Paul Ryan To Obama: Do Not Continue To "Mischaracterize" Medicare Plan

"I simply explained what our plan is, how it worked. It's been misdescribed by the president and many others, and so we simply described to him precisely what it is we've been proposing so that he hears from us how our proposal works so that in the future he won't mischaracterize it," Rep. Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) said after meeting with the president this morning.

Click here for video

Ryan's medicare "plan", more like scheme, was doa. He needs to stop whining about it and get back to the drawing board.

Yeah. It's DOA. A voucher that is worth less and less, as time goes by, is the same thing as ending it.

So the thread starts with a clip of Paul Ryan saying "If we demagogue each other at the leadership level then we're never gonna take on our debt" and then follows it up with a clip of Ryan saying "The irony of this bill is, with all the 'Medi-scare that the Democrats are running, it's ObamaCare itself that ends Medicare as know it."

That's actually a really good summation of Ryan: a spineless asshole who resorts to talking out of both sides of his mouth to deflect from the fact that he can't defend his awful policy preferences.

The good news is that ending Medicare and giving grandma an inadequate voucher for an Anthem insurance plan is snake oil that not even Ryan can sell. Except to a few diehards who seem to be universally in denial as to what his proposal even is.

"I simply explained what our plan is, how it worked. It's been misdescribed by the president and many others, and so we simply described to him precisely what it is we've been proposing so that he hears from us how our proposal works so that in the future he won't mischaracterize it," Rep. Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) said after meeting with the president this morning.

Click here for video

I saw the President tell an outright lie in front of the media and not one person ever called him on it.So lots of luck to Ryan.

The lie was the Arizona bill on immigration when the President said the law will allow officials to go up to people waiting on line to buy ice cream and pull them out of the line and demand to see papers proving they are in the country legally.

It was total bullshit and no one cared that he was lying. :(

Click here for video

I saw the President tell an outright lie in front of the media and not one person ever called him on it.So lots of luck to Ryan.

The lie was the Arizona bill on immigration when the President said the law will allow officials to go up to people waiting on line to buy ice cream and pull them out of the line and demand to see papers proving they are in the country legally.

It was total bullshit and no one cared that he was lying. :(

Because it's true. It's also true that the police do that now. That's why Maricopa County has been paying out tens of millions for these lawsuits illegally detained Hispanic Americans keep bringing.

Click here for video

Most on the left still wont understand the plan and will continue to mischaracterize it.

The revolutionary leftists will completely understand it but continue to mischaracterize it.

And the media will remain in the hands of the democrat party.

This is the mischaracterization.

Thanks Dumbfvck!

no, it's not.

If you're 55, you keep it.

If you're 54 and younger, or not born yet, it's gone and becomes a voucher program with a low cap on it all the while prices go up. it doesn't address rising cost, it doesn't address the fact that insurance co's could deny insurance to these elderly either.

Read the bill itself, not what the guy who's pimping it says in 34 second videos.

Here you go stupid...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B61HpYzd4jA]YouTube - ‪Rep Paul Ryan: Reform Medicare - Don't Raid It‬‏[/ame]

Paul Ryan is trying to save Medicare from bankruptcy

Talk about a mischaracterization!

That's just funny right there, I don't care who you are...:lol:

Click here for video

"Death panels."

Click here for video

Ryan's medicare "plan", more like scheme, was doa. He needs to stop whining about it and get back to the drawing board.

Yeah. It's DOA. A voucher that is worth less and less, as time goes by, is the same thing as ending it.

And it's a death knell for seniors.

Umm, no he isn't. He's changing medicare to something completely different.

Because it will go under if we do nothing

Not if we raise taxes to support it.

But it is true that if we do nothing, it will go under. I give Ryan credit for opening the debate. Thus far, the Democrats haven't offered much, other than to cap it in the health care reform bill. But it can't continue as is. So if we want to keep it as is, we have to raise taxes, or dramatically slash spending elsewhere, which means cutting social security and defense.

Click here for video

Tell Ryan he better fire off a memo to Newt Gingrich...

“I don’t think right-wing social engineering is any more desirable than left-wing social engineering,” he said. “I don’t think imposing radical change from the right or the left is a very good way for a free society to operate.”
Newt on Meet the Press

Click here for video

"Death panels."

hmmmmmm do we have paul ryan on record saying there were death panels? If we do ryan is so screwed :lol:

Thanks Dumbfvck!

Lets try truth telling.

I think we should be closing some 500 foreign Military bases worldwide, immediate withdrawls from Iraq and Afghanistan, cutting our defense spending by half and use the savings to fund domestic programs, infrastructure spending and space exploration.

You? You want Medicare?

Please enlighten us as to how you came up with a 50% cut in defense spending.Feel free to use as much space as you will need to show us your calculations.

I love these Libs who throw out all these ideas on how they would fix the budget and such.
I see Katrina Van Der Houfell a liberal media darling on MSNBC from time to time offering her opinion on how the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan should be conducted.

Can anyone of you Libs tell me what year she graduated from West Point or Annapolis?
If not please pass along this request to her at your next Lib get together.

Katrina STFU and go put on a little outfit and pick out your music for the stripper pole and leave the fighting of the wars to people who are qualified. :lol:

Thanks Dumbfvck!

no, it's not.

If you're 54 and younger, or not born yet, it's gone and becomes a voucher program with a low cap on it all the while prices go up. it doesn't address rising cost, it doesn't address the fact that insurance co's could deny insurance to these elderly either.

Read the bill itself, not what the guy who's pimping it says in 34 second videos.

That's what Republicans want. They aren't happy if they're not getting soaked.

Click here for video

how come this meeting wasn't televised?

answer; becasue Obama got taken to school the last time....:eusa_shhh:

no, it's not.

Here you go stupid...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B61HpYzd4jA]YouTube - ‪Rep Paul Ryan: Reform Medicare - Don't Raid It‬‏[/ame]

Hey Stupid...The dude wrote it. He does not "Have to pass it, so we can find out what is in it"

You on the other hand, do need to read it.

Click here for video

how come this meeting wasn't televised?

answer; becasue Obama got taken to school the last time....:eusa_shhh:

It was the other way around..

Here you go stupid...

YouTube - ‪Rep Paul Ryan: Reform Medicare - Don't Raid It‬‏

Hey Stupid...The dude wrote it. He does not "Have to pass it, so we can find out what is in it"

You on the other hand, do need to read it.

CNN Poll: Majority gives thumbs down to Ryan plan – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

The public has spoken, Ryan's plan is out, he just hasn't accepted it yet.

Forum List

Back