Paul Ryan booed by constituents at town hall meeting

That's what insurance is.

jeezus. Medicare is a government run insurance program. You have to have paid at least 10 years of premiums into Medicare to be eligible.
right dumbass, insurance companies, with a vested interest in keeping down the cost. Not government. It's not a "government run insurance plan", it's a an entitlement. If the government can control costs better by paying an insurance premium than they can by paying for the services (and let the proffessionals figure out where the fraud is)... thats what they should do. Ryans plan does not "end medicare" as we know it or any other way, it justs has the government paying premiums instead of fee fee services.

Insurance companies have a vested interest in collecting as much premium as possible while paying for as few claims as possible.

And Big GUBMINT has a vested interest in controlling something they DON'T have any authority over Constitutionally.

He was advocating cutting the waste, not the care that Medicare provides.
This has become a popular talking point for republicons though.

What one person calls waste another calls essential treatment for the elderly.

He isn't going to cut waste for kids, but old folks are gonna have to go without their hip-replacements after a yet to determined age and treatment for anything they deem is excessive.

Just take a pill Gramps.

The Road to IPAB

Obama administration eases pain of Medicare cuts - USATODAY.com

What one person calls waste another calls essential treatment for the elderly.

He isn't going to cut waste for kids, but old folks are gonna have to go without their hip-replacements after a yet to determined age and treatment for anything they deem is excessive.

Just take a pill Gramps.

The Road to IPAB

Obama administration eases pain of Medicare cuts - USATODAY.com

And you see? He's effectively given another 'WAIVER'...this time to Senoirs to whom he has lost support.

What IS the Waiver count to ObamaCare these days?

(Yeah I know I can GiggleSearch it), but the news of waivers has been silent these past weeks...

Of course the far right loves Ryancare, even if it does real damage to their wallets.
I noted that no one touched my Post 133 which explains Ryan's approach and why it will price the "new" health care insurance for seniors ) ala Ryancare out of the reach of seniors starting in 2022 and in the future.
The bottom-line, Ryan care is corporate welfare for the insurance industry. What a new concept form the far right!

Of course the far right loves Ryancare, even if it does real damage to their wallets.
I noted that no one touched my Post 133 which explains Ryan's approach and why it will price the "new" health care insurance for seniors ) ala Ryancare out of the reach of seniors starting in 2022 and in the future.
The bottom-line, Ryan care is corporate welfare for the insurance industry. What a new concept form the far right!

QUOTE the part that shows you're correct...From his PLAN...

I dont respect rent-a-mobs.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...et-director-david-stockman-3.html#post3551745

Man, this is amazing.

Cons have encapsulated themselves from any opposing ideas. Republicans that dont agree are called RINO's. News orgs that dont agree are called liberal orgs. Blogs that dont agree are dismissed as being liberal and even when Repubs are caught red handed doing something they dont agree with they are called liberal "plants".

What a perfect circle of willful ignorance

Proving my point

What the hell? You neg repped me for asking a question? Is your vagina ok?

Between your neg rep for basically nothing and the finger flipping smilies, apparently this is a VWERY VWERY sensative subject for him.

And now he neg repped me too. :lol::lol::lol: He's seriously butt hurt over this issue.

:lol::lol::lol: Even Paul Ryan's own constituents don't buy his BS. Of course, this is not surprising given the fact that a majority of Americans, including Republicans, oppose the GOP's proposed tax cuts for the rich and their plan to privatize Medicare.

ThinkProgress » VIDEO: Paul Ryan Booed At Town Hall For Defending Tax Breaks For The Wealthy

Earlier this week, Rep. Paul Ryan (R-WI) embarked on a series of town halls across his southern Wisconsin congressional district. Ryan has gained notoriety in recent weeks as the architect of the Republican budget which extends tax breaks for the wealthy and phases out Medicare. House Republicans voted 235-4 in favor of the plan.

During a town hall meeting in Milton, a constituent who described himself as a “lifelong conservative” asked Ryan about the effects of growing income inequality in our nation. The constituent noted that huge income disparities contributed to the Great Depression and the Great Recession, and thus wanted to know why the congressman was “fighting to not let the tax breaks for the wealthy expire.”

Ryan argued against “redistribut[ing]” in this manner. After the constituent noted that “there’s nothing wrong with taxing the top because it does not trickle down,” Ryan argued that “we do tax the top.” This response earned a chorus of boos from constituents:

CONSTITUENT: The middle class is disappearing right now. During this time of prosperity, the top 1 percent was taking about 10 percent of the total annual income, but yet today we are fighting to not let the tax breaks for the wealthy expire? And we’re fighting to not raise the Social Security cap from $87,000? I think we’re wrong.

RYAN: A couple things. I don’t disagree with the premise of what you’re saying. The question is what’s the best way to do this. Is it to redistribute… (Crosstalk)

CONSTITUENT: You have to lower spending. But it’s a matter of there’s nothing wrong with taxing the top because it does not trickle down.

RYAN: We do tax the top. (Audience boos). Let’s remember, most of our jobs come from successful small businesses. Two-thirds of our jobs do. You got to remember, businesses pay taxes individually. So when you raise their tax rates to 44.8 percent, which is what the president is proposing, I would just fundamentally disagree. That is going to hurt job creation.
Lyin' Ryan says that taxing the top, as Obama wants by letting the Bush cuts for taxable incomes over $250,000 expire, will hurt job creation, but then he admits that most of the job creation does not come from the top but from small businesses!!!!!! Less than 3% of small businesses have taxable incomes over $250,000!!!!!

What has Bush TAXCUTS to do with RYAN and Saving Medicare?

*NOTHING* unless you like strawmen.
Ah yes, the patented CON$ervative Dumb Act when a point is made that they can't rebut!

The pull quote in the OP is ALL about taxes and not a word about Lyin' Ryan Destroying Medicare.
Pay attention.

Ah yes, the patented CON$ervative Dumb Act when a point is made that they can't rebut!

The pull quote in the OP is ALL about taxes and not a word about Lyin' Ryan Destroying Medicare.
Pay attention.

Your problem is that YOU subscribed to the LIE of the OP.

:lol::lol::lol: Even Paul Ryan's own constituents don't buy his BS. Of course, this is not surprising given the fact that a majority of Americans, including Republicans, oppose the GOP's proposed tax cuts for the rich and their plan to privatize Medicare.

ThinkProgress » VIDEO: Paul Ryan Booed At Town Hall For Defending Tax Breaks For The Wealthy

Earlier this week, Rep. Paul Ryan (R-WI) embarked on a series of town halls across his southern Wisconsin congressional district. Ryan has gained notoriety in recent weeks as the architect of the Republican budget which extends tax breaks for the wealthy and phases out Medicare. House Republicans voted 235-4 in favor of the plan.

During a town hall meeting in Milton, a constituent who described himself as a “lifelong conservative” asked Ryan about the effects of growing income inequality in our nation. The constituent noted that huge income disparities contributed to the Great Depression and the Great Recession, and thus wanted to know why the congressman was “fighting to not let the tax breaks for the wealthy expire.”

Ryan argued against “redistribut[ing]” in this manner. After the constituent noted that “there’s nothing wrong with taxing the top because it does not trickle down,” Ryan argued that “we do tax the top.” This response earned a chorus of boos from constituents:

CONSTITUENT: The middle class is disappearing right now. During this time of prosperity, the top 1 percent was taking about 10 percent of the total annual income, but yet today we are fighting to not let the tax breaks for the wealthy expire? And we’re fighting to not raise the Social Security cap from $87,000? I think we’re wrong.

RYAN: A couple things. I don’t disagree with the premise of what you’re saying. The question is what’s the best way to do this. Is it to redistribute… (Crosstalk)

CONSTITUENT: You have to lower spending. But it’s a matter of there’s nothing wrong with taxing the top because it does not trickle down.

RYAN: We do tax the top. (Audience boos). Let’s remember, most of our jobs come from successful small businesses. Two-thirds of our jobs do. You got to remember, businesses pay taxes individually. So when you raise their tax rates to 44.8 percent, which is what the president is proposing, I would just fundamentally disagree. That is going to hurt job creation.
Lyin' Ryan says that taxing the top, as Obama wants by letting the Bush cuts for taxable incomes over $250,000 expire, will hurt job creation, but then he admits that most of the job creation does not come from the top but from small businesses!!!!!! Less than 3% of small businesses have taxable incomes over $250,000!!!!!

Pay attention.

Well since Lyin' Ryan is the liar, obviously it is you who subscribe to the lie.

I on the other hand, debunked Cryin" Ryan's lie about tax cuts for the top and jobs. You are therefore desperate to change the subject from his lie about taxing the top hurting jobs.

Medicare is an insurance based system.
if you happen to have medicxrae advantage it is, but thats what obama wants to do away with. medicare is a fee for sevices based system where the people who are on it get services that the providors bill medicare for. It's a single payor government based system, not insurance.

That's what insurance is.

jeezus. Medicare is a government run insurance program. You have to have paid at least 10 years of premiums into Medicare to be eligible.

[/QUOTE]

The most amazing part is that Republicans - who panned Obama for trying to reduce Medicare's future expenses by a couple hundred billion - are now cheering for a program to end Medicare as we know it and replace it with a wholly unworkable system of subsidies to old people of any income that will cover a small portion of their insurance costs.

Pay attention.

Well since Lyin' Ryan is the liar, obviously it is you who subscribe to the lie.

I on the other hand, debunked Cryin" Ryan's lie about tax cuts for the top and jobs. You are therefore desperate to change the subject from his lie about taxing the top hurting jobs.

Did Soros/Media Matters teach you such witticism? You certainly didn't come up with that on yer own.

But its the voice of the people. You dont respect it?

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...et-director-david-stockman-3.html#post3551745

Man, this is amazing.

Cons have encapsulated themselves from any opposing ideas. Republicans that dont agree are called RINO's. News orgs that dont agree are called liberal orgs. Blogs that dont agree are dismissed as being liberal and even when Repubs are caught red handed doing something they dont agree with they are called liberal "plants".

Proving my point

LOL, he neg repped me too, and I wasn't even talking to him directly. He's just an ass. What else would you expect? If you don't agree with him, you're a flaming liberal parasite who hates America, so you deserve the neg rep.

Man, this is amazing.

Proving my point

LOL, he neg repped me too, and I wasn't even talking to him directly. He's just an ass. What else would you expect? If you don't agree with him, you're a flaming liberal parasite who hates America, so you deserve the neg rep.

Hurt Feelers?:lol:

Did Soros/Media Matters teach you such witticism? You certainly didn't come up with that on yer own.
SOROS DERANGEMENT SYNDROME. :cuckoo:

When deflection fails, try something, anything else.

Well, at least you admit I have WIT!!! :lol:

Why don't you link to where you think I got my debunking of Cryin' Ryan's lie, that taxing the top will hurt job creation when even he admits that most new jobs come from small business and less than 3% of small business who file as individuals have a taxable income over $250,000 and would be hit by letting Bush's tax cuts expire for taxable incomes over $250,000.

You won't, because you were PROGRAMMED to say that. You actually have never seen anything I post here on any Liberal site, but you are too weak to resist your programming.

btw, it's quite the insidious little trick that Ryan plays, i.e., exempting those 55 and over from having to lose Medicare.

Panders to the senior vote and raises the question,

if Ryan's plan is so great, why wouldn't he put older seniors into it?

Answer: because the plan isn't great, because you will be fucked in Ryan's plan.

As much as Ryan's plan would screw every senior out there, the fact is that something has to be done to curb the costs of Medicare. SS can be managed to a certain degree. It's long term costs are nowhere near as troubling as those from Medicare.

That being said, turning it over to private insurers is no answer at all. I have a good hunch the private insurers don't even want to mess with this because they know they would have no option but to limit the people they could cover to only the most healthy, or charge such high rates that only the very few could afford it.

Unfortunately, trying to discuss reasonable solutions around here is like talking to a wall, because the vast majority are so stuck on their own ideological beliefs that they refuse to consider anything that might actually be viable. Instead of trying to find solutions, they just want to parrot the talking heads on the radio that get everyone riled up into a frenzy, so they rant and rave against anyone who doesn't think like them.

Forum List

Back