Paul Ryan is the VP pick

I'm a little worried about this to say the least but the more I think about it, and from some of the posts in this very thread attacking Ryan, it seems that the left is more worried about Ryan than I am but in a different way.

I'll have to see what happens between now and the convention how this thing will play out. It could get very interesting I must say.

22858282.jpg

If this is Romney's choice, then I have to believe he knows he is in real trouble and needs a "Hail Mary" to pull this out.

Agreed. I assumed he'd take do-no-harm (and maybe help a bit in Ohio) Portman. But that line of thinking assumes a dead heat or something like it.

Apparently Romney's internals are showing the same thing Reuters, CNN, and FOX news were this week: the race might be starting to slip away from him. There's no other reason for the risky "game change" approach.

"The Warmth and Kindness of a Cobra"

This is just my read, but when I see Romney, what comes across to me is thinly veiled hostility.

This is someone who is used to getting his way. He does not respond well when he doesn’t. He’s the boss who says that he values your input, but if you contradict him or his goals he will not hesitate to fire you or (better yet) see to it that you get fired. There is a coldness, a calculation about him. He is a man of action, a man who will do what needs to be done. If what needs to be done involves hiding a few bodies, he will find the most effective way to do so.

The façade of good humor, bonhomie and “man of the people” is a paper mask. The eyes looking out of it have all of the warmth and kindness of a cobra.

You’re absolutely right the women are creeped out by him. This isn’t the serial rapist or dangerous drunken frat boy. He’s the guy who would dismiss your thoughts and opinions and remove your autonomy under the guise of loving you. He’s the guy who would tell you, “Trust me. I know what I’m doing. Don’t worry your pretty little head about this,” and mean it.

More: Tuesdays with Moron: Chatological Humor Update - The Washington Post

Now, Romney has selected another cobra.

Except for Sarah!, there’s likely not a more divisive and polarizing republican politician than Ryan.

Pawlenty would have at least been a sensible, intelligent choice.

It seems Romney remains insecure about the radical right.

Except for Sarah!, there’s likely not a more divisive and polarizing republican politician than Ryan.

Yeah, except for every major media outlet, including the ilk of Matthew Yglesias have seen the capabilities and reason in his proposals regarding both budget and medicare. I think your perspiration is showing. You really were hoping for a Christie or Rubio.

Wow, this is sort of like the movie, Game Change...

I suspect it will have a similar ending...

Will Eddie Munster cry during Romney's concession speech...?

Yes, a lot of what was said about the Ryan budget were lies and mischaracterizations. The problem with picking Ryan is that they were good lies. Most people hear the "Ryan budget" and remember him pushing grandma off a cliff. Plus there weren't totally baseless, because his budget would change Medicare as we know it. When you're in such a close race, it seems like a real gamble to me, to pick someone like Ryan instead of a safer, more neutral bet.

I'm a little worried about this to say the least but the more I think about it, and from some of the posts in this very thread attacking Ryan, it seems that the left is more worried about Ryan than I am but in a different way.

I'll have to see what happens between now and the convention how this thing will play out. It could get very interesting I must say.

Old white Republican seniors were attacking Paul Ryan first.

This is what happened in his first town hall back in WI after his budget passed, which would give tons in corporate welfare and additional tax cuts to the wealthy on the backs of seniors and the working class with his proposal to end Medicare as we know it.

Seems that it's old white people who got there first, not Democrats.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfegLR6YxQg]Paul Ryan Booed By Seniors At Town Hall Meeting in Milton, Wisconsin 4-2011 - YouTube[/ame]

The stink of sweat from the left is nearly overpowering. I think they know just how many journalists and far left bloggers have already recognized that Ryan's budget truly threatens Obama. Now it will play out, including the entire administration tenure without a budget.

Republicans have the right, of course, to have the ticket they want, reflecting their ‘values’ and agenda; just as the voters have the right to reject that ticket – which will likely be the case this November.

Yeah, except for every major media outlet, including the ilk of Matthew Yglesias have seen the capabilities and reason in his proposals regarding both budget and medicare. I think your perspiration is showing. You really were hoping for a Christie or Rubio.

There are good things in the Ryan budget. However none of that really matters. It's mostly about perception, and the perception is that Paul Ryan wants to kill Medicare.

Romney to Announce VP Saturday Morning, AP Confirms It's Tea Party Favorite Paul Ryan

By The Associated Press Last updated on Saturday, August 11, 2012 12:17 a.m

NORFOLK, Va. (AP) — Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney has decided on a running mate and will announce his decision Saturday morning in Norfolk, Va., his campaign said Friday night.

#Romney advisers wouldn't disclose the name.

#In a statement issued Friday night, the campaign would only go so far as to say that the running mate would be revealed at 9 a.m. EDT at the start of a four-state bus tour at the Nauticus Museum. Berthed at the museum is the USS Wisconsin — possibly a hint about Romney's choice.

---

UPDATED: Romney to Announce VP Saturday Morning, AP Confirms It's Tea Party Favorite Paul Ryan | Jackson Free Press | Jackson, MS

AP CONFIRMS PAUL RYAN IS MITT ROMNEYS VP

Posted by Ralph E Wall,Sr,Admin on August 10, 2012 at 10:20pm in Tea Party

AP CONFIRMS PAUL RYAN IS MITT ROMNEYS VP - Tea Party Command Center

All guns abeam-left, fire at will...

Breaking: Mitt Romney announcing VP pick at the USS Wisconsin

August 10, 2012

“Romney will announce his choice for Vice President in Norfolk, Virginia at 8:45am EST,” Romney campaign spokesman Lenny Alcivar told reporters in an email this evening.

The announcement is being made at the USS Wisconsin. It’s still unclear whom he will choose, but the odds that it is Rep. Paul Ryan, R-Wis., seemed to increase when National Review’s Robert Costa noted that a charter plane flew from Boston to Ryan’s hometown of Janesville, Wis., today.

Breaking: Mitt Romney announcing VP pick at the USS Wisconsin | WashingtonExaminer.com

Last edited:

There are good things in the Ryan budget. However none of that really matters. It's mostly about perception, and the perception is that Paul Ryan wants to kill Medicare.

No, he wants it to survive, for those that really need it. I doubt there will be one to explain that better than himself.

Please name them...

Forum List

Back