see how that would lead to some surprises on election day.

Didn't help that they were skewing--er, "unskewing"--their own internal polls to conform to their fantasies.

Yup, the Rove meltdown was priceless...Maybe the big Super PAC funders will think twice before handing over their Millions to Karl in the future. Big Bucks up in Smoke...

"The numbers we were looking at looked like we stood a pretty good chance of winning," he continued. "So, when the numbers came in, going the other direction. When we saw the turnout that was occurring in urban areas that were unprecedented, it did come as a bit of a shock. So, those are the toughest losses to have - the ones that catch you by surprise."

I suppose Mister Ryan was basing his hope on Karl Rove's numbers? He may be shocked less often if he tuned into something other than FOX news.

When we go through this again in 2016 there should be no disagreement that the state polls are the polls to watch along with Nate Silver’s analysis.

Why do Republicans always have internal polling numbers that are wrong? Maybe the first thing the GOP needs to learn is how to shop for pollsters.

When I found out everyone in Ohio was scamming $138 dollars a month just in food stamps, it made sense.

Come on. Bam Bam's giving households this much cash $$$$$$$$ Who would I vote for?

Give me a break.

When I found out everyone in Ohio was scamming $138 dollars a month just in food stamps, it made sense.

Come on. Bam Bam's giving households this much cash $$$$$$$$ Who would I vote for?

Give me a break.

Suggesting Obama bought off the majority of voters in Ohio, doesn't help the republican parties image problem.

Yup, the Rove meltdown was priceless...Maybe the big Super PAC funders will think twice before handing over their Millions to Karl in the future. Big Bucks up in Smoke...

I love it. Long overdue. That man needed a smack down beyond belief.

But now that we have him out of the way......:eusa_angel:

When we go through this again in 2016 there should be no disagreement that the state polls are the polls to watch along with Nate Silver’s analysis.

It will happen again. The GOP will only believe their internal numbers. Silver is not partisan. He also predicted the 2010 GOP House wins.

Give me a break.

Suggesting Obama bought off the majority of voters in Ohio, doesn't help the republican parties image problem.

Bam Bam gave her a phone. Oh come on. Urban vs rural. Do you know these cities? At all?

I know these cities intimately. From bars from bands and being in them. Are you just doing yap yap or do you want a true discussion? Because I think you are smart. But you are towing the line.

It will happen again. The GOP will only believe their internal numbers. Silver is not partisan. He also predicted the 2010 GOP House wins.

Third party.

Hey we did it up here. And now we rule.

Forum List

Back